Alaafin of Oyo Speaks On ‘Alienating Atiku From His Palace’. | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine

Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, has dismissed media reports that he alienated the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the February 16 poll, Atiku Abubakar, from his palace in Oyo town of Oyo State.

The monarch spoke against the backdrop of the recent visit of Atiku’s wife, Titi, to his palace, during which she solicited the support of Oba Adeyemi for the candidature of her husband, who was vice president of the country for eight years.

The Alaafin was quoted in the reports that he said the Yoruba people are happy with President Muhammadu Buhari, who is seeking reelection for a second term in office, on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), because he has done more for the Yoruba than any other administration since 1999.

“PDP is dead. I’ve no problem with your husband, but, Buhari didn’t offend the Yoruba. In fact, he has done more for us than any other government since 1999. And in this place, they call me Baba APC…but, I will pray for you. I wish you journey mercies,” the media reports quoted Alaafin.

But, in a statement entitled: ‘Tragedy of Fake News’, personally signed by Alaafin, Oba Adeyemi, at the weekend, said: “In recent time, I’ve been hurt by the pain inflicted on me by the circulation of fake news, especially on social media. Some users of the social media have been taking advantage of anomie to do a lot of havoc in our social life.

“Ordinarily, I cannot imagine how some people will buy statements supposedly from me, even in total falsehood without my consent and permission. The most recent and, indeed, most injurious of such stories was the visit of Mrs. Titi Abubakar to me recently.

“Anybody familiar with my public life would not believe that the language of the said story, which suggested alienation of Atiku Abubakar could have emanated from me. This is because all aspirants to all public office at all tiers of government are children of Oyo palace, the political capital of the Yoruba.

“Be that as it may, however, the Oyo Palace remains neutral as it leaves the ultimate choice to the people under the democratic tradition.

“I and the Oyomesi, the Oyo traditional cabinet, accorded Mrs. Titi Atiku all courtesies befitting a distinguished Yoruba daughter, a loyal wife and example of virtuous womanhood, who gathered hundreds of Nigerian girls (sex workers) away from the streets of various Italian cities, brought them back home, rehabilitated and gave them vocational training and occupation.

“She restored their dignity and pride as women. They became better women, good house wives and mothers to their own children. Those, she did through her individual initiatives and personal resources. Nothing  can ever dim the achievements of Mrs. Titi Atiku in this regard.

“The palace of Oyo remains open to all aspirants. The Alaafin casts no aspersion on anyone’s candidature for any elective office.”

1. download minecraft for free

May 10, 2019 at 6:47 am

Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your site by accident,
    and I’m surprised why this coincidence didn’t came about
    in advance! I bookmarked it.

2. minecraft free download pc

May 12, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this website to obtain most recent updates, thus where can i do it please assist.

May 13, 2019 at 6:06 am

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem together
    with your website in web explorer, may check this? IE still is the market leader and a good component to people will pass over your
    fantastic writing due to this problem.

4. minecraft download for free

May 14, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Hello, this weekend is pleasant for me, for the reason that this moment
    i am reading this impressive informative piece
    of writing here at my residence.

May 28, 2019 at 2:51 pm

you are in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading
    velocity is incredible. It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
    Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a great activity on this matter!

May 30, 2019 at 11:21 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how to get help in windows 10.
    Regards

May 30, 2019 at 8:53 pm

What’s up to all, for the reason that I am genuinely eager of reading this webpage’s post
    to be updated on a regular basis. It includes pleasant material.

June 1, 2019 at 8:09 am

Magnificent items from you, man. I have take into account your stuff previous to and you’re
    just too fantastic. I really like what you have obtained here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which wherein you are
    saying it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it smart.

I can not wait to learn far more from you. This is really a terrific site.

June 1, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Hello, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am too glad to share my
    know-how here with mates.

June 2, 2019 at 12:49 pm

What’s up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere,
    when i read this piece of writing i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant post.

June 2, 2019 at 11:57 pm

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time
    to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or advice.

Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!

June 5, 2019 at 11:25 am

I could not resist commenting. Well written!

June 7, 2019 at 6:35 am

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it!

June 8, 2019 at 7:50 am

Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to take a look.
    I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Excellent blog and excellent design.

15. tinyurl.com

June 17, 2019 at 11:55 am

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4
    year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She
    placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
    ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

16. quest bars

July 11, 2019 at 2:17 am

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to write a
    little comment to support you.

Politics

Adeleke vs Oyetola: APC replies Davido father’s claim on Osun guber

adeleke vs oyetola: apc replies davido father’s claim on osun guber Adeleke vs Oyetola: APC replies Davido father’s claim on Osun guber adeleke vs oyetola 1024x569 2

The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Osun State has lashed out at Dr Deji Adeleke, the father of popular musician, Davido, for saying his brother, Senator Ademola Adeleke, won last September’s governorship election in the State.

Deji had claimed that some “people know his brother won the election, but was deprived of his so-called victory by the power that be“.

In response, APC said that the billionaire businessman was “dead wrong” by the assertion, adding that “If he [Ademola Adeleke]actually won, he would have been governor today.

“However, the Senator is not governor because he lost that election.”

In a statement signed and made available to DAILY POST on Friday by its Media Director, Barr Kunle Oyatomi, the party said, “the statement of Dr Deji Adeleke that his brother, the PDP candidate won the election has no basis in law and in facts and should be disregarded by all well-meaning people who believe in the rule of law and the democratic process.

“That Deji Adeleke and some other people desperately wished for his brother to win could not make him victorious.

“More importantly, however, is the fact that at no time during the election process did INEC declare Senator Ademola Adeleke winner.

“Initially, the election was stalemated because no clear winner emerged due to serious irregularities and violence in Orolu, Osogbo and Ife Federal constituencies, which rendered the votes at seven polling units invalid.

“In law, when there is such a stalemate, INEC makes the determination for a re-run election at those polling units; especially so if the total votes in the affected units are more than enough to upturn any advantage of either of the two leading contestants.

“The PDP candidate lost the re-run election and therefore could not become governor. At that point the case went to the Tribunal for legal determination.

“Although the Election Tribunal in its judgment gave the election to the PDP, the Superior Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the country made clear in their determination of the position of the law that;

“Not only was INEC right to declare the first election stalemated, the final outcome of the process produced a clear winner, who is Governor Gboyega Oyetola, the APC candidate.

“So, legally and factually, the winner was the APC candidate albeit by a narrow margin.

“Such a re-run election was not peculiar to the state of Osun. Similar situations had occurred in some other states before and after that of the state of Osun.

“Such situations occurred in Imo (2011 and 2015), Anambra (2013), Taraba (2015), Abia (2015), Kogi (2015), and Bayelsa (2015). After Osun in 2018, INEC, empowered by Electoral Law in Sec 53 (3), also in March 2019, declared inconclusive, guber elections in Bauchi, Benue, Kano, Plateau and Sokoto.

“Winners and losers had emerged after the re-run and the Supreme Court did uphold the outcome. The case of Osun, therefore, is not strange.

“For Dr Deji Adeleke to still be dreaming that his brother won the election, simply shows that he has scant regard for the rule of law and belief in the democratic process.”

Politics

Osun guber: Lagos Speaker tells Adeleke next step to take

osun guber: lagos speaker tells adeleke next step to take Osun guber: Lagos Speaker tells Adeleke next step to take ademola adeleke 1024x1013

The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, has urged the defeated candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke, to prove his commitment to the residents of the State of Osun by supporting the Governor Gboyega Oyetola.

DAILY POST reported yesterday that the Supreme Court upheld the victory of Oyetola in the 2018 governorship election in Osun State

Speaker Obasa said this in reaction to the Supreme Court judgement which, on Friday, July 5, reaffirmed the ruling of an appeal court which earlier upheld the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a personally signed statement, Obasa expressed happiness at the decision of the apex court and Adeleke’s reaction in which the latter said he never took the September 2018 governorship election as do-or-die.

“I join other Nigerians in congratulating Governor Gboyega Oyetola over this historic victory. I also thank the people of the State of Osun for remaining resolute in their support for our party and the governor.

“I want to urge the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to have a broader focus of joining hands with Governor Oyetola to move Osun to a higher height.

“Politics is over; it is time for governance, and Senator Adeleke’s support for Governor Oyetola’s vision would further advance the state and its people.

“Osun is known as a land of peace. While I urge the governor to be magnanimous in victory, I will also task Adeleke to take advantage of the governor’s open arms in the interest of the state and its people,” the Speaker said.

To the people of the State, Obasa emphasised that this was the best time to sustain their trust and support for the government which is confirmed to have hit the ground running.

Obasa, who doubles as the chairman of the Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures, expressed confidence in the ability and capacity of Oyetola to deliver and build on the solid foundation laid by his predecessor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

“If Oyetola could do the much he did even in the face of the legal battle, I have no reason to doubt that the next four years would get the State of Osun in the right direction,” Obasa added.

The Lagos Speaker also commended the leadership of the APC, including Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, over the party’s victory in Osun just as he noted that the doors of the ruling party are wide open to receive as many well-meaning Osun people as possible.