Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

According to the Express, Chelsea are eyeing a move for Ivan Rakitic as a replacement for the departed Cesc Fabregas.  And Rakitic is one man high on the Italian’s shortlist.Spanish outlet Sport claim the Croatia international is being eyed as the replacement for Cesc Fabregas who left for Monaco this month.

Image result for Ivan Rakitic and Umtiti

The Blues have been linked with Leandro Paredes and Nicolo Barella this month but neither man is set to complete a move before Thursday’s deadline. Rakitic could choose to leave Barcelona at the end of the season. That’s after the Catalan club signed Frenkie de Jong from Ajax, although he won’t officially move to the Nou Camp until the summer.

Image result for Ivan Rakitic

Barca could also be keen to get Rakitic’s wages off their overall bill to free up funds to make more signings. In a blow to Chelsea though, Rakitic has stated he is prepared to fight for his place at Barcelona.  “If I am here [at Barcelona], it’s to play,” he said. “If anything has to change, we will speak. I have a lot of confidence. I know what I can give. I know who I am. “I want to be here and, if I can renew, to be here for even more years. “I am really happy here, everyone knows it, above all the ‘Presi’ [president]. I have nothing else to say.” Rakitic has appeared 30 times for Barcelona this season. The 30-year-old has scored three goals and provided six assists in all competitions.

READ ALSO  Chelsea rely on Father and son relationship to help the blues regain form

Image result for Ivan Rakitic

Asked if De Jong’s arrival could force him out, Rakitic added: “That’s a good question for the ‘Mister’ [manager] or the ‘Presi.’ “I am 30 and I am in the best moment of my career. I want to enjoy football and enjoy Barca.”

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid have confirmed the loan signing of midfielder Alvaro Morata from Chelsea until the end of next season. The 26-year-old has completed the deal with Atletico after passing a medical in the Spanish capital on Sunday. Morata told Atletico’s official website: “I’m very happy and proud to be here. I can’t wait to start training, meet my new teammates and play.”

READ ALSO  'Lionel Messi will end his working and footballing life at Barcelona': Club president, Josep Maria Bartomeu rubbishes his exit claims

Image result for Alvaro Morata

Morata started his career at Atletico’s academy before moving on to have two spells with city rivals Real. He joined Chelsea for a reported £58 million in 2017 and made an impressive start in the Premier League. But Morata has found his opportunities increasingly limited since the arrival of new Blues boss Maurizio Sarri.

Morata’s Stamford Bridge exit was effectively sealed last week when Sarri questioned where the player’s loyalties lay. Sarri said: “Morata is potentially a very good player. He has the characteristics for playing in my team, but one month ago he said he wanted to play for another team. “It was very difficult for him to give us 100 per cent because of his mental situation. ”

READ ALSO  Latest in the world of football

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
90 Comments

90 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sport

PSG vs Man Utd: Maguire, Cavani, Greenwood out of Champions League clash

Published

on

By

The Manchester United squad have travelled to Paris without Edinson Cavani, Harry Maguire, Jesse Lingard and Eric Bailly.

They will all miss their first Champions League group game against Paris Saint-Germain.

Maguire, Greenwood, Bailly and Lingard are injured, while Cavani is not fit enough to play.

Bruno Fernandes will skipper United in the absence of Maguire.

READ ALSO  Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo fail to make UEFA's Champions League positional awards shortlist for the first time

United manager Solskjaer said on Monday: “We hope the players won’t be away for too long. Edinson needs a few more days training before we can think about the weekend.

“Hopefully the same with Harry, Eric and Mason as well, but we’re not sure about that.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sport

BREAKING: Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

By

Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for Covid-19, Portugal’s Football Federation confirmed on Tuesday.

The 35-year-old is said to be “doing well, without symptoms, and in isolation”, with no further positive tests reported in the squad ahead of Wednesday’s Nations League match against Sweden.

The PFF confirmed in a statement: “Following the positive case, the remaining players underwent new tests this Tuesday morning, all with a negative result, and are available to Fernando Santos for training this afternoon, in Cidade do Futebol.

READ ALSO  Ballon D’Or 2019: Messi wins sixth award ahead of Ronaldo, Van Dijk [See top 10]

“The game (against Sweden), counting for the qualification phase of the Nations League, is scheduled for Wednesday, at 19:45, in Alvalade.”

More to follow…

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: