2019 presidency: History will not forgive us if we fail to punish Obasanjo – Oshiomhole | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine

2019 presidency: History will not forgive us if we fail to punish Obasanjo – Oshiomhole images 9 1 300x172

The National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole, has blasted erstwhile President Olusegun Obasanjo, for ceding Nigerian territory to Cameroon in quest for Nobel Prize for Peace.

He said history will not forgive Nigerians if they failed to punish Obasanjo for this selfish act.

Oshiomhole stated this on Wednesday at the U. J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar, Cross River State capital during his presidential campaign rally in the state.

Inviting President Buhari to deliver his speech, Oshiomhole knocked President Obasanjo for ceding Bakassi Peninsula to Cameroon.

He said, “I want to remind the People of Cross River State that never, ever can you afford to forget a Nigerian leader in the person of former President Olusegun Obasanjo who ceded part of Cross River State to Cameroon because he was pursuing a noble peace prize award.

“He handed over Nigerian territory to foreign country and reduced Nigeria to become refugees. The lady that presented a gift to Mr President has no home; Obasanjo ceded her community to Cameroon.

He said that Nigerians should not forgive him.

“There is no statesman in the world that will voluntarily cede parts of his territory to another country just because he needed noble peace prize award. If we are too weak to punish him, history will punish him.

“We cannot forget someone who separated families, those who give the noble peace prize award, don’t give it to traitors, they gave it to people who had work hard, not for traitors, not for opportunist and not for those who bastardised their father land” he stated.

Speaking, President Buhari assured Nigerians of healthy economy noting that Banks have been directed to give soft loans.

“Honest Nigerians said that they knew what he was doing and they appreciated it especially in the area of corruption. If you votes for us in the forth coming elections, we shall do more,” he said.

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

May 2, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who really knows what they’re talking about
    on the web. You certainly understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    More people need to look at this and understand this side of
    your story. I was surprised you’re not more popular given that you definitely possess the
    gift.

May 3, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make severely posts I might state.
    This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far?
    I surprised with the research you made to make this actual publish
    amazing. Magnificent task!

May 6, 2019 at 1:14 pm

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was great. I do not know who you are
    but definitely you are going to a famous blogger
    if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

4. download minecraft pc

May 8, 2019 at 11:28 am

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board
    and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to
    give something back and aid others like you aided me.

May 11, 2019 at 4:02 am

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going
    to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

May 12, 2019 at 12:32 am

I simply could not go away your website before suggesting that I extremely loved the
    usual info a person supply on your visitors? Is going to
    be back steadily to investigate cross-check new posts

May 13, 2019 at 4:28 pm

Hi there! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone!

Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and
    look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

8. mojang minecraft download

May 14, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Hello, this weekend is nice in support of me, because this occasion i am reading this enormous informative
    post here at my home.

May 25, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you, However I
    am going through issues with your RSS. I don’t know why I cannot subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody having identical RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

May 26, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Hi colleagues, how is all, and what you desire to say concerning
    this paragraph, in my view its genuinely amazing designed for me.

May 29, 2019 at 12:59 am

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend
    to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited
    from this web site.

May 29, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, such as you
    wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you could do
    with a few p.c. to drive the message house a bit, however other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back.

May 31, 2019 at 10:48 am

I am sure this post has touched all the internet users, its really really
    nice paragraph on building up new webpage.

June 4, 2019 at 6:19 am

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Ie.
    I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to
    do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d
    post to let you know. The style and design look great though!

Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Thanks

June 5, 2019 at 10:30 pm

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could
    add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some
    time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.

Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog
    and I look forward to your new updates.

Politics

Adeleke vs Oyetola: APC replies Davido father’s claim on Osun guber

adeleke vs oyetola: apc replies davido father’s claim on osun guber Adeleke vs Oyetola: APC replies Davido father’s claim on Osun guber adeleke vs oyetola 1024x569 2

The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Osun State has lashed out at Dr Deji Adeleke, the father of popular musician, Davido, for saying his brother, Senator Ademola Adeleke, won last September’s governorship election in the State.

Deji had claimed that some “people know his brother won the election, but was deprived of his so-called victory by the power that be“.

In response, APC said that the billionaire businessman was “dead wrong” by the assertion, adding that “If he [Ademola Adeleke]actually won, he would have been governor today.

“However, the Senator is not governor because he lost that election.”

In a statement signed and made available to DAILY POST on Friday by its Media Director, Barr Kunle Oyatomi, the party said, “the statement of Dr Deji Adeleke that his brother, the PDP candidate won the election has no basis in law and in facts and should be disregarded by all well-meaning people who believe in the rule of law and the democratic process.

“That Deji Adeleke and some other people desperately wished for his brother to win could not make him victorious.

“More importantly, however, is the fact that at no time during the election process did INEC declare Senator Ademola Adeleke winner.

“Initially, the election was stalemated because no clear winner emerged due to serious irregularities and violence in Orolu, Osogbo and Ife Federal constituencies, which rendered the votes at seven polling units invalid.

“In law, when there is such a stalemate, INEC makes the determination for a re-run election at those polling units; especially so if the total votes in the affected units are more than enough to upturn any advantage of either of the two leading contestants.

“The PDP candidate lost the re-run election and therefore could not become governor. At that point the case went to the Tribunal for legal determination.

“Although the Election Tribunal in its judgment gave the election to the PDP, the Superior Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the country made clear in their determination of the position of the law that;

“Not only was INEC right to declare the first election stalemated, the final outcome of the process produced a clear winner, who is Governor Gboyega Oyetola, the APC candidate.

“So, legally and factually, the winner was the APC candidate albeit by a narrow margin.

“Such a re-run election was not peculiar to the state of Osun. Similar situations had occurred in some other states before and after that of the state of Osun.

“Such situations occurred in Imo (2011 and 2015), Anambra (2013), Taraba (2015), Abia (2015), Kogi (2015), and Bayelsa (2015). After Osun in 2018, INEC, empowered by Electoral Law in Sec 53 (3), also in March 2019, declared inconclusive, guber elections in Bauchi, Benue, Kano, Plateau and Sokoto.

“Winners and losers had emerged after the re-run and the Supreme Court did uphold the outcome. The case of Osun, therefore, is not strange.

“For Dr Deji Adeleke to still be dreaming that his brother won the election, simply shows that he has scant regard for the rule of law and belief in the democratic process.”

Politics

Osun guber: Lagos Speaker tells Adeleke next step to take

osun guber: lagos speaker tells adeleke next step to take Osun guber: Lagos Speaker tells Adeleke next step to take ademola adeleke 1024x1013

The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, has urged the defeated candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke, to prove his commitment to the residents of the State of Osun by supporting the Governor Gboyega Oyetola.

DAILY POST reported yesterday that the Supreme Court upheld the victory of Oyetola in the 2018 governorship election in Osun State

Speaker Obasa said this in reaction to the Supreme Court judgement which, on Friday, July 5, reaffirmed the ruling of an appeal court which earlier upheld the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a personally signed statement, Obasa expressed happiness at the decision of the apex court and Adeleke’s reaction in which the latter said he never took the September 2018 governorship election as do-or-die.

“I join other Nigerians in congratulating Governor Gboyega Oyetola over this historic victory. I also thank the people of the State of Osun for remaining resolute in their support for our party and the governor.

“I want to urge the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to have a broader focus of joining hands with Governor Oyetola to move Osun to a higher height.

“Politics is over; it is time for governance, and Senator Adeleke’s support for Governor Oyetola’s vision would further advance the state and its people.

“Osun is known as a land of peace. While I urge the governor to be magnanimous in victory, I will also task Adeleke to take advantage of the governor’s open arms in the interest of the state and its people,” the Speaker said.

To the people of the State, Obasa emphasised that this was the best time to sustain their trust and support for the government which is confirmed to have hit the ground running.

Obasa, who doubles as the chairman of the Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures, expressed confidence in the ability and capacity of Oyetola to deliver and build on the solid foundation laid by his predecessor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

“If Oyetola could do the much he did even in the face of the legal battle, I have no reason to doubt that the next four years would get the State of Osun in the right direction,” Obasa added.

The Lagos Speaker also commended the leadership of the APC, including Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, over the party’s victory in Osun just as he noted that the doors of the ruling party are wide open to receive as many well-meaning Osun people as possible.