Depression is very common in our society and being on a bad mood often is very annoying. Feel depressed? Here’s 10 simple ways of keeping depression away and staying on a good mood:
1. Get enough sleep – The chances of you being in a bad mood are going to increase if you do not get enough sleep because when you are in bed your brain is developing and resting and your body is repairing itself, so when you sleep for only a few hours you are going to be starting the day on the wrong foot and things can only get worse. Do try your best to get eight hours and you will find that the day becomes that bit easier than it otherwise could have been.
2. Exercise – Exercise can help your body to produce endorphins and this is a chemical that makes you feel happier as well as fitter. You are not required to go to the gym on a daily basis, but do try to at least do some walking even for just 15 minutes as this can be enough to help put you into a good mood.
3. Stay hydrated – This may sound like common sense, but you do need to make sure that you drink enough water during the day because being dehydrated will lead to you feeling grumpy and more lethargic than you would normally be. It is important to point out that you are best to drink normal water and not soda or anything else as they contain additives and chemicals that do nothing for you when it comes to improving your mood.
4. Keep a diary – It has been shown in different studies that keeping a diary and writing down your emotions is a fantastic way of stopping depression getting a hold of you. The idea behind this is that it is for your eyes only, so nobody is going to judge you on what you write and it can be a great way of getting things off your chest rather than letting it eat away at you.
5. Do not hide away – Even though this may be quite difficult, you do need to try to socialize with people on a daily basis even if this is for a short period of time. Try and avoid becoming a hermit as it then becomes harder to change your mood when you have nobody to talk to, so get out, talk to people, and you will feel better for it.
6. Eat fruit and vegetables – Fruit and vegetables are crammed full of nutrients and minerals that can help you when it comes to trying to beat depression. By eating them, we are giving our brain the nourishment it needs to function as best as it possibly can, but eat the wrong things such as too much sugar, then your mood will fluctuate as those sugar levels rise and fall.
7. Meditate – Meditation has been studied by a number of people and there is no doubt that it does help to settle your mind and improve your mood if you have been able to even just get 30 minutes of peace and quiet where you can be alone with your thoughts. If you do not feel like meditation, then prayer does work for people that are religious as the idea is just to get some comfort from it in order to lower those stress levels.
8. Get Vitamin D – Vitamin D, along with Omega-3, is known for helping the brain, but we are often quite guilty of never getting enough of it and this does then have a negative effect on how we feel. Do, therefore, consider using supplements to boost the levels and you should feel a difference, but only if you do this on a daily basis, so make it part of your ritual as you will benefit from doing so.
9. Be thankful for what you have instead of worry about what is missing – Quite often we can become depressed by thinking about things that are missing from our life, but in actual fact you should remind yourself of what you have several times a day and be thankful for every single thing. The idea with this is to try to get it into your mind that not everything is bad and that small good things do happen to you and all it takes is you to remind yourself in order to put a smile on your face.
10. Love – Finally, make sure that you love those people that you are closest to because we are guilty of thinking we are all alone when depressed and in actual fact this is very rarely the case. Talk to your loved ones each day even if this is just for five minutes at a time and love them with all of your heart because those emotions will help you to see that you are luckier than you thought.
What Does It Mean When A Guy Calls You Dear In A Text?
Terms of endearment are often… Well, endearing! Right? We tend to love using them and being called them. However, it can be confusing when someone that you are not very well acquainted with uses a term of endearment on you. Especially a guy and especially through a text. Guys are all sorts of confusing, but when they do something like this it can really throw everything out of whack! It can drive you absolutely crazy not knowing what this kind of action means or why he would do it. Why would a man call you dear in a text and what exactly does it mean? Well stop worrying your pretty little head and read carefully! We know why he might be doing this and we can help you to understand it. Keep scrolling to find out all the reasons a guy might be calling you this cute little name in his messaging!
He Likes You As More Than A Friend
Well, the first reason that we could find to explain why a guy would be calling you dear through texting, is that he has feelings for you. This is a very nice term of endearment and is most commonly used by people who have intimate feelings for one another. He might also use other terms of endearment with you. He might call you honey, dear, sweetie, etc. These are definite indicators that he is harboring feelings of more than just friendship with you. He might think that you two are at a more comfortable stage with one another. He might think that calling you dear is a good way of breaking down that friend barrier and heading into a more intimate direction. If you like him then this is a great thing. It means that he finds you very near and dear to you. Hence why he is choosing dear as his term to use on you.
He Is Just An Affectionate Person
He Is Trying To Be Gentle
There may be a time that a guy might be calling you dear because he is trying to soften the blow. Soften the blow on what? Well, that is not something that we would know, but if he delivers some sort of bad news when using it then you might want to consider this as the reason why he is doing it. He might be breaking up with you or telling you that he does not have feelings for you. He might be telling you that something bad has just happened. Or he might be telling you that he has made some sort of mistake. He probably thinks that by calling you dear will ease you better into whatever news that he has for you. It doesn’t always work, but you can’t blame him for trying. It’s better than calling you negative names!
He Knows You Are Hurting
Or he might be calling you dear for another bad reason. He might be doing it because he knows that you are having a tough time. You might be sad or frustrated and he might be trying to make you feel better by being gentle with you. He thinks that calling you dear is a good way to make you feel better. This is definitely not the most common reason, but it does happen. He might just be a nice guy like that. So if you are telling him that you are having a bad day and he responds with a sentence calling you dear, then it might be this reason.
He Is Giving You Some Advice
You might find that a guy would call you dear in a text after he delivers some advice to you. Sometimes people feel the need to use terms of endearment when they are giving out advice to them.
GUYS! Check Out 7 Things Every Girl REALLY Wants But Will Never Ask For
Sometimes all it takes is one simple statement: “You’re the only woman I want.” Confession: I haven’t been anybody’s girlfriend in a long time. This year will be my thirteenth wedding anniversary, so it’s been a minute since I had the kind of concerns you have when you’re straddling that fence between single and legally committed. At heart, though, I think we all have a similar list of things we really want but are really hesitant to ask for, whether we’ve been dating someone for a month, or been married to them for a decade. Things like:
1. Compliment her.
2. Hold her when she’s crying.
3. Express tender gestures.
We don’t need our life with you to resemble a romance novel, but there are many small, sweet things you can do that will make her feel both desired and cherished. It may not seem like much, but this kind of intimacy is so important, and it’s something that’s almost impossible to ask for.
4. Reassure her every now and then.
Sometimes all it takes is one simple statement: “You’re the only woman I want.”Logically, we know that, but there are times when our rational mind is overcome by insecurity or hormones or the current cover of Maxim. I’m not saying you have to indulge that, just, you know, extend a little bit of gentleness.
5. Do stuff.
Wash the dishes. Fold the laundry. Change the sheets on the bed. Rinse your plate and put it in the dishwasher. Mow the yard. Give the kids a bath. Search for the missing socks. We handle this junk all the time, you guys, and you’re guaranteed second base at minimum if you would do some of these things unprompted from time to time.
6. Encourage her.
It’s so easy for women to lose themselves in the girlfriend/wife/mother roles. Remind your girl of the things she’s really good at and encourage her in her hobbies. Give her a gentle nudge out the door to go hang with her friends.
7. Commit to her.
If you’re going to be with your girlfriend, BE with her. Don’t half-ass it. Don’t split your time between her and the memory of your ex or the possibility of the future. Listen to her. Love her. Look at her when she’s talking to you. If she trusts you enough to share her heart with you, you have a responsibility to handle it with care.
Sport2 months ago
Another Arsenal player is set to be out for weeks “More bad news for Unai Emery”
Music2 months ago
AUDIO: Lil Frosh Ft. Small Doctor – Sonto Poilo Firi Yahoo
Business2 months ago
Don’t know how to make money? Here are our proven ways to make money fast
Tech2 months ago
MTN Users | How To Get 5GB For ₦50 (Valid For One Week)
Business1 month ago
Being successful is easier than you think!