BREAKING: INEC speaks on postponement of Saturday’s presidential, national assembly elections | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has debunked reports that the body was planning to postpone Saturday’s elections.

Presidential and National Assembly elections are scheduled to hold in few hours.

National Commissioner for Voter Education and Publicity at INEC, Mr. Festus Okoye, told DAILY POST Friday night that Nigerians should ignore the rumours.

His words: “If stories are flying about, allow the stories to fly. What they are reporting is not true.”

Asked to respond to information that INEC commissioners were in a meeting, Okoye said: “Yes we are in a meeting but we have not taken such decision.

“This is period and as commissioners, we meet every time”.

Meanwhile, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, said his camp had foiled a plan to rig the polls in favour of the All Progressives (APC) candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari.

However, the recent development of INEC offices being set ablaze in Abia, Anambra, and Plateau states by ‘mysterious fire’, where thousands of electoral materials were burnt, could be major threat to the election.

Also, earlier on Friday, the commission in Niger State announced that elections for the senatorial positions of Niger East and Niger North may not hold on Saturday as the ballot papers meant for the zone were missing.

 

Source> Daily Post

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

South West Governors react to call by Northern elders that Fulani herdsmen should leave Southern region

Published

on

By

South West Governors react to call by Northern elders that Fulani herdsmen should leave Southern region south west governors

South-West Governors Forum has reacted to a recent call by Northern Elders Forum, NEF, asking herdsmen to leave the Southern region of the country and return to the North.

Governors of the South West said the call was most unfortunate, divisive and retrogressive.

The Chairman of NEF, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, had in a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday, claimed that there was a move by some trouble elements to engage herders with violence in the Southern part of the country, while directing the herders to return to the North.

South-West Governors’ reaction was contained in a statement personally signed by the Forum’s Chairman and Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu on Friday.

The statement added, ”With no intention to engage anyone, it is incumbent on us, as elected representatives of our people in the South West Region of the country, to denounce this divisive and retrogressive statement in the strongest terms possible.

“The Southwest Governors viewed the with palpable trepidation and outrage, the sustained attempts to fan the ember of discord, seizing every opportunity offered by the current security challenge to undermine the unity and peaceful co-existence among Nigerians.”

“It is appalling, to assert the least, that the tragic incident, which claimed the life of Mrs. Funke Olakunrin, the daughter of Pa Fasoranti, the leader of Afenifere, would be used by certain persons to advance the cause of parochial and prebendal politics.

“We intend to get to the root of the sad occurrence as we await the findings of security agencies on the unfortunate incident.”

“The governors and the people of the South West are working assiduously, at the current security challenges with a view to finding lasting solutions to curtail the nefarious activities of undesirable elements bent on wrecking our collective peace.

”We are not unaware of the antics of certain elements, who hope to garner political mileage from the contrived crises in virtually all parts of the country.

“We are equally convinced that this confusion serves the narrow interests of some persons.

“The country has a rich history; she has had to encounter adversities in the course of her transition to nationhood.

“She has overcome them all. This distraction will also pass. We look up to the security agencies to take cohesive steps to curtail this major challenge of insecurity which engenders hopelessness.

“We can only enjoin all citizens, on our part, to be patient and continue to cooperate with them as they combat the festering crises.

“We on our part have taken great strides with the hope that great success will be achieved.

“We, however, note, with discomfiture, the unpatriotic acts of some Nigerians, who will stop at nothing in their bid to undermine the Federal Government.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Buhari vs Atiku: I got presidential election results from website operated by INEC official – ICT expert tells tribunal

Published

on

By

Buhari vs Atiku: I got presidential election results from website operated by INEC official – ICT expert tells tribunal Buhari Atiku 1 1

An ICT expert from Kenya, David Ayu Nyango Njoga on Friday said he retrieved the results of the 2019 presidential from a server allegedly operated by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Njong, who is a petitioner’s witness, told the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal that the results of the last elections were stored in a server allegedly operated by INEC.

According to Njoga, he only got the which he later analysed from a third party website: “www.factdontlieng.com”.

Claiming that the information was provided by an INEC official, Njoga informed the tribunal that the alleged INEC official acted as an anonymous person.

When asked if the website belonged to INEC, he said no but by a whistle-blower.

Njonga said the website was created on March 12, 2019.

When reminded that the presidential election held on February 23 and the results were released before March 12, the witness went mute.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: