Buhari vs Atiku: INEC reveals number of eligible voters in Kano — Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us

Published

on

The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), in Kano State, Prof. Riskuwa Arab-Shehu, says 587, 440 Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) have not been collected out of a total of 5,457,747 registered in the state.

Arab-Shehu disclosed this through the Public Relations Officer of the Commission, Alhaji Garba Lawal, in an with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Kano.

The figure leaves a total of 4, 870, 307 residents expected to cast their votes in the general beginning on Saturday.

He further disclosed that the electoral body in Kano had completed the distribution of non sensitive materials to all the 44 local government areas in the state.

Kano is a major battle ground where Presidentu Buhari of the All Progressives (APC) will slug it out with Atiku Abubakar, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate.

The INEC Commissioner added that names of registered voters was also sent to the local governments for distribution to all polling units on Election Day.

“As you can see when you enter our premises, everybody is busy sorting out the sensitive materials which we are going to start the distribution across the state and we hope to complete it by the end of tomorrow, Friday.

“I also want to inform you that we are going to use about 11,000 card readers at the voting points across the state and they have been also configured,” he said.

He explained that no fewer than 51, 000 ad-hoc staff who will conduct the elections have been posted to their various places of assignment, adding that accommodation and means of transportation have been provided to ease their movement during the election.

“We have a strong relationship with the National Union of Road Transport (NURTW), Kano Chapter, which they will provide us with the vehicles to be used for conveying the voting materials and the ad-hoc staff.

“Also, we are working together with all security agencies to ensure peaceful conduct of the elections,’ he said.

On the issue of APC candidate for the Kano Municipal Federal Constituency, the INEC Commissioner said they have received the name of Alhaji Muntari Ishak-Yakasai to replace the name of Sha’aban Sharada.

 

Source: Daily Post

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

News

JAMB reveals how 2019 UTME will be conducted

Published

on

By

 

 

Ahead of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, Registrar, Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB), said the board has introduced new innovations for successful conduct of 2019 UTME.

NAN reports that Oloyede made this known in Abuja on Monday at the meeting of critical stakeholders on strategic planning and preparations for supervision and evaluation of administration of 2019 UTME slated to hold between April 11 and April 15.

He said a robust item backed with appropriate safeguard had been developed by moving toward open examination with one million questions per subject which would soon be effected.

“A separate indicator had also been created for the deaf (mute) to differentiate them for special attention at the examination centre. Efforts are on to provide option of special centres or mainstreaming for the blind.

“We now have live report on centres that registered any candidate, the time the candidate was registered, who registered the candidate, computer system used, the location of registration.

“All these are done through our enhanced monitoring system. I want to warn candidates expected to sit for its examination to ensure their biometrics were taken and verified or risk sitting for the examination,’’ he said.

He called on candidates to comply with the rules of engagement governing the registration and examination of the UTME.

According to him, biometric verification will be the only mode for admittance of candidates into the examination centres.

He added that increasing threat of identity fraud during the UTME before the advent of BVM necessitated its introduction for capturing the biometrics of candidates to counter fraud.

“Any candidate that cannot be verified by the Biometric Verification Mode (BVM) must not be allowed to take the examination under any guise.

“All candidates whose fingerprints could not be captured during registration from centres across the country were brought to JAMB Headquarters and were registered appropriately.

“In other words, exemption mode is not allowed for any candidate. Therefore, no biometric verification, no examination,” Oloyede warned.

The registrar added that the use of email/password would not be allowed by cyber cafe operators as it had now been classified as an offence for cyber cafe to ask for password before rendering services.

Oloyede said the board held an international round-table on cheating devices in December 2017 where various technology devices used for examination further said that Automated Teller Machine (ATM) was added to the list of prohibited items during its examinations.

He said other items prohibited are wristwatches, recorders, earpieces, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, smart lenses, erasers, smart buttons and spy reading glasses, among others.

The registrar said the board had approved the use of 708 Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the country for the conduct of the examination.

He noted that the names of impersonators in the last 10 years would soon be published to serve as deterrent to others, adding added that about 1.99 million candidates had registered for the examination.

He called on the candidates to ensure they comply with the rules and regulations of the examinations

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Govt shut down three institutions with reasons

Published

on

By

 

The Governor of Osun State, Adegboyega Oyetola, has ordered the closure of three tertiary institutions in the state following a protest which turned violent in Ilesa.

Oyetola condemning the incident said the closure was with immediate effect.

The state government announced this in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Adeniyi Adesina.

The statement reads: “Following the unwarranted destruction of public property by irate members of the public in Ilesa, Osun State Governor Adegboyega Oyetola on Monday night ordered the closure of three higher institutions of learning.

“The affected schools are Osun State College of Education, Ilesa, Osun State College of Health Technology, Ilesa, and Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke.

“The closure is with immediate effect, the government would not hesitate to take further drastic action, should the need arises in order to protect the lives and properties of the people.”

Governor Oyetola further assured residents of the state of safety, adding that the government is on top of the security situation in Ilesa and in all parts of the state.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: