Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Acting Inspector General of Police, Mr Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the vehicular restriction from 6am-6pm on Saturday 16 February during the Presidential .

The order was contained in a statement by the Force Public Relations officers, ACP Frank Mba.

Mr Adamu explained that the restriction was in furtherance of the overall interest of public well-being, public order, safety and national security.

Acting Inspector General of Police said the restriction would enable the security agencies carryout policing effectively on Saturday, thereby preventing hoodlums and criminally-minded elements from hijacking and disrupting the electoral process.

READ ALSO  Another Bombshell! Saturday’s Election May Not Hold, Nnamdi Kanu Declares

IGP Adamu advised the citizens to come out en-masse on the day of the election to exercise their franchise peacefully without any fear or intimidation.

He said Police and other security agencies have put in place adequate security measures to protect lives, secure and provide conducive environment for a peaceful and credible election.

IGP warned that the Force would deal decisively with any individual or group that may cause problem during the electoral process.

READ ALSO  SEE!!! THE REAL REASON TINUBU STORMED SAUDI ARABIA, TO MEET WITH BUHARI

Mr Mohammed Adamu urged the citizens to steer-clear of vote buying, vote selling, hate speeches, circulating fake news, snatching of ballot boxes and other acts capable of truncating the entire process.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
20 Comments

20 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

End SARS: Looters of NYSC camp will be apprehended, prosecuted – IGP, Adamu

Published

on

By

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has said that hoodlums who made away with items meant for corps members would be arrested and made to face the law.

Adamu said this on Friday after inspecting the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camp in Kubwa, Abuja, NAN reports.

“It is very unfortunate that the camp was looted as we went round to see the destruction made by the hoodlums.

”The camp meant for the training of youths to enable them contribute to the development of the country has turned out to be the focus of looters.

“However, it is a good thing that corps members were not in camp during the unfortunate incident because it would have been a disaster,” he said.

READ ALSO  Melaye vs Adeyemi: INEC makes declaration on Kogi West senatorial election

He also revealed that some of the items have been recovered, while some of the hoodlums have been arrested.

“A total number of 53 suspects have been arrested so far and would be charged to court.

“I urge Nigerians to report anyone suspected to be in possession of the looted items to the nearest law enforcement agency.

“For those hoodlums who broke into this facility and stole, we will ensure that we track them and prosecute them,” Adamu added.

READ ALSO  SEE!!! THE REAL REASON TINUBU STORMED SAUDI ARABIA, TO MEET WITH BUHARI

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Osun Govt Begins Payment Of New Minimum Wage From November 1, Lifts Embargo On Promotions, Conversion

Published

on

By

The Osun State government on Friday announced that with effect from November 1, it will begin the payment of new minimum wage to its civil servants throughout the state.

The government also announced the lifting of the ban on annual salary increment and also embargo on promotions and conversions with immediate effect in order to encourage workers in the state.

The state government said these decisions followed the perusal of the recommendations of the government/labour committee that was set up to work out the modalities for resolving all workers’ welfare-related issues.

 

READ ALSO  Nine persons killed in Osun tanker explosion (photos)

The state governor, Mr Gboyega Oyetola, who announced the state government’s decision in his Twitter handle, further said he hoped the decision will make the workers to continue to put in their best in the state,

According to his tweet: “I’m delighted to announce that the implementation of the new minimum wage for Osun State workers will commence on November 1, 2020.

“This follows the perusal of the recommendations of Government/Labour Committee that we set up to work out the modalities for resolving all workers’ welfare-related issues.

“Additionally, we’ve lifted the ban on annual salary increment which was done in 2012. Embargo on promotions and conversions is also lifted with immediate effect. This is in fulfilment our administration’s pledge to give the welfare of our workers the deserved attention.

READ ALSO  2023: You can’t stop Tinubu from becoming president – Former PDP Chairman,Salvador warns Afenifere

“I appreciate Labour Leaders and the entire workforce in Osun, who are our allies in the race to deliver stellar services to our people, for their selflessness, understanding, perseverance and love for our state.

“You’re the reasons why, in spite of the economic storms, Osun still remains strong and outstanding in the comity of states.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: