Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board () has insisted that the use of electronic devices by candidates during the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) remains prohibited.

This was contained in JAMB’s Weekly Bulletin, released in Abuja on Sunday.

The agency said electronic devices like , calculators, wristwatches and recorders won’t be allowed into any of its centres during this year’s examination.

Some of the banned items include: spy reading glasses, cameras, ear piece, bluetooth devices, USB, CD, hard disk and other similar storage devices.

READ ALSO  THESE ARE 5 WAYS TO CONVINCE YOUR PARTNER TO FINALLY TRUST YOUR

Others are: pen/biro, smart lenses, books or any reading/writing material, ink/pen readers, key holders, ATM cards, erasers and smart rings/jewelries.

“To ensure that the board’s examinations meet best global practice, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has prohibited the use of the following items during examinations.

“Candidates are hereby advised in their best interest not to bring these items close to the examination venue. Any breach of this directive would bar the candidates from taking the examination,” the statement read.

READ ALSO  Name those diverting COVID-19 funds or be quiet – Presidency slams Ndume

JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin disclosed that some candidates who breached the directive and brought some of the devices to the hall last year were caught and handed over to security agencies.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
68 Comments

68 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

ASUU: Why we haven’t called off strike

Published

on

By

The Academic Staff Union of Universities has said it has yet to call off its ongoing strike because it is waiting for the government to conduct an integrity test on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution.

The UTAS is the payment platform created by ASUU in place of government’s Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System.

ASSU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi said the government needed to give the clearance to National Information Technology Development Agency to conduct integrity test on UTAS, according to The Punch.

“The integrity test will be handled by NITDA, it is government that will facilitate it because NITDA is a government, agency and unless you get clearance from the government that test cannot be conducted.”

While speaking on whether the government had accepted UTAS, Ogunyemi said, “We are still talking, we have given them the position of our members, we are thinking we should be able to hold a meeting this week if they have not changed plans. The meeting for Monday was postponed. In principal, they have accepted UTAS and told us to go for the test, and on our part, we have started the process. We had presented UTAS at three levels, starting with the Ministry of Education, Senate President and members of his team, officials of Ministry of Finance and Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, where all other stakeholders were present, including NITDA, all stakeholders have witnessed the presentation and the next stage of integrity test is what we are moving in to. If government facilitates it, it is not something that should drag for too long at all. We don’t foresee any problem with UTAS; it also depends on how early the government makes it possible for the integrity test to be conducted.”

READ ALSO  WICKED WORLD! YOUNG WASSCE CANDIDATE MYSTERIOUSLY BEATEN TO DEATH BY SCHOOL GARDENER

Ogunyemi also explained that ASUU was ready to resume academic activities if the government was ready to play its part.

“Our members are ready to resume work as early as government is ready to play its part. I’m sure you are not suggesting that our members should resume an empty stomach or the strike should be suspended without any concrete action on the side of the government. We don’t like to stay away from our work because we like our students, they are also our children.

READ ALSO  2020 UTME: JAMB remits N7bn to FG

As far as we are concerned, we don’t have issue with going back to work, but we want more sincerity on the side of the government.

“We have not seen enough reasons to believe that they don’t mean what they are telling us but as soon as we see any sign to that effect. we will tell Nigerians.”

READ ALSO  Being successful is easier than you think!

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

#EndSARS Fallout: JAMB scared of masses’ reaction over N7.3bn contract fraud report

Published

on

By

ABUJA—THE Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, , has appealed to the media not to report the alleged N7.3 billion contract scam involving it at this time, saying such action could pitch the masses against it considering the current situation in the country.
It flayed some media reports on the issue, which arose from the report of the Auditor-General of the Federation, currently being considered by the Senate Public Account Committee.
Some media reports had claimed that the Senate indicted JAMB in the said contract, which was allegedly awarded between 2012 and 2013 allegedly without recourse to due process.
Reacting Monday in a statement by through its Head, Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, tagged: “Re: Ex-JAMB Registrar Awarded N7.3bn Contract without Due Process”, the board said it was worried at the timing of the report, given the current mood of the country.
ALSO READ: SERAP asks NBC to withdraw ‘illegal fines on Channels TV, AIT, Arise TV or face legal action’
Recalling that the issue transpired over a decade ago, JAMB said that it was “surprised that the media is resuscitating a matter that happened years back at a time that everybody is conscious of further inciting the restive masses.”
The statement read in part: “The attention of the Board has been drawn to a sensational report in some sections of the media on an issue that transpired over a decade ago as if it had just happened.
“We are surprised that the media is resuscitating a matter that happened years back at a time that everybody is conscious of further inciting the restive masses.
“At the moment, such sensational news, if it should feature at this point in time at all, should, of necessity, be appropriately spiced with ample explanations and headers, to the effect that such issues had happened in the past and adequate measures had also been taken since then to prevent a recurrence.
“The mood of the nation should guide us all in whatever we do, as doing contrary would only compound the already fragile security situation in the polity.
“The media, as a critical stakeholder in the nation’s quest for peace and harmony, should always be alive to its responsibilities so as not to be seen as unnecessarily aggravating a tense political atmosphere.”

READ ALSO  Name those diverting COVID-19 funds or be quiet – Presidency slams Ndume

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: