Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has replaced David Umar with Mohammed Musa as the Senatorial Candidate of the All Progressives (APC) in Niger East on its final list of candidates for the elections.

The development follows the decision of a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on February 7, , which sacked Umar and declared Mohammed Musa as the bonafide candidate of the party.

 

 

INEC, however, did not immediately replace Senator Umar’s name until the eve of the postponed elections (February 15).

The document containing the development which was seen by Channels Television on Monday showed that Senator Umar’s name had been struck out by INEC and replaced with the name of Mohammed Musa using a pen.

READ ALSO  APC Crisis: Governors reveal details of meeting with Buhari

 

 

The letter by INEC to the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Niger State, (INEC/LEG/DR/COR/32/1/391/T/11) dated 15th February, 2019 and signed by the Secretary to the Commission, Mrs Rose Oririawon-Anthony directed the REC to update the record of the list of final candidates earlier forwarded.

 

 

Speaking to Channels Television on the development, the REC, Professor Samuel Egwu, said INEC is bound to respect the decision of the court on the matter and that at the state level, they can only comply with whatever directive is given from the national of the commission.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Robbers trapped in First Bank Abuja as soldiers, police arrive [PHOTOS]

Meanwhile, Senator David Umar had filed an appeal challenging the decision of the Federal High Court.

He has also continued to affirm himself as the bonafide candidate of the APC for the into Niger East Senatorial District despite the court ruling.

 

 

According to the Resident Electoral Commission in the state, should the appellant court rule in favour of Senator Umar, INEC would also replace Mohammed.

Musa’s name with the former, saying it would continue that way until the matter is laid to rest.

READ ALSO  BBNaija: Venita predicts top four final housemates

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

News

Bauchi youths disappointed after finding warehouse empty

Published

on

By

By Charly Agwam – Bauchi
Following the widespread looting at Covid-19 warehouses across the nation, Bauchi state youths who attempted to raid a store where COVID-19 palliatives were kept on Sunday were disappointed after finding it empty.
The State governor, Bala Mohammed who made this known on his twitter handle on Sunday, said he ordered his Chief of Staff to open the warehouse when he learnt that youths had laid siege on the store to loot palliatives.
He said, “Today, hoodlums attempted a raid on the #COVID-19 palliative warehouse in Bauchi State. My Chief of Staff was informed and he ordered the warehouse to be opened.
READ ALSO: VIDEO: Hoodlums attempt to loot ATM for quick cash
“They saw it was empty, and they turned back. And that’s because we shared everything to beneficiaries as and when due. For accountability, when we started distribution months ago, I ensured to set up a high powered committee that included myself, my deputy, the State @OfficialPDPNig Chairman and Chairmen of all political parties in the state, including traditional rulers, and others.”
“The core of my mandate remains the crucial drive to give Bauchi State citizens a better prospect and more excellent opportunity for a prosperous life. We are doing this, and we will continue to do more. #GreaterBauchi.”
Kindly Share This Story:

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Robbers trapped in First Bank Abuja as soldiers, police arrive [PHOTOS]

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Curfew now 8pm to 6am —Sanwo-Olu

Published

on

By

Lagos State Governor , Babajide Sanwo -Olu , has again reviewed the curfew imposed on the state to curb the civil unrest in the aftermath of the # EndSARS protests against police brutality .
Sanwo – Olu had eased the 24 -hour curfew on Friday to start from 6pm to 8 am.
But in a notice on Sunday evening by his Commissioner for Information and Strategy , Gbenga Omotoso , the governor said the curfew time is now between the hours of 8 pm and 6am , meaning that residents can go out by 6 am and return home before 8 pm .
The commissioner stated , “ The curfew in Lagos State has been reviewed . Restriction time is now 8 pm to 6 am .
“ Lagosians are enjoined to plan their journey times as they go about their lawful businesses . Public schools remain shut till further notice .”

READ ALSO  Amotekun: Akeredolu reveals ‘major’ agreements Southwest governors reached with Osinbajo

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: