BREAKING: JAMB postpones 2019 UTME — Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board ( ) has shifted the dates for the conduct of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations.

According to reports by The Nation, the management of the board is currently in a meeting to decide a new date for the examinations.

The exam was earlier schecduled for March 16th to March 23rd, 2019.  The move might not be unconnnected with the postponement of the 2019 general elections by the Independent National Elelctoral Commission, INEC.

JAMB confirms closing date for 2019 UTME registration, registers over 1.8 million candidates (PHOTO CREDIT: YABALEFT)

INEC had earlier shifted the presidential and national assembly elections from Saturday, February 16, to Saturday, February 23, while the governorship and of assembly elections were moved from March 2 to March 9.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), saud not less than 1.8 million candidates would be registered for its 2019 UTME by the end of the registration exercise scheduled for Feb. 21.

The Board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an with the News Agency of (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.

Benjamin expressed satisfaction with the ongoing registration exercise nationwide, adding that so far, it had been smooth with little or no hitches.

The registration of candidates for this year’s all Computer Based Test (CBT) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), commenced on Feb. 10.

Meanwhile, an official bulletin of the board tagged ‘jambulletin’ issued on Sunday, said over 1.6 million candidates had registered for the examination between Feb. 10 and Feb. 15 nationwide, with Lagos recording the highest, with 234,259 candidates. According to the bulletin, preparations for the successful conduct of the examination scheduled to commence few weeks from now is in top gear.

Also contained in the bulletin is the restatement of the unlikely extension of the registration deadline by the board.

“Candidates would commence the reprinting of their examination notification slips two weeks to the examination date. On the examination slip are candidates’ schedule for the examination, date, time and centre, as well as other necessary information about the examination.

“Two weeks to the commencement of the examination, candidates will have their slips placed on their profiles. However, in the event where candidates could not access their slip, such candidates can visit the board’s service portal,on www.jamb.org.ng to print the slip,” the bulletin stated.

It also said that messages would as well be sent to candidates, informing them on when to reprint their e-slip. According to the bulletin, the processes are all automated to keep candidates abreast of developments, just as messages will be sent to all candidates informing them on when to print their e-slip. The bulletin warned candidates against coming into the examination halls with prohibited items such as wrist watches, telephones and others.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. amada agu

    March 19, 2019 at 5:15 am

    I AM AMADA BY NAME,
    I WANT TO TELL THE WORLD HOW MR MATTHEW 07011067879 or +234705059411 HELPED ME RELEASED MY WITHHELD RESULT AND UPGRADED SOME OF THE SUBJECT I DID NOT PERFORM WELL..THIS WAS ACTUALLY MY SECOND TIME OF WRITTEN THIS SAME JAMB..UNTIL I HAD AN ENCOUNTER WITH MR MATTHEW, I BELIEVED HIM AND I GOT HIM ALL THE REQUIREMENT AND WITHIN 3HOURS MY RESULT WAS RELEASED AND UPGRADED FROM 185 TO 260..IF YOU ARE FACING DIFFICULTY ON YOUR RESULT OR YOU WANT YOUR RESULT RELEASED AND UPGRADED HE CAN ALSO RELEASE AND UPGRADE YOUR WAEC/ G.C.E/ NECO CONTACT MR MATTHEW ON HIS NUMBER 07011067879 or 07050594119,.,,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

JAMB speaks on ‘biometric verification’ for UTME candidates

Published

on

By

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board () says there is no exemption on biometric verification for all candidates of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

The board made this known in its Vol. 1, No 11 weekly Bulletin of the Office of the Registrar and made available to the News Agency of (NAN) on Sunday in Abuja.

According to the board, biometric verification will be the only mode of admittance of candidates into its examination centres nationwide, saying that examination officials must adhere strictly to the rules.

“Exemption mode is not allowed for any candidate, therefore, no biometric verification, no examination and no candidate should be kept waiting if he or she cannot be verified but should be directed to contact JAMB.

“There is no other attendance register apart from the biometric verification, it will also serve as the attendance register during the examination as photo albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either present or absent.

“All examination officials, including security agents are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination as strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required,” the board said.

It also listed prohibited items into the examination halls to include: watches, pen or Biro, mobile or similar electronic device, books, calculators, smart eye lenses, ear pieces, recorders and jewelry.

Others are: key holders, ATM cards, erasers, Bluetooth devices, microphones among others, while adding also that spy reading glasses must be scrutinised.

DAILY POST recalls that the board had recently scheduled to commence the exercise, starting with its mock examination on April 1 and the main examination on April 11, across its Computer Based Test (CBT) centres, nationwide.

 

Source: Daily Post

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

WAEC de-recognises 13 schools in Nigeria, warns 56 others

Published

on

By

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has de-recognised 13 secondary schools and warned 56 others in Kogi for their involvement in examination malpractice during the 2018 West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE).

Mr Ademu Amos, WAEC Desk Officer, Kogi Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, disclosed this at a meeting with the principals, vice principals and examination officers of the affected schools on Thursday in Lokoja.

Amos said that 13 secondary schools were de-recognised while 56 others were seriously warned by the council due to examination malpractice.

He noted that the state government was not happy about the development, describing it as a serious issue that could dampen the hope of a nation, NAN reports.

According to Amos, the Examination Malpractices Act No. 33 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), offenders are liable to four years imprisonment and a fine of N100, 000 per student and N250, 000 per school.

Amos explained that the major offences committed ranged from the use of mobile and sameness of work by copying one another in the examination.

Dr Natty Bobai, WAEC Branch Controller in the state, said it had zero tolerance for examination malpractice and would do everything to curtail the menace.

He, however, commended the commissioner for tackling issues bordering on examination headlong and commended her resolve to stand with the council for what it stood for.

Amos also urged the stakeholders to join hands with the council in stamping out the menace of examination malpractice in the nation’s education sector.

Mrs Rosemary Osikoya, the state Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, reiterated the commitment of the state government to reduce examination malpractice to its barest minimum in the state.

Osikoya stressed the need for stiffer penalties as prescribed by law and other stringent measures to curb the menace in the state.

She noted that 47 secondary schools were de-recognised and 108 warned in 2017, while 13 schools were de-recognised and 56 warned in 2018.

According to her, the state government had been able to reduce the trend to 27. 6 per cent for de-recognition, 50.9 per cent warned, while 1.38 per cent were indicted.

She restated the commitment of the state government in restoring standard and quality education in schools across the state.

She, however, urged all the school operators, both private and public, to visit the ministry’s website and update their school profiles and records not later than March 31.

”All the de-recognised schools will not be used as examinations centres in , and their names will be sent to the police for prosecution according to the existing law.

”We have strengthened the policy structure in education in the state and emphasised the importance of record keeping in schools,” Osikoya said.

Dr Ajole Goswins, the State President of All Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS), who spoke on behalf of the principals, expressed disappointment over the re-appearance of some schools on examination malpractice list.

”The state government is doing its best and we must complement its efforts. We cannot allow this to continue, we must improve on ourselves,’’ he said.

He, therefore, appealed to the state government to checkmate the proliferation of substandard private schools in the state.

The de-recognised schools include: Jama’atu Nasril Islam Sec. Sch, Ankpa, Christ the King College, Govt. Girls Sec. Sch, Okaba, Ikah Comm. Sec. Sch, Ikah, Iyale Comm. Sec. Sch, Iyale, and Aitam Science Academy, Anyigba.

Others are: Al-Ansar Sec. Sch, Lokoja, Bright Future Int. Sec. Sch, Obangede, Okehi, Comm. Sec. Sch, Uboro, Okehi, Paramako Sec. Sch, Ogbogbo, Omabo Comm. Sec. Sch, Omabo.

Also, First Grade Success Academy, Okenya, and National Sec. Sch, Agala-Ate road, Anyigba.

 

Source: Daily post

Loading...
Continue Reading

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: