TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I’LL CONDUCT 2019 ELECTIONS, I REMAIN UNSHAKEN, INEC BOSS TELLS HIS CRITICS | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says nothing can stop him from conducting elections despite calls from some quarters that he should resign, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu says he’s unshaken.

Speaking at a press briefing in Abuja on Thursday, the INEC chairman said he has been doing his best in his service to the nation.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I’LL CONDUCT 2019 ELECTIONS, I REMAIN UNSHAKEN, INEC BOSS TELLS HIS CRITICS INEC CHAIR 1

“There is no reason whatsoever to resign. No reason to even contemplate that,” said Yakubu while responding to one of the questions at the briefing.

He also said dismissed the call for reshuffle of residents electoral commissioners (RECs), saying such could not happen on the eve of the elections.

At the caucus meeting of the All Progressives (APC) in Abuja on Monday, Adams Oshiomhole, chairman of the ruling party, asked the commission to reshuffle some RECs.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I’LL CONDUCT 2019 ELECTIONS, I REMAIN UNSHAKEN, INEC BOSS TELLS HIS CRITICS PVCs Customs INEC1

He also alleged that Mike Igini, the REC of Akwa Ibom, was working for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Oshiomhole also joined those who asked the INEC chairman to step down but the opposition to this came from his party as two ministers said that should not happen.

Babtunde Fashola, minister of power, works and housing, and Adebayo Shittu, minister of communications, said there was no reason for Yakubu to resign.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I’LL CONDUCT 2019 ELECTIONS, I REMAIN UNSHAKEN, INEC BOSS TELLS HIS CRITICS inec boss

Recalled that two days ago, the INEC boss also said “only an Act of God” can stop the conduct of the rescheduled Presidential and National Assembly slated for Saturday.

The briefing which was organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in conjunction with INEC, is aimed at engaging with friends and partners of on the rescheduled election.

Yakubu, who was represented by an INEC National Commissioner, Dr Mustapha Lecky, said that the commission had put in place everything possible to ensure the elections held on Saturday.

The INEC boss said that the commission had no reason to feel that anything would stop the conduct of the election on February 23.

He said the commission had developed a six-point agenda of what needed to be done to ensure the success of the election

He also said that the commission has completed the deployment of materials.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I’LL CONDUCT 2019 ELECTIONS, I REMAIN UNSHAKEN, INEC BOSS TELLS HIS CRITICS images 5

“We believe that as a prayerful nation the act of God has been assuaged and that things will go right, we have no reason to feel that anything will go wrong.

“We have received all the materials, they have been checked, audited, people have been informed, party agents have gone there to check,” he said.

The official said that INEC had already taken responsibility for the postponement and that the body was committed to surpass achievement of previous elections in the country.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I’LL CONDUCT 2019 ELECTIONS, I REMAIN UNSHAKEN, INEC BOSS TELLS HIS CRITICS Voters casting their votes election inec

He blamed the postponement on logistics and problems associated with the primaries of some political parties, which according to him delayed the printing of ballot papers.

Do you think it’s the right time for some people to call for the resignation of the INEC boss?

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. gamefly free trial

    May 4, 2019 at 6:13 am

    Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my web site so i got
    here to return the favor?.I am trying to find issues to improve
    my web site!I suppose its good enough to use some of your ideas!!

  2. minecraft download

    May 10, 2019 at 6:32 am

    Very rapidly this site will be famous amid all blog
    people, due to it’s nice posts

  3. g

    May 11, 2019 at 3:56 pm

    Great site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to some friends ans
    additionally sharing in delicious. And of course,
    thank you to your effort!

  4. g

    May 11, 2019 at 5:16 pm

    Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having
    trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

  5. gamefly free trial

    June 4, 2019 at 11:20 pm

    Hi! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog
    and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the great work!

  6. gamefly free trial

    June 5, 2019 at 5:39 pm

    Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found
    that it’s really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels.
    I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Alleged N702m fraud: EFCC closes case against Okupe

Published

on

By

Alleged N702m fraud: EFCC closes case against Okupe Alleged N702m fraud: EFCC closes case against Okupe Doyin Okupe 0305 1024x620

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Wednesday, closed its case in a 59-count charge, bordering on money laundering, criminal diversion of funds to the tune of N702,000,000 against former Senior Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Media, Doyin Okupe.

Okupe was facing prosecution by EFCC before Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court, sitting in Abuja.

EFCC spokesman, Tony Orilade disclosed this in a statement in Abuja.

He added, “At today’s proceedings, prosecution counsel, Ibrahim Audu presented his last and sixth witness, Shuaibu Salisu, former Director Administration and Finance in the Office of National Security Adviser ONSA, who presently works with the National Intelligence Agency, NIA.

“Salisu told the court that “Sometime in 2012, Chief Okupe came to the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA, and after their discussion, I was directed to make a payment of N50 million (Fifty Million Naira) to him.”

According to him, “Okupe provided his account details, where I paid the amount into the bank account of Value Trust Investment.”

He added that he was further directed by the ONSA to be paying N10 million monthly (Ten Million Naira) to Okupe for a period of over two years, which he said was reduced to a monthly N5million (Five Million Naira) towards the end of 2014 due to paucity of funds.

He said he made other payments to Okupe as directed, saying that at a point he was instructed to pay the defendant N6, 000, 000.

Further, Salisu revealed that sometime in 2014, the then National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki directed that he paid the sum of N35million to an account provided by Okupe and that he can also recall paying N50million in cash to Okupe on Dasuki’s directive.

He told the court that he only obeyed directives in all the payments he made to Okupe and didn’t know what the monies were meant for.

When asked if there were evidences of the payments, the witness reportedly told the court that he usually provided Okupe with the payment vouchers, which he usually signed.

When also asked if all the payments were captured in payment vouchers, Salisu was said to have replied in the negative.

Speaking under cross-examination by Okupe’s counsel, Akinlabi Akinbade, the witness disclosed that Okupe was not the only person that received payments from ONSA. “Anybody that the NSA directs that payment be made to, we make payment,” he said.

Also, Under same cross-examination, the witness said he had no reason to believe that the payments he made were from an illegal source.

In his words, “Why would I assume it was illegal? I was only directed to make payments,”

Further , he said some of the payment instructions he carried out while working in the ONSA came verbally while others came by writing.

He added that in the case of the payments to Okupe, all the instructions were verbal.

However, the matter was adjourned to June 26, for the defence to open its case.

 

Source: Daily post

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Buhari speaks on naming his cabinet

Published

on

By

buhari speaks on naming his cabinet Buhari speaks on naming his cabinet Buhari1 1024x683

Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, has said President Muhammadu Buhari will announce his cabinet very soon.

Buhari is yet to name new Ministers, 26 days after he was sworn in for his second term in office.

The president has since made just three appointments: Mele Kyari as the group managing director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and renewal of Ahmed Idris’s appointment as the Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF) and renewing the appointment of Godwin Emefiele, governor of the Central Bank of (CBN).

In his first term, it took Buhari six months to announce his cabinet.

But speaking in a chat with The Interview, Adesina said “the circumstances are not the same”, adding that it would not take as long as it did in 2015.

“Nigerians will not have to wait a day longer than necessary, before they have a cabinet,” Adesina said.

“And as the president himself has said, the process won’t take as long as it did in 2015, because the circumstances are not the same.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: