Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The All Progressives (APC) Ward Chairman of Yandoton Daji in Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara State, Alhaji Yusuf Yahaya, has been killed by unidentified gunmen.

The police said the deceased was killed at about 1:00 am on Saturday while on his way home from Tsafe.

Police spokesman, SP Mohammed Shehu, told the News Agency of (NAN) that the state Commissioner of Police, Celestine Okoye, had visited the area.

He said that the incident had not affected the conduct of ongoing and national assembly elections in the area.

Chairman of Tsafe Local Council, Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar, had earlier told newsmen in Gusau on Saturday that Abubakar and one other person were killed by the gunmen while four others sustained injuries.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Nigeria decides: Ballot boxes set ablaze in Lagos, INEC officials, voters run away

“He was killed along with another supporter of the party and other four persons were injured.

“The deceased left Tsafe for his village on Friday night after collecting his tag as the APC agent in the area in preparation for today’s (Saturday) ,’’ he said.

The chairman said another set of unidentified gunmen also attacked Wanzamai village in the same area and kidnapped many villagers, including wife of Alhaji Sanusi Wanzamai, a Commissioner with state electoral commission.

READ ALSO  Boko Haram: Army reveals those working against Nigeria

Abubakar commiserated with the families of the deceased and prayed Allah to grant them Aljanatul Firdausi.

His words, ‘’Those who sustained injuries in the attack have already been admitted in the hospital for treatment.

‘’We are appealing to the security agents for more intervention in the area and the state at large; we are also appealing to people of the area to remain calm, as they come out to for candidates of their choice.”

 

Source : Daily post

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
45 Comments

45 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Bauchi youths disappointed after finding warehouse empty

Published

on

By

By Charly Agwam – Bauchi
Following the widespread looting at Covid-19 warehouses across the nation, Bauchi state youths who attempted to raid a store where COVID-19 palliatives were kept on Sunday were disappointed after finding it empty.
The State governor, Bala Mohammed who made this known on his twitter handle on Sunday, said he ordered his Chief of Staff to open the warehouse when he learnt that youths had laid siege on the store to loot palliatives.
He said, “Today, hoodlums attempted a raid on the #COVID-19 palliative warehouse in Bauchi State. My Chief of Staff was informed and he ordered the warehouse to be opened.
READ ALSO: VIDEO: Hoodlums attempt to loot ATM for quick cash
“They saw it was empty, and they turned back. And that’s because we shared everything to beneficiaries as and when due. For accountability, when we started distribution months ago, I ensured to set up a high powered committee that included myself, my deputy, the State @OfficialPDPNig Chairman and Chairmen of all political parties in the state, including traditional rulers, and others.”
“The core of my mandate remains the crucial drive to give Bauchi State citizens a better prospect and more excellent opportunity for a prosperous life. We are doing this, and we will continue to do more. #GreaterBauchi.”
Kindly Share This Story:

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Chloroquine not approved – NCDC

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Curfew now 8pm to 6am —Sanwo-Olu

Published

on

By

Lagos State Governor , Babajide Sanwo -Olu , has again reviewed the curfew imposed on the state to curb the civil unrest in the aftermath of the # EndSARS protests against police brutality .
Sanwo – Olu had eased the 24 -hour curfew on Friday to start from 6pm to 8 am.
But in a notice on Sunday evening by his Commissioner for Information and Strategy , Gbenga Omotoso , the governor said the curfew time is now between the hours of 8 pm and 6am , meaning that residents can go out by 6 am and return home before 8 pm .
The commissioner stated , “ The curfew in Lagos State has been reviewed . Restriction time is now 8 pm to 6 am .
“ Lagosians are enjoined to plan their journey times as they go about their lawful businesses . Public schools remain shut till further notice .”

READ ALSO  BREAKING: First COVID-19 death recorded in Nigeria

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: