CHELSEA ENTER WEEKEND IN BAD MOOD AFTER GETTING THIS BITTER UPDATE — Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us

Published

on

Premier League side has seen their appeal for a two-window transfer ban to be voided shut down by world governing body FIFA who say the sanction will not be delayed while their appeal is heard. FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee sanctioned Chelsea in relation to 29 cases where the Premier League club were found to have breached regulations relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.

Soccer Football - Premier League - AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea - Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth, Britain - January 30, 2019 Chelsea's Olivier Giroud and team mates look dejected after Bournemouth's fourth goal scored by Charlie Daniels Action Images via Reuters/John Sibley

The Blues immediately said they “categorically refute” FIFA’s claims and signalled they would appeal against the decision. Confirmation an appeal had been filed was made this week and FIFA signalled the ban preventing Chelsea from registering players for two windows will still stand while the appeal is heard. “We can confirm that the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee has rejected the application for provisional measures filed by Chelsea in relation to the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee,” a spokesperson told Omnisport in a statement on Friday.

Image result for marina granovskaia 2019

Barcelona were given a similar transfer ban in 2014 but the LaLiga club made an appeal that pushed the punishment into the following year. They signed Luis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic, Jeremy Mathieu, Claudio Bravo and Marc-Andre ter Stegen before the ban came into effect. But unless FIFA comes to a verdict on Chelsea’s appeal before the start of the -20 season, the club will be unable to register any new signings in the next window.

Image result for luis suarez ivan rakitic sad 2019

Chelsea could also take their case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The Blues had initially responded to the accusations levelled against them by saying: “Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee and will therefore be appealing the decision. “The club wishes to emphasise that it respects the important undertaken by FIFA in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with FIFA throughout its investigation.

Why FIFA slammed Chelsea with a heavy fine and ban from signing new players

“Initially, Chelsea FC was charged under Articles 19.1 and 19.3 in relation to 92 players. We welcome the fact that FIFA has accepted that there was no breach in relation to 63 of these players, but the club is extremely disappointed that FIFA has not accepted the club’s submissions in relation to the remaining 29 players. Chelsea FC acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will shortly be submitting its appeal to FIFA.”

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sport

EPL: Chelsea finally tell Real Madrid how much to pay for Hazard

Published

on

By

Real Madrid will have to pay a huge amount to sign forward, Eden Hazard, away from Premier League giants, this summer.

 

The Spanish giants are eyeing Hazard as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, who after nine years, left the Santiago Bernabeu for Juventus in an £88million deal last summer.

According to Belgian outlet, HLN, Chelsea wants at least £98.5million for Hazard after rejecting Real Madrid’s opening offer for the 28-year-old.

Hazard is a huge admirer of Zidane as a coach and named the French legend as his idol growing up.

The Belgium international has so far refused to sign a new long-term deal with Chelsea as he enters the final 12 months of his current contract at Stamford Bridge.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sport

FA Cup semi-final fixtures revealed [See full draw]

Published

on

By

Manchester City will play Brighton and Hove Albion in the semi-final of the FA Cup.

City came from two goals down to defeat Swansea City in the quarter-final on Saturday, while Brighton needed extra time to see off Millwall today.

Watford face Wolverhampton Wanderers, who eliminated Manchester United yesterday.

The games will take place over the weekend of April 6.

Both fixtures will be played at Wembley Stadium.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: