TRIBUNAL MAKES U-TURN, FIXES NEW DATE ON ADELEKE’S CASE | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine

The Osun State Governorship Petition Tribunal Thursday fixed judgment on a date to be communicated to parties in the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its governorship candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, challenging the emergence of Isiaka Oyetola of the All Progressives (APC) in the September 2018 Osun State governorship election.

TRIBUNAL MAKES U-TURN, FIXES NEW DATE ON ADELEKE’S CASE 743ddf5b ademola adeleke 696x522

The Chairman of the tribunal, Justice Ibrahim Sirajo made the announcement after counsel to parties adopted their written addresses and made their final submissions in the .

The Independent National Electoral Commission () had declared Oyetola as winner of the September, 2018 Osun State governorship election, having scored the highest number of votes cast in the election.

However, both the PDP and its candidate, Adeleke, not satisfied with the outcome of the election had approached the Osun State Election Petition Tribunal, sitting in Abuja to declare them as winner of the governorship election in Osun State.

Yesterday’s proceedings which had in attendance, Governor Oyetola, saw both counsel in the suit urging the tribunal to aligned itself with their position and grant their reliefs sought.

Oyetola, who was dressed in a white agbada was accompanied by some officials of the state, declined to speak with the media, who sought his views at the end of the tribunal’s proceedings.

On the side of the respondents are Wole Olanipekun (SAN), counsel to Oyetola; Akin Olujinmi (SAN), APC, while Lasco Pwahomdi appeared for INEC, and Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), represented the petitioners.

In adopting their separate final addresses, Olanipekun, Olujinmi and Pwahomdi urged the tribunal to dismiss the petition on the grounds that the petitioners have failed to prove their case.

Ikpeazu on his part, urged the tribunal to uphold the petition and grant all the reliefs prayed by the petitioners.

Olanipekun in his argument posited that the petitioners’ final written address draws the tribunal’s attention to the futility of the petition, adding that the petitioners presented a different case from what is contained in their pleadings and reliefs sought.

According to him, the petitioners wanted the tribunal to nullify the Certificate of Return issued to Oyetola, which they said was with the second respondent, yet did not give him any notice to produce it.

He told the tribunal that based on the ruling of the election tribunal in its March 6 ruling, the provision of Section 105 of the Electoral Act restricts the power of the tribunal.

The senior advocate stated that electoral jurisprudence was about proof in accordance with the law and precedence.

While urging the tribunal to dismiss the petition, Olanipekun stated that the petitioners asked for something in their petition but stated another thing in their address, adding that the petition was full of confusion.

On his part, the APC counsel, Chief Akin Olujinmi, stated that the testimonies of all the 63 polling agents called by the petitioners had no probative value.

He added that the remaining witnesses called by the petitioners have nothing to do with polling units.

Responding, Ikpeazu submitted that based on the result of the election of September 22, 2018, the first petitioner, Senator Adeleke, had satisfied the provisions of the law and ought to have been declared the winner of the election.

The senior lawyer dismissed respondents claims that the petitioners dumped documents on the tribunal, stressing that the documents were sufficiently used by witnesses called by the petitioners while testifying before the tribunal.

He stated that the petitioners tendered the pink copies of result sheets as well as the certified true copies (CTCs) of the original sheets, which were doctored, altered and mutilated and clearly showed discrepancies to the pink copies.

Ikpeazu told the tribunal that it was for INEC to defend the irregularities reported by the petitioners, adding that while the Returning Officer could not act beyond the provision of the law, the electoral body could not act outside of the provision of Section 179 of the Electoral Act.

After listening to the submissions of parties, Justice Sirajo, adjourned judgment to a date that he said would be communicated to parties.

May 29, 2019 at 12:07 am

It’s amazing designed for me to have a web page, which is useful designed for my
    experience. thanks admin

May 31, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe this web site needs a
    great deal more attention. I’ll probably be
    returning to read more, thanks for the info!

June 1, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though
    you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos
    to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

June 2, 2019 at 12:18 pm

great publish, very informative. I’m wondering
    why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You
    must continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

June 4, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Can I just say what a relief to uncover somebody who genuinely understands what they are talking
    about on the internet. You certainly understand how to bring an issue to light and make it
    important. More people have to check this out and understand this side of your story.
    I was surprised that you are not more popular since you certainly possess the gift.

June 4, 2019 at 7:20 pm

I every time used to study article in news papers but now as I
    am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

June 6, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I go to see day-to-day a few web pages and websites to read articles or reviews, except this
    blog offers feature based posts.

June 6, 2019 at 10:44 pm

I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever
    before.

9. gamefly free trial 2019 coupon

June 10, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
    I will make sure to bookmark it and come back
    to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the
    post. I will definitely comeback.

June 22, 2019 at 5:45 am

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization? I’m
    trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted
    keywords but I’m not seeing very good success. If you know
    of any please share. Kudos!

July 23, 2019 at 12:02 pm

What’s up, just wanted to tell you, I liked this post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

July 25, 2019 at 4:47 am

Your style is unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this web site.

13. natalielise

July 26, 2019 at 2:15 pm

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He used to be entirely right. This post truly made my day.
    You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!
    natalielise pof

14. plenty of fish

July 31, 2019 at 12:59 am

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity
    regarding unpredicted feelings.

15. descargar facebook

August 18, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting
    more from this web site, and your views are good for new viewers.

16. minecraft games

September 5, 2019 at 4:05 am

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
    Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways,
    just wanted to say wonderful blog!

September 7, 2019 at 3:48 am

First off I would like to say excellent blog!

I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.

I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.
    I’ve had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my ideas
    out. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like
    the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying
    to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Many
    thanks!

September 8, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Magnificent website. A lot of helpful info here.
    I am sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thank you in your effort!

Adebanjo reveals real reason behind Buhari’s new attitude towards Osinbajo, says Nigeria should break up Pa Ayo Adebanjo 1024x717

A chieftain of the Yoruba apex socio-cultural organization, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has noted that constitutional crisis in Nigeria and the imbalance in the polity are the main cause of agitation for a break-up by different groups in the country.

The lawyer and elder statesman said that it would be better if the country breaks up since the leaders refuse to restructure it.

According to him, “I have no objection to breaking up. People are talking of breaking up because the term of coming together has been abrogated by the northern Muslims who are dominating us,” he was quoted by Sun.

“This is why the young elements, extremists in the South- East, South – South, South –West and the Middle Belt are yearning for break-up just because of their refusal to yield to our demand of peaceful co-existence.”

On the recently reported crisis in the Presidency and the news of Vice president, Prof Yemi Osinbajo falling out of favour with President Muhammadu Buhari, the elder statesman blamed the constitution for the President’s action.

According to him, “It is just what I have said earlier. They are the people who aided and abetted the implementation of the wrong constitution because they give them the crumbs of the power. It is this constitution that empowers the president to make the vice president a market master. Whatever you are doing, the bottom line is the constitution.

“If it is not this constitution, would the president be doing all that; is it not the constitution that gives him all the powers; a constitution that makes him the most powerful head of state in the whole world.

“I have said it several times and I’m repeating it, we said it should be changed, but you say, no. This is not the constitution the founding fathers of the nation gave us.

“I say it again, the constitution that Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello gave us is what we want to return to, and I have challenged him whether he is more intelligent than Sardauna, but he has not answered.

“Is he telling us that the constitution that Sardauna gave us is a wrong constitution, Sardauna was not as intelligent as he is now; or he is a more northerner than former premier or a more Muslim than the late premier?

“It was the constitution that they all agreed to live in peace and that was after a crisis in the country, leading the colonial to draw all the leaders to London.”

The of the Central Bank Of Nigeria, CBN, Godwin Emefiele has assured Nigerians that the new cashless policy by the country’s apex bank was “not intended to punish hard working Nigerian businesses”

Image result for Godwin Emefiele cash-less policy not intended to punish hardworking nigerian businesses – cbn gov CASH-LESS POLICY NOT INTENDED TO PUNISH HARDWORKING NIGERIAN BUSINESSES – CBN GOV Godwin Emefiele NTB

Mr. Emefiele gave the assurance while be briefing newsmen today, September 20, 2019, on the decisions of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).

According to the CBN boss, the Financial body introduced the new policy to further deepen financial inclusion in country.

Image result for CBN cash-less policy not intended to punish hardworking nigerian businesses – cbn gov CASH-LESS POLICY NOT INTENDED TO PUNISH HARDWORKING NIGERIAN BUSINESSES – CBN GOV central bank of nigeria

Recall that the CBN had recently introduced charges to cash transactions in excess of N500,000 and N3,000,000 for individual and coperate account.

The new policy would see individuals pay 2% charge on deposits exceeding N500,000 and 3% on withdrawals; for coperate accounts, 3% charge on deposits in excess of N3,000,000 while withdrawal will attract a 5% charge.

Click here to read all about the new policy.

Owing to the controversy and backlash the new policy has attracted, the CBN Governor held a press conference Friday to further educate the general public how it works.

He also assured Nigerians that there is no threat to the country’s Reserves over the Process and Industrial Development Limited (P&ID) court judgement.

What’s you opinion on the new policy? Leave your comments below.