Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The representing Akinyele/ Lagelu federal constituency in Oyo State in the of Representatives, Hon. Temitope Olatoye, is dead.

Olatoye, who was shot by some suspected political thugs on Saturday, was pronounced dead at the University College Hospital (UCH).

DAILY POST gathered that Olatoye, who lost the National Assembly to return to the two weeks ago, had voted at his Alape village in Ward 13 Lagelu local government area before he was shot.

He was rushed to the hospital immediately he was shot.

The news of the lawmaker’s death was confirmed by the Public Relations Officer of the hospital, Mr. Toye Akinrinlola, Saturday evening.

Olatoye, who left behind aged mother and father, had last year dumped the ruling APC and joined the Action Democratic Party (ADP) where he flied the party’s ticket in the election held on Saturday 23rd February. He later lost to Senator Teslim Folarin of the APC.

READ ALSO  JUST IN: Ajimobi’s Burial To Hold On Sunday, To Be Buried In His Mosque

He died at about 7.45 pm after doctors failed to resuscitate him.

Akinrinlola said that the lawmaker did not survive the gunshot.

He said, “There is nothing to hide about it, he is dead.

“He was brought in unconscious, because he was shot in the eye, but he is dead.”
Our correspondent also gathered that a boy said to be supporter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was also shot by a police officer and eventually died.

The PDP supporter, simply identified as Mudasiru, was shot dead by the police officer in Ile Titun area of Ibadan South East local government area.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: FG seeks National Assembly’s approval of N500bn Intervention Fund

Mudasiru, in his late 20s, was said to be jubilating over the victory of his party, when the trigger-happy officer fired shot which hit the poor boy from the back and ruptured his intestine.

Eyewitness at the scene said he was quickly rushed to Chief Kehinde Ege’s house in Ita Ege, for extraction of the bullets, stating that Ege was almost getting the bullet out but that the boy gave up the ghost having lost too much blood

But, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), in the state, Mr. Lawrence Fadeyi, who confirmed both incidents, begged for more time, within which the police, would make its comprehensive findings available.

READ ALSO  Ganduje vs Sanusi: Buhari told to act on Kano saga

He said, “Yes, both incidents are true but kindly give us more time, to come up with a detailed analysis of what really happened.”

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
70 Comments

70 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

End SARS: Looters of NYSC camp will be apprehended, prosecuted – IGP, Adamu

Published

on

By

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has said that hoodlums who made away with items meant for corps members would be arrested and made to face the law.

Adamu said this on Friday after inspecting the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camp in Kubwa, Abuja, NAN reports.

“It is very unfortunate that the camp was looted as we went round to see the destruction made by the hoodlums.

”The camp meant for the training of youths to enable them contribute to the development of the country has turned out to be the focus of looters.

“However, it is a good thing that corps members were not in camp during the unfortunate incident because it would have been a disaster,” he said.

READ ALSO  We did not approve ‘fresh N850bn loan’ for Buhari – Senate

He also revealed that some of the items have been recovered, while some of the hoodlums have been arrested.

“A total number of 53 suspects have been arrested so far and would be charged to court.

“I urge Nigerians to report anyone suspected to be in possession of the looted items to the nearest law enforcement agency.

“For those hoodlums who broke into this facility and stole, we will ensure that we track them and prosecute them,” Adamu added.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Neo evicted from #BBNaija

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Osun Govt Begins Payment Of New Minimum Wage From November 1, Lifts Embargo On Promotions, Conversion

Published

on

By

The Osun State government on Friday announced that with effect from November 1, it will begin the payment of new minimum wage to its civil servants throughout the state.

The government also announced the lifting of the ban on annual salary increment and also embargo on promotions and conversions with immediate effect in order to encourage workers in the state.

The state government said these decisions followed the perusal of the recommendations of the government/labour committee that was set up to work out the modalities for resolving all workers’ welfare-related issues.

 

READ ALSO  Ondo election: Why we won’t congratulate APC, Akeredolu – PDP

The state governor, Mr Gboyega Oyetola, who announced the state government’s decision in his Twitter handle, further said he hoped the decision will make the workers to continue to put in their best in the state,

According to his tweet: “I’m delighted to announce that the implementation of the new minimum wage for Osun State workers will commence on November 1, 2020.

“This follows the perusal of the recommendations of Government/Labour Committee that we set up to work out the modalities for resolving all workers’ welfare-related issues.

“Additionally, we’ve lifted the ban on annual salary increment which was done in 2012. Embargo on promotions and conversions is also lifted with immediate effect. This is in fulfilment our administration’s pledge to give the welfare of our workers the deserved attention.

READ ALSO  EXCLUSIVE: ‘Ghost workers’ in 19 Borno LGAs received N1.8 billion annually – Report

“I appreciate Labour Leaders and the entire workforce in Osun, who are our allies in the race to deliver stellar services to our people, for their selflessness, understanding, perseverance and love for our state.

“You’re the reasons why, in spite of the economic storms, Osun still remains strong and outstanding in the comity of states.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: