The Oyo State Government says it has deployed two excavators to Sogoye, along Bode, Molete area of Ibadan, Oyo State, where efforts are ongoing to rescue victims trapped under a building that collapsed on Friday.
Our Correspondent who is monitoring the development reported that the incident happened around 5:45pm.
The number and identities of affected persons could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.
Oyo State Government spokesman, Mr. Toye Arulogun, said the government was on top of the situation.
Arulogun said, “We have deployed two excavators there. Our officials are right there now, to rescue trapped victims. There is no cause for alarm.”
A three-storey building under construction had collapsed suddenly, with several people injured and others trapped underneath.
No death has been recorded as at the time of filing this report.
24 hours ago an incident of a school collapsed and the lives of some children were claimed. The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said eight students kicked the bucket in the fiasco.
NEMA Public Relations Officer (PRO), in the South West Region, Ibrahim Farinloye, who affirmed the quantity of death, said that 37 others were protected from under the flotsam and jetsam by rescuers.
He included that NEMA’s Director of Search and Rescue will be at the scene of the structure breakdown by 9am Thursday, including that the Federal Government has sent a group to make Post Disaster Assessment which will involve giving alleviation help to the casualties of the structure breakdown.
He said that the group will likewise visit unfortunate casualties at the emergency clinic.
The rundown of survivors by yesterday evening included 22 females and 17 guys. The rundown expressed two instructors and three grown-ups, showing the rest were youngsters.
It was an unfortunate sight of wailings and pails loaded with tears as guardians of the students of Baden Private Primary School raged the mishap scene scanning for their wards. Indeed, even guardians whose youngsters were not influenced by
the catastrophe couldn’t keep down tears.
More cries lease the air when the assortments of the twin sisters were brought out dead from under the rubble. As the sight drew wild tears from sympathizers, for the most part ladies, the two cadavers were rapidly put into a rescue vehicle and taken to the Lagos Island General Hospital morgue.
An old woman, who recognized herself as Iya Ibeji, said her more youthful sister’s three youngsters, whose name she gave as Amina, Yusuf and Mubarak Oloyede, were as yet caught in the rubble.
Iya Ibeji unveiled that the mother of the youngsters, Ganiyat, had swooned when she heard the miserable news and had been raced to the emergency clinic.
The group at the scene down-poured insult on the proprietor of the structure, even as they blamed experts for the Lagos State and nearby administrations of overlooking calls by concerned neighbors that the structure was widely powerless and established a threat to its inhabitants.
Inhabitants of the zone said the structure had indicated obvious splits at the back. Some put the age of the structure at over 30 years and had been in a condition of decay.
As indicated by an inhabitant in the region, Abdulazeez Elegushi, “A quit notice was given to the proprietor of the structure by the state government after it fizzled a trustworthiness test. I don’t have the foggiest idea why they would not comply with government’s organization. This would not have occurred in the event that they had clung to government’s guidance.”
Babajide Komolafe, a tricyclist who employs his business in the Ita-Faji neighborhood, said he knew a couple who were dwelling in the structure yet moved out when authorities of the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) first came to reserve the structure for obliteration and requested that inhabitants abandon the premises.
“My two companions who used to live in the structure moved out just in November when their lease lapsed. They said the guardian was at that point on their neck to pay for their new lease yet they rejected in light of the fact that they realized that the house had been set apart by authorities of Lagos State government for decimation.
“I’m astounded that the house and two or three others which had been set apart for pulverization were left standing. What we realized was that some administration authorities, after the underlying checking of the house for decimation, were undermined with fixes in their consequent visit, generally the structure should have been devastated quite a while prior,” Komolafe said.
The tricyclist kept up the school’s name is Ohen Nursery/Primary School and that it has been running in the area for over three years.
An organic product merchant in the city, Bimbo Animashaun, likewise said the calamity was avoidable, taking note of that last year government authorities went to the Ita-Faji territory to request that inhabitants abandon houses they saw were in trouble.
She said the three-story building was among those set apart by the authorities.
One of the brokers with a shop at the structure, Emeka Chukwuka, additionally said the house had been appearing of split before it inevitability crumbled yesterday.
Please leave your comments below and do not forget to share.
JAMB reveals how 2019 UTME will be conducted
Ahead of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, Registrar, Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB), said the board has introduced new innovations for successful conduct of 2019 UTME.
NAN reports that Oloyede made this known in Abuja on Monday at the meeting of critical stakeholders on strategic planning and preparations for supervision and evaluation of administration of 2019 UTME slated to hold between April 11 and April 15.
He said a robust item backed with appropriate safeguard had been developed by moving toward open examination with one million questions per subject which would soon be effected.
“A separate indicator had also been created for the deaf (mute) to differentiate them for special attention at the examination centre. Efforts are on to provide option of special centres or mainstreaming for the blind.
“We now have live report on centres that registered any candidate, the time the candidate was registered, who registered the candidate, computer system used, the location of registration.
“All these are done through our enhanced monitoring system. I want to warn candidates expected to sit for its examination to ensure their biometrics were taken and verified or risk sitting for the examination,’’ he said.
He called on candidates to comply with the rules of engagement governing the registration and examination of the UTME.
According to him, biometric verification will be the only mode for admittance of candidates into the examination centres.
He added that increasing threat of identity fraud during the UTME before the advent of BVM necessitated its introduction for capturing the biometrics of candidates to counter fraud.
“Any candidate that cannot be verified by the Biometric Verification Mode (BVM) must not be allowed to take the examination under any guise.
“All candidates whose fingerprints could not be captured during registration from centres across the country were brought to JAMB Headquarters and were registered appropriately.
“In other words, exemption mode is not allowed for any candidate. Therefore, no biometric verification, no examination,” Oloyede warned.
The registrar added that the use of email/password would not be allowed by cyber cafe operators as it had now been classified as an offence for cyber cafe to ask for password before rendering services.
Oloyede said the board held an international round-table on cheating devices in December 2017 where various technology devices used for examination further said that Automated Teller Machine (ATM) was added to the list of prohibited items during its examinations.
He said other items prohibited are wristwatches, recorders, earpieces, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, smart lenses, erasers, smart buttons and spy reading glasses, among others.
The registrar said the board had approved the use of 708 Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the country for the conduct of the examination.
He noted that the names of impersonators in the last 10 years would soon be published to serve as deterrent to others, adding added that about 1.99 million candidates had registered for the examination.
He called on the candidates to ensure they comply with the rules and regulations of the examinations
Govt shut down three institutions with reasons
The Governor of Osun State, Adegboyega Oyetola, has ordered the closure of three tertiary institutions in the state following a protest which turned violent in Ilesa.
Oyetola condemning the incident said the closure was with immediate effect.
The state government announced this in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Adeniyi Adesina.
The statement reads: “Following the unwarranted destruction of public property by irate members of the public in Ilesa, Osun State Governor Adegboyega Oyetola on Monday night ordered the closure of three higher institutions of learning.
“The affected schools are Osun State College of Education, Ilesa, Osun State College of Health Technology, Ilesa, and Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke.
“The closure is with immediate effect, the government would not hesitate to take further drastic action, should the need arises in order to protect the lives and properties of the people.”
Governor Oyetola further assured residents of the state of safety, adding that the government is on top of the security situation in Ilesa and in all parts of the state.
Sport2 months ago
Another Arsenal player is set to be out for weeks “More bad news for Unai Emery”
Music2 months ago
AUDIO: Lil Frosh Ft. Small Doctor – Sonto Poilo Firi Yahoo
Business2 months ago
Don’t know how to make money? Here are our proven ways to make money fast
Tech2 months ago
MTN Users | How To Get 5GB For ₦50 (Valid For One Week)
Business1 month ago
Being successful is easier than you think!