6 Effective Tips On How To Read Faster And Comprehend More

6 effective tips on how to read faster and comprehend more 6 Effective Tips On How To Read Faster And Comprehend More read out loud to assimilate

It takes dedication and steadfastness to be a fast reader and assimilator. Every average student has a lot to read and comprehend. In order to cover up your work load for the semester or academic session and have a good grade in your exams, you need to abide by the rules and techniques you will learn after reading this article.

To equally help yourself read faster, you can equally acquire reading software that will help you to practice any technique you must have leant online or offline about reading faster and comprehension.

The best way to succeed is for you to always remember the gains of reading faster and understanding. This will help to motivate you towards building your reading abilities.

Knowing how to read faster and comprehension is not only good for students alone, researchers, office workers, lecturers, etc need to know the skills of fast reading because it will help in making your work finish on time and you will also have more time for family and friends.

WAYS TO READ FASTER AND COMPREHEND MORE

STOP WORD VOCALIZATION

Some people vocalize words as they read along. Vocalization slows down your reading speed. Research has proven that vocalization retards the assimilation capabilities of your brain. So, if your still in the category of readers that are still vocalizing, stop it right away.

IDENTIFY YOUR SPEED.

Identifying your reading speed will definitely help you to know how you have progressed in your endeavor to read faster. Therefore, take write ups with specified word count and try to know your speed via quantity of words read per hour.

LEARN HOW TO FOCUS.

Focusing on the content and subject matter you are reading will help you understand it faster. Therefore, stop thinking about unnecessary things like the romance date you had the previous day, financial problems, family problems and other things that will distract you from what you are doing at that particular time. It has been proven that most people do not understand or assimilate what they are reading just because of unnecessary distraction.

To also increase your ability to focus, you have to go to a quiet environment to read. Most especially if you have a great volume of work to do.

HAVE A GOAL.

You should have a goal on the quantity of material you need to read per day. Set a goal you are sure to achieve per day and try to increase the goal as time goes on. Within a short time, you will identify that your reading speed has increased.

LEARN READING SUMMARIZATION.

This technique should be applied when you have really improved in your speed of reading and comprehension. And you should also apply this technique when reading a material that is so large. Reading summarization is reading the topics and sub topics of pages, paragraphs and chapters.

Some authors call this technique skim reading. You just scan key words ad try to determine the contents through experience.

GROUP READING

Do not read words one after the other, rather read the words by groups. It’s all about training yourself to be reading words in groups. Once you start it, you will see how easy it is.

The strategies stated in this article should be applied mildly when you are reading complex materials. Such materials are mathematics and engineering and other professional materials.

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

1. file scavenger 5.3

April 23, 2019 at 6:33 am

Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thank you

May 5, 2019 at 12:24 am

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found
    that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for
    brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.

Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

May 6, 2019 at 5:43 am

I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and
    reporting! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve included you guys
    to blogroll.

May 12, 2019 at 8:48 am

Hello! I know this is somewhat off-topic however I had
    to ask. Does operating a well-established blog such as yours take a lot of
    work? I’m brand new to blogging however I do write in my journal
    daily. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and thoughts online.

Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
    Appreciate it!

May 13, 2019 at 11:41 am

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to
    get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords
    but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.

Thanks!

6. how to download minecraft free

May 13, 2019 at 8:29 pm

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge about unexpected feelings.

7. how to download minecraft free

May 15, 2019 at 9:53 am

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject
    matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that
    you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

8. minecraft download free

May 15, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Hi there! This post could not be written any better!

Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to
    him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many
    thanks for sharing!

9. download minecraft

May 16, 2019 at 1:17 pm

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Very well written!

10. minecraft free download

May 17, 2019 at 1:59 am

This is really interesting, You are an overly skilled blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and sit up for seeking more
    of your fantastic post. Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks

11. minecraft download free pc

May 17, 2019 at 2:33 pm

I am curious to find out what blog system you are utilizing?

I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest blog and I’d like
    to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations?

12. oprolevorter

May 23, 2019 at 1:45 pm

Thank you a lot for giving everyone an exceptionally terrific chance to discover important secrets from this website. It’s always very kind plus jam-packed with amusement for me and my office acquaintances to search your website at a minimum 3 times a week to learn the latest items you have. And definitely, I’m so always pleased for the mind-blowing knowledge you give. Certain 4 areas in this article are rather the simplest I have had.

13. Thad Markt

May 25, 2019 at 10:30 am

Magnificent website. A lot of helpful information here. I?¦m sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you in your effort!

June 14, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if
    it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

June 15, 2019 at 5:18 am

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell
    and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell
    to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab
    inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell
    someone!

16. quest bars cheap 2019 coupon

July 9, 2019 at 7:02 am

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog.

It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more
    enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Superb work!

Crime

Exam Malpractice: Poly Ibadan Management burns Students’ Phones worth N15 million (See Photos) IMG 20190711 WA0009 226x300

The management of the polytechnic Ibadan,  in a bid to provide lasting solution to the act of indisciplne and examination malpractice on Wednesday burnt thousands of cell phones with an estimated value of N15 million that were seized from students during examination period.

At the scene of  the exercise, Sculptor Bayo Oyeleke stated that the school authority has seen commenced effort to make the institution semester examinations sacred but some students still go to examination hall with mobile phones which is against the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of examination in the school.

Exam Malpractice: Poly Ibadan Management burns Students’ Phones worth N15 million (See Photos) IMG 20190711 WA0008 226x300

Exam Malpractice: Poly Ibadan Management burns Students’ Phones worth N15 million (See Photos) IMG 20190711 WA0010 300x225

Education

UNN produces Nigeria’s first electric car

unn produces nigeria’s first electric car UNN produces Nigeria’s first electric car university of nigeria nsukka unn 1024x575

Mr Jelani Aliyu, the Director-General of National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) has commended the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) for being the first institution to produce electric car in the country.

Aliyu made the commendation in Nsukka on Monday during the unveiling of a five-seater Electric Car, named ‘Lion Ozumba 551′, produced by the Faculty of Engineering in the university, NAN reports.

He urged other universities in the country to emulate UNN in giving serious attention to issues concerning innovations and technology in order to move the country to the next level.

He said: “NADDC on Feb. 6, invited UNN, University of Lagos, Usman Dan Fodio University and Metrological Institute and urged them to prepare a paper design on how to produce electric car in the country.

“The council is happy that UNN is the first to prepare a paper design and produced electrical car that has been unveiled and test-run today in the university.

“We urge other universities and higher institutions in the country to emulate innovation and technology spirit of UNN.”

The NADDC boss, who was represented by Mr David Oyetunji, Director Finance and Account in the council, hoped that the growth in automobile industry in the country would help to create more employments and save the nation’s foreign reserves spent in importing cars into the country.

“NADDC commends UNN, which recently produced the first gasification plant that used organic waste to generate electricity and today the same university is unveiling first electric-built car in the country,’’ Aliyu said.

In a remark, Prof. Charles Igwe, the Vice Chancellor (VC) of the university, who was visibly excited, said his administration would continue to give innovation and technology the highest attention in order to move the university to the next level.

Igwe expressed appreciation to the immediate past VC of UNN, Prof. Benjamin Ozumba, who, he said, laid the foundation for innovation and technology in the institution.

“I feel happy that I inherited strong institution from Ozumba and I promised I will consolidate on his numerous achievements.

“I commend the Engineering Faculty for making the university proud and naming the car after Ozumba, who ignited the fire of innovation and technology in the university.

“I also commend NADDC for its encouragement as well as giving UNN a chance to show its potential,” Igwe said.