Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

President of Nigerian Citizens Association South Africa (NICASA), Ben Okoli, says a Nigerian, Mr Okechukwu Henry, from Imo State, has been stabbed to death by unknown South African robbers.

The NICASA president said this in a letter to the Consul-General, Nigerian Consulate Johannesburg, South Africa.

A copy of the letter was obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Abuja.

Okoli said that the association was tired of sending Nigerians back home in body bags due to premeditated and organised crimes against them in South Africa.

“Tragedy has struck the Nigerian community again, just after 4p.m. on Friday, May 3. Mr Okechukwu Henry was stabbed to death by unknown local South African robbers.

”The late Henry, a car dealer who specialised in used cars, lived in Middleburg Mpumalanga Province.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Six COVID-19 patient discharged in Osun

“Earlier before his death, some two local guys had indicated interest to buy his car – a white VW polo.

”They had negotiated the price and agreed to buy; late Henry had produced all necessary documents to seal the deal when suddenly the local buyers said they wanted to test-drive the car first before paying,” he said.

According to him, Henry obliged them but insisted he would drive along with them.

”As they drove out, he suddenly realised that they were robbers as they demanded for the key of the car.

”They attacked him and stabbed him several times, they took the keys but could not manage to drive away the car.

READ ALSO  Breaking: Plane evacuating 265 Nigerians from UAE arrives Lagos after making a U-turn when a pregnant woman went into Labour HomepageNewsBreaking: Plane evac

“Their action attracted the attention of people around and they ran away with the keys without the car,” he said.

According to him, Henry was rushed to hospital, but it appeared he had died at the scene.

He said that a case of robbery and murder had been opened by the NICASA Provincial chairman in Mpumalanga.

”Your Excellency, the attack on Nigerians has reached an alarming level and demands something urgent to be done to stem this ugly tide.

”Our nationals are under attack in South Africa. We are under attack from every angle”.

He called on the Nigerian mission to urgently intervene.

“We no longer feel safe, we have become like a trophy hunted by all.

READ ALSO  Davido Sends Powerful Message To Nigerians - No One Is Voting This Man In Again. We’ve Chased One Before, Let’s Do It Again’

“The Nigerian Citizens Association, South Africa, is disheartened by the frequent repatriation of the remains of our dear citizens,” he said.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
84 Comments

84 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

End SARS: IG of Police sends fresh orders to commanders amid looting

Published

on

By

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered police commanders to mobilize all operational assets and resources, to immediately stop the descent to anarchy across the country.

This follows the widespread of looting and arson by suspected hoodlums.

Adamu has directed commanders to reclaim the public space from “criminal elements masquerading as protesters in some parts of the country.”

According to a statement by the Force spokesman, DCP Frank Mba, the IGP gave the order to all Assistant Inspectors-General of Police, Commissioners of Police, heads of police operational Units, Squadron and Base Commanders in charge of Zonal/State/FCT Commands, the Police Mobile Force, Counter-Terrorism Unit and the Special Protection Unit, on October 24, 2020.

“In addition, CPs and heads of police formations in the various states had also been charged to mobilize their men and work in sync with the command CPs in the areas where they are domiciled, to dominate the public space and ensure peace and safety in the affected areas,” the statement added.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Six COVID-19 patient discharged in Osun

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

JUST IN: 7 arrested over invasion of Sen. Folarin’s house

Published

on

By

No fewer than seven persons have been arrested in connection with the invasion of Sen. Teslim Folarin’s house in Ibadan on Saturday.
Mr Yinka Folarin, the lawmaker’s elder brother, told newsmen on Saturday in Ibadan.
The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) reports that some hoodlums had on Saturday invaded Folarin’s house, carting away items worth more than N200 million.
NAN reports that among the items carted away are about 300 motorcycles, deep freezers and food items.
He said that the suspected hoodlums were arrested at the residence of the lawmaker by the Oyo State joint security task force ‘Operation Burst’.
“Most of the equipment had been looted before the arrival of the security men, while seven of the them, identified by the residents, were arrested at the scene,” he said.
READ ALSO: 59 COVID-19 cases recorded in Ibadan company — Oyo govt
The lawmaker’s elder brother said that the looted items were meant for the 11 local government areas constituting Oyo Central Senatorial District.
He said that the empowerment programme was postponed due to the ongoing protest.(NAN)

READ ALSO  COVID-19: FG orders scientists to design WHO standard face masks

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: