Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has assured Nigerians that he would accept the verdict of the Presidential Tribunal on his petition challenging the emergence of Muhammadu as winner of the election.

He gave the assurance while stating that he would not allow to experience crisis or spilling of innocent blood
in a bid to get justice.

Speaking through the spokesperson of his campaign organisation, Segun Sowunmi, the former Vice President said he was more interested in institutional reforms that would enhance national development.

READ ALSO  Eid-el-Fitr: Buhari to hold private Eid prayers with family – Presidency

Addressing journalists yesterday in Abuja, Showunmi urged judicial officers of the tribunal to do what was expected of them by delivering judgement in line with their professional calling.

He said: “We hope and pray that the cankerworm, nepotism, corruption and lack of integrity that has eaten deep into the fabrics of this society would be caught.

“But it’s up to the courts to demonstrate that they are immune. And I think this election tribunal will do its . People want to know how it will go, and of course, we don’t have a choice, we will accept the verdict of history, we will accept the verdict of the court.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Police Violently Disperse #ENDSARS Protesters At Force Headquarters In Abuja (VIDEO)

“However, there is no way you can edge it, Atiku is already the winner of the 2019 presidential election in the minds of the people.

“For he is the leader of opposition now, Atiku is not going to be silenced with whatever the outcome will be.”

 

Source: Daily Post

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
58 Comments

58 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

End SARS: Looters of NYSC camp will be apprehended, prosecuted – IGP, Adamu

Published

on

By

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has said that hoodlums who made away with items meant for corps members would be arrested and made to face the law.

Adamu said this on Friday after inspecting the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camp in Kubwa, Abuja, NAN reports.

“It is very unfortunate that the camp was looted as we went round to see the destruction made by the hoodlums.

”The camp meant for the training of youths to enable them contribute to the development of the country has turned out to be the focus of looters.

“However, it is a good thing that corps members were not in camp during the unfortunate incident because it would have been a disaster,” he said.

READ ALSO  June 12: Enough is enough, this suffering is too much – Yoruba group tells Buhari

He also revealed that some of the items have been recovered, while some of the hoodlums have been arrested.

“A total number of 53 suspects have been arrested so far and would be charged to court.

“I urge Nigerians to report anyone suspected to be in possession of the looted items to the nearest law enforcement agency.

“For those hoodlums who broke into this facility and stole, we will ensure that we track them and prosecute them,” Adamu added.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Test results for Chinese medics not ready- FG

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Osun Govt Begins Payment Of New Minimum Wage From November 1, Lifts Embargo On Promotions, Conversion

Published

on

By

The Osun State government on Friday announced that with effect from November 1, it will begin the payment of new minimum wage to its civil servants throughout the state.

The government also announced the lifting of the ban on annual salary increment and also embargo on promotions and conversions with immediate effect in order to encourage workers in the state.

The state government said these decisions followed the perusal of the recommendations of the government/labour committee that was set up to out the modalities for resolving all workers’ welfare-related issues.

 

READ ALSO  COVID-19: FG Directs Civil Servants On Levels 12, 13 To Resume

The state governor, Mr Gboyega Oyetola, who announced the state government’s decision in his Twitter handle, further said he hoped the decision will make the workers to continue to put in their best in the state,

According to his tweet: “I’m delighted to announce that the implementation of the new minimum wage for Osun State workers will commence on November 1, 2020.

“This follows the perusal of the recommendations of Government/Labour Committee that we set up to work out the modalities for resolving all workers’ welfare-related issues.

“Additionally, we’ve lifted the ban on annual salary increment which was done in 2012. Embargo on promotions and conversions is also lifted with immediate effect. This is in fulfilment our administration’s pledge to give the welfare of our workers the deserved attention.

READ ALSO  FG redeploys 13 permanent secretaries

“I appreciate Labour Leaders and the entire workforce in Osun, who are our allies in the race to deliver stellar services to our people, for their selflessness, understanding, perseverance and love for our state.

“You’re the reasons why, in spite of the economic storms, Osun still remains strong and outstanding in the comity of states.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: