Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

 

 

The Vice-Chancellor of University of Ilorin, Prof. Suleiman Age, on Friday expressed the institution’s readiness to grant admission to athletes who distinguished themselves during the 5th National Youth Games (NYG).

The Vice-Chancellor made the promise while hosting Directors of Sports from 23 states of the federation, as well as other sports stakeholders.

The group and some officials of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development were in Ilorin for a Joint Technical Meeting of the 5th NYG scheduled for September.

“Unilorin s always open to hosting national and international sports competitions and events,” the Vice-Chancellor said.

READ ALSO  *Money Speaking* Moment Chief Adebutu A.K.A Baba Ijebu Arrived In Style In A ₦300m 2020 Rolls-Royce Phantom

The Director of Grassroots Sports Development Department, Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development, Dr Ademola Are, in a speech said the Ministry would continue to play its role in the organisation of the NYG.

The delegates had earlier undertaken an inspection visit to the various venues and accommodation facilities earmarked for the Games.

While reacting, they commended the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development for the sustained hosting of the Games.

They also commended the Vice-Chancellor and management team of University of Ilorin for their hospitality and the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the Games’ next five editions.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: One third of NHS staff test positive for COVID-19

The delegates, during their meeting, approved the list of sports and events for the Games and resolved to include mixed doubles events for badminton, table tennis, Ayo, darts and tennis.

They also included team event for chess and are to get clarifications on the heavyweight categories in kung-fu and taekwondo.

The delegates also approved the timelines for the NYG and resolved that online accreditation would take place in various states and the FCT.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the screening of athletes would hold on Sept. 9.

READ ALSO  Wigan relegated from Championship after failed appeal

Loading...
Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
10 Comments

10 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

#ENDSARS Protest: Police deny killing protester in Ogbomoso

Published

on

By

The Oyo State Police Command, Eleyele, Ibadan, has denied the widely circulated social media report that the police allegedly shot and killed one of the protesters of ENDSARS protest in Ogbomoso on Saturday.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Nwachukwu Enwonwu, made the clarification, in a statement signed by the command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Fadeyi Gbenga, and made available to newsmen.
According to the statement, the Police did not fire a shot or kill any protester as widely circulated as the CP in his earlier press release, had sought for collaborations of parents/guardian, religious and community leaders, leaders of thought to wade in and appeal to the angry youths to exercise patience, give the Police Command some time to properly reform SARS.
READ ALSO: #EndSARS Protest: Group Warns Against Scrapping Of FSARS
The statement read in part: “The attention of the Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, CP. Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu, has been drawn to the trending story/video that has been widely circulated on Social media today 10/10/2020 that Police killed a protester in Ogbomoso during the “EndSARS” protest.”
“The CP wishes to state that the Police allowed the protesters to express their feelings during the protest and they were not hindered in any form until when they started throwing stones into the Police premises and attempted to gain entrance into the premises.”
“The Police, in turn, used tear gas to disperse them from gaining entrance into the Owode Ogbomoso Area Command/Police Station to disperse them and preventing them from gaining entrance and attacking the station.
“The Police did not fire a shot or kill any protester as widely circulated. The CP in his earlier press release had sought for collaborations of parents/guardian, religious and community leaders, leaders of thought, etc to wade in and appeal to these angry youths to exercise patience, give the Police Command some time to properly reform SARS.”
The Commissioner of Police, however, warned social miscreants/disgruntled elements to steer clear of the state, adding that, the Police in the state would not fold its arms and allow the breakdown of law and order, while he assured the people of the state to go about their lawful businesses without fear of molestations from any quarters.

READ ALSO  *Money Speaking* Moment Chief Adebutu A.K.A Baba Ijebu Arrived In Style In A ₦300m 2020 Rolls-Royce Phantom

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Abuja #EndSARS protesters storm Force HQ, demand to see IGP

Published

on

By

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: