JAMB RESULT: JAMB speaks on difficulty in result check
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board () has addressed reports on the challenges associated with checking of results of the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation (UTME).

The Board Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, who announced the results in Abuja on Saturday, said about 1,792,719 candidates sat for the examination, while 34,120 candidates had their results withheld for examination malpractice.

Oloyede stated that 15,145 results were withheld for further clarification.

Speaking on candidates complaints about their inability to access their results, the board in a post on its official page wrote:” The Board has noticed that candidates are having difficulties assessing their results, especially with some networks.

“The providers are looking into these technical hitches and have assured that normalcy would be restored soon.”

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Dinorah Hayford

    May 25, 2019 at 8:48 am

    Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such wonderful information being shared freely out there.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

FG/ASUU Agreement : Union wants Nigerians to caution FG over non-implementation

Published

on

By

FG/ASUU Agreement : Union wants Nigerians to caution FG over non-implementation ASUU

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has called on well-meaning Nigerians to caution the Federal Government to honour its agreement with the union to forestall further industrial crisis in the nation’s tertiary education sector.

The union’s President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.

Recall that the union’s National Executive Committee (NEC) had at the end of its meeting at the Federal University of Technical Akure (FUTA) in Ondo, on Nov. 4, 2018, declared a ‘total, comprehensive and indefinite’ nationwide strike.

The strike, was however suspended on Feb. 7, after series of negotiations between the parties and other concerned stakeholders.

But Ogunyemi told NAN on Sunday that “Government has not kept faith with our MOA signed on February 7.

“What government ought to have done, they do not want to do any more. They have literally gone to sleep.

“For instance they had promised before the suspension of the strike, to set up visitation panel to our universities within two weeks and three months after government has not done anything in that regard.

“At least not to my knowledge that they had put any panel in place nor inaugurate any.

“By February 28 of this year, government had promised to pay the union, N25 billion part payment of outstanding arrears of the EARN academic allowances.

“Our renegotiation with Dr Wale Babalakin had promised to put us in a more cordial path with fair guidelines when we cone back to the renegotiation table but now, there seem to be no change of attitude on the side of government.”

According to him, the union has a timeframe attached to every action, hence the current call for caution on the part of government.

He explained that government had told the union that the funds had been approved, but Ogunyemi said that there was a huge difference between approval of such funds and its implementation.

He said that three months after the said approval, the funds were yet to get to the union.

“Our members have begun to express doubts about government’s promise to fulfill its pledge faithfully.

“And when this pressure begins to mount there is nothing the leadership can do because leadership must hearken to the voice of followers.

“The point is that we are not keen about disrupting the academic calendar. What we are doing is to express our worries and carry the public along.

“So, Nigerians must come out now and speak to government concerning all these things raised to maintain the current precarious industrial stability on our campuses ” he said.

He said that though the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu had assured the union that the payment would soon be done, but he expressed concern that time was of essence his members nationwide. (NAN)

 

Source: thenationalonlineng

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

ASUU strike: Lecturers issue fresh threat to Buhari govt

Published

on

By

asuu strike: lecturers issue fresh threat to buhari govt ASUU strike: Lecturers issue fresh threat to Buhari govt ASUU logo

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has threatened to embark on a fresh industrial action if the Federal Government fails to show commitment towards implementing the Memorandum of Action.

ASUU National President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi issued the threat during a briefing with the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu while giving an update on the ongoing renegotiation with the government over the contending N25 billion on Wednesday.

Ogunyemi said, “Since information on the amounts mentioned in the media went round, the ASUU has been inundated with enquiries on the union’s perspective to the story.

“Funding for the revitalisation of public universities has for years been of very high priority to ASUU.

“Reaching an agreement with the Federal Government has often been a frustrating journey for our union. It is often marked with protests, strikes and requires a conscious and focused engagement. The 2001 agreement, which gave birth to the 2009 agreement, was not an exemption. The exception here is the personality leading the government negotiation team.

“The current leadership of the government team clearly lacks the academic disposition and humility needed to undertake such task.

“Our members enjoy their and hate to see any disruption in the smooth running of our universities. However, the level of frustration occasioned by the lackadaisical attitude of the government towards meeting the terms of the 2019 Memorandum of Action that was freely signed with our union is increasingly becoming unbearable.

“We, therefore, call on all Nigerian patriots, parents and students including the Nigeria Labour Congress to prevail on the government to keep to the terms of our agreement. Otherwise, our union should not be held responsible for any disruption in the system.”

 

Source: Daily Post

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: