Nigerians react to Okorocha’s statue of Buhari in Imo [PHOTO]

The of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha on Tuesday unveiled a statue of Muhammadu in the state.

NAIJAsurf Wears

DAILY POST recalls that Buhari was on Tuesday expected in Imo to commission, among other projects, a statue of him, constructed by the Imo state government. But, the visit was postponed as the president was then yet to return from Saudi Arabia where he performed this year’s holy pilgrimage.

However, pictures of Buhari’s statue yet to be commissioned have gone viral on social media and stirred reactions from Nigerians.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST from :

@Ovie199985 “Imo state is lucky Okorocha tenure is over because at the rate this man is erecting statues in another 10yrs the population of statues will overtake humans.”

@OkuchukwuGA “Gov Rochas Okorocha still thinks he is the presidents blue-eyed which is why he keeps on pleasing the president even to the extent of unveiling a statue but I doubt if Buhari would #ToeThatPath of telling EFCC to stop their investigation

@TheBlarkshow “See as president Buhari looks healthier here than in real life.”

@YarinnyaAbba “And people are hungry in the state..Lost priority.”

@Okestalyf “Dear Rochas Okorocha,I come to you in peace. You molded the statue of Mugabe, he resigned a few weeks later, you molded Ellen Sirleaf & she lost her seat to George Weah, you molded Jacob Zuma, he also resigned. Thank you for molding President Buhari’s statue.”

@TaiwoOadeleke16 “I believe that the new administration will definitely pull all this nonsense down what is really wrong with that man self even if used to smoke Marijuana in the morning he should be ok in the evening now what a crazy system.”

@ObassyEmmy “This may not be relevant now but those statuses will have some relevance sometime in future. Art never disappoints. They should just make Rochas Min. of Art, Statuses and Culture in . I he will excel well in that field. My admirable governor.”

@Wagesden “If he likes he should unveil the status of Ojukwu, Ihedioha will pull them down.”

@Darlingtom “EFCC go still wait for you when you step down.”

@Ileladewa “So that Buhari can appoint you among his minister. Wastage resources.”

@Ifediba5 “Is this achievement or wasting of taxpayers? To me, it is a waste of resources meant to affect the lives of people he is ruling.”

@SinachOkee “Even this gimmick won’t save this clown, EFCC is waiting on the wings to pick him up!

@Eddiexy “Welcome to IMO state. The home of statutes.”

1. Allyson Hosaka

May 25, 2019 at 9:51 am

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Many thanks

May 29, 2019 at 12:21 am

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i could assume
    you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me
    to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming
    post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

May 29, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your
    blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, fantastic site!

June 1, 2019 at 12:16 am

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any
    issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My site has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either authored myself or
    outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the
    web without my authorization. Do you know any methods
    to help reduce content from being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.

June 1, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Hi fantastic blog! Does running a blog similar to this require a great deal of work?
    I have very little knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon.
    Anyways, should you have any recommendations or tips for new blog
    owners please share. I know this is off subject nevertheless I just
    had to ask. Kudos!

June 4, 2019 at 10:20 pm

you’re actually a good webmaster. The site loading velocity
    is incredible. It sort of feels that you are doing
    any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece.

you have done a fantastic job in this topic!

June 5, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Very good information. Lucky me I ran across your
    blog by chance (stumbleupon). I’ve book-marked it for later!

June 6, 2019 at 11:32 pm

That is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Simple but very precise info… Appreciate your sharing this
    one. A must read article!

June 7, 2019 at 2:37 pm

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web
    page and thought I might check things out. I like what
    I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to exploring
    your web page yet again.

10. playstation 4 best games ever made 2019

June 12, 2019 at 5:12 am

It’s impressive that you are getting thoughts from this article as well as from our argument made here.

June 21, 2019 at 10:58 pm

You’ve made some good points there. I looked on the internet for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

July 16, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board
    and I find It truly useful & it helped me out
    a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

July 17, 2019 at 12:11 am

Great info. Lucky me I came across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I’ve bookmarked it for later!

July 19, 2019 at 1:31 pm

I all the time used to study post in news papers but
    now as I am a user of net thus from now I am using net for posts, thanks to
    web.

15. natalielise

July 24, 2019 at 9:04 pm

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the
    layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s
    rare to see a great blog like this one these
    days. pof natalielise

16. pof

August 1, 2019 at 8:37 am

Howdy this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you
    have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be enormously appreciated!

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects download 2

The United States government has released full details and identities of the 80 suspected fraudsters, with many being Nigerians, arrested in the country.

NAIJAsurf Wears

FBI named Valentine Iro, 31, and Chukwudi Christogunus Igbokwe, 38, both Nigerian citizens as lead suspects, adding that the duo allegedly coordinated with others to launder the funds from victims.

DAILY POST reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in a press statement released in Los Angeles, California on Thursday by US attorney, Nick Hanna announced it has arrested, “many Nigerians”, in an ongoing investigation related to fraud cases.

Hanna said the fraud cases involved suspects colluding with federal and state agents, to dupe unsuspecting victims of their money.

He said a total of 80 suspects “many of whom are from ”, have been arrested and charged to court with 57 more being hunted globally.

According to a full statement released by the US authorities, the suspects either played major roles in the alleged fraud or acted as accomplices.

The statement read: “This case is part of our ongoing efforts to protect Americans from fraudulent online schemes and to bring to justice those who prey upon American citizens and businesses.

“Today, we have taken a major step to disrupt criminal networks that use BEC schemes, romance scams and other frauds to fleece victims. This indictment sends a message that we will identify perpetrators – no matter where they reside – and we will cut off the flow of ill-gotten gains.”

“Investigations revealed that members of the conspiracy sometimes wired funds to other bank accounts under their control or withdrew same as cash or negotiable instruments such as cashier’s checks.

“The suspects often “used illicit money exchangers to move funds overseas, generally avoiding transferring the funds directly through banking institutions, the indictment alleges.

“To do this, Iro and Igbokwe coordinated the transfer of a victim’s funds from a fraudulent bank account they controlled to US bank accounts belonging to illicit money exchangers.

“Those money exchangers, in turn, used a Nigerian banking application to transfer other funds in naira (₦), the currency of Nigeria, from Nigerian bank accounts they controlled to the Nigerian bank accounts specified by Iro and Igbokwe,” the statement said.

Here are the names of the Nigerian suspects indicted in the alleged fraud case:

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 1 3

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 1 2

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 2

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 3

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 4

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 5

Tension in Osun community over kingship tussle

Tension in Osun community over kingship tussle osun 1024x576

There is palpable tension in Edunabon, a sleepy town in Ife North Local Government of Osun State, over controversy surrounding kingship process in the community.

NAIJAsurf Wears

DAILY POST recalls that the town was erupted in crisis after the demise of late Oba Elijah Omoloye Ayelade Agunbiade 1, who joined his ancestors after reigning for 24 years as Salu of Edunabon.

The crisis thereafter reached a crescendo on December 19, 2018 following the installation of a new king, Oba Adesoji Kehinde Oladepo, as the traditional palace was set ablaze, while many were seriously brutalised.

Speaking on the issue on Thursday, at the NUJ Correspondents’ Chapel in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, the newly installed monarch, Oba Adesoji Kehinde Oladepo condemned the turn of events in the town, saying “dissidents would be legally dealt with henceforth “.

He denied that his ascendancy of the throne was controversial in any way, adding that he remained the authentic Salu of Edunabon, going by the state government’s pronouncement of his candidacy on November 26, 2019 and subsequent issuance of letter of appointment to him on November 28.

He chided one Nasiru Adebayo, who contested the stool with him for allegedly fanning embers of discord by parading himself as king.

He further accused Adebayo and the head of kingmakers, the Olosi of Edunabon, Chief Olatidoye E.Oyedokun of conspiring to frustrate the process that led to his emergence as the new Salu of Edunabon, to the extent of setting the palace ablaze.

“On 2nd November, 2018, the local government sent letters of invitation to all the seven candidates, from Isibomi ruling house. On the 9th of November 2018, all the stakeholders were present at the local government hall in a peaceful atmosphere.

“Thereafter, all the candidates were called for manifestoes accordingly and all pledged to support whoever emerges as Salu of Edunabon. After the selection exercise, I was selected as Salu-elect of Edunabon. All the candidates rejoiced with me and signed the peace agreement to support and take Edunabon to greater height except Adebayo, who boycotted the selection process after obtaining the form of interest from the local government.

“The local government authority sent all the records of selection processes to the Ministry on the 9th and 13th of November, 2018 and the same letter was also communicated to our Father, Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, who remains a consenting authority on the same day.

“My nomination was later approved by the immediate past of the state, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, at the last state Executive Council meeting held on the 26th November, 2018 and I was issued appointment letter dated 28th of November, 2018. The same letter was sent to His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ife North Chieftaincy committee and Ife North Local Council Development Area Edunabon

“The appointment was also confirmed and given a consenting approval by His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi , when the Isibomi ruling house was invited to Ooni’s palace on 29th of November, 2018.

“My appointment was gazetted and published on the 6yh of December, 2018 by the Osun State Government of No. 7 Volume 28, Notice 32 and Page 91 in the official gazette of the state of Osun.

” I proceeded on seclusion immediately I got my appointment letter as the New Salu of Edunabon as condition precedent to the throne of my forefathers. After concluding all the traditional rites on the 19th of December, 2018.

“After pronouncement of my appointment as the Salu of Edunabon, Nasiru Adebayo filed a suit at the High Court of Justice, Ile-Ife challenging me alongside the state governor , Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs and the Chairman Ife North West Local Council Development Area. On the 16th of May , 2019, a judgement was delivered in my favour by his lordship Honourable Justice R.A Shiyanbola in which the case was dismissed for lack of merit”, the monarch explained