Nigerians will no longer own cooking gas cylinders – FG

The Federal Government has said it is coming up with a policy that would remove the ownership of Liquefied Petroleum Gas cylinders from consumers.

NAIJAsurf Wears

It made this known yesterday at a stakeholders’ forum on LPG penetration in Abuja.

Speaking, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, said the policy would require that the ownership of the cylinders rests strictly with the dealers and distributors, adding that this was part of the strategy to deepen the penetration of LPG, also known as cooking gas, and address issues of safet

Kachikwu added that the Federal Government had reached an agreement with two original cylinder manufacturers to deliver 600,000 cylinders to LPG distributors on credit, with a pre-payment period of 18 months.

He said the Federal Government would in the next couple of days commence the clampdown on illegal roadside LPG dealers, while he directed all skid operators of LPG to immediately convert their outlets to micro distribution centres before the enforcement begins.

Represented by his Senior Technical Assistant, Brenda Ataga, Kachikwu said: “The MDCs will essentially create and introduce into the market what we call the cylinder exchange programme, whereby the cylinders are owned by the distributors.

“There is no need for you to decant for anybody that comes in, and that eliminates illegal risks as well.

“You would fill them at the refill plants that would be tied to you and exchange it with your customers because you know your customers already.

“Your customers pay for only the content, while you own the cylinders and control the management of those cylinders.

“It is for us to be able to, at any point in time, discern and discover cylinders that are bad, cylinders that need recertification and cylinders that need to be removed from circulation.

“We put that onus on distributors going forward, to support the safe and standard method of selling LPG.

“I tell you today that is the only country in West Africa that does not practice the re-circulation model.

“Everyone has moved away from this because, again, most of the population cannot afford cylinders.

“So, you have to remove that cost from them.”

1. Goldie Granucci

May 25, 2019 at 10:08 am

I am curious to find out what blog system you are using? I’m having some small security issues with my latest blog and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations?

May 29, 2019 at 4:16 am

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time
    to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
    Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read even more things about it!

June 1, 2019 at 4:37 am

I am really delighted to glance at this web site posts which carries tons of helpful facts, thanks
    for providing such statistics.

June 3, 2019 at 8:00 am

This is a topic that’s close to my heart… Take care!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?

June 3, 2019 at 5:09 pm

As the admin of this website is working, no uncertainty very quickly
    it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.

June 5, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Yes! Finally something about gamefly free trial.

7. playstation games

June 7, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Hurrah! Finally I got a blog from where I can truly take valuable
    facts concerning my study and knowledge.

8. ps4 best games ever made 2019

June 12, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you really know what you’re talking about!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my site =).
    We can have a link exchange contract among us

June 14, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Greetings! Quick question that’s entirely off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My blog looks weird when viewing from my iphone.
    I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Many thanks!

June 14, 2019 at 9:08 pm

I do consider all of the ideas you have introduced for your post.
    They’re very convincing and can definitely work.
    Still, the posts are very quick for newbies.
    Could you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

July 20, 2019 at 10:52 am

Great blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices
    out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
    Any tips? Thanks!

July 21, 2019 at 6:14 am

Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info specifically the closing section :
    ) I maintain such information much. I used to be
    seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of
    luck.

13. natalielise

July 22, 2019 at 8:55 am

If you would like to increase your familiarity simply keep visiting this
    web site and be updated with the most recent news posted
    here. natalielise pof

July 23, 2019 at 6:39 am

I am curious to find out what blog system you’re utilizing?
    I’m having some small security issues with my latest site and I’d like to find something
    more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

July 25, 2019 at 9:18 am

you’re really a good webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible.
    It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick.
    Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a wonderful task on this matter!

16. descargar facebook

August 19, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized
    it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

17. descargar facebook

August 19, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive
    the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is great blog.

An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back.

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects download 2

The United States government has released full details and identities of the 80 suspected fraudsters, with many being Nigerians, arrested in the country.

NAIJAsurf Wears

FBI named Valentine Iro, 31, and Chukwudi Christogunus Igbokwe, 38, both Nigerian citizens as lead suspects, adding that the duo allegedly coordinated with others to launder the funds from victims.

DAILY POST reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in a press statement released in Los Angeles, California on Thursday by US attorney, Nick Hanna announced it has arrested, “many Nigerians”, in an ongoing investigation related to fraud cases.

Hanna said the fraud cases involved suspects colluding with federal and state agents, to dupe unsuspecting victims of their money.

He said a total of 80 suspects “many of whom are from ”, have been arrested and charged to court with 57 more being hunted globally.

According to a full statement released by the US authorities, the suspects either played major roles in the alleged fraud or acted as accomplices.

The statement read: “This case is part of our ongoing efforts to protect Americans from fraudulent online schemes and to bring to justice those who prey upon American citizens and businesses.

“Today, we have taken a major step to disrupt criminal networks that use BEC schemes, romance scams and other frauds to fleece victims. This indictment sends a message that we will identify perpetrators – no matter where they reside – and we will cut off the flow of ill-gotten gains.”

“Investigations revealed that members of the conspiracy sometimes wired funds to other bank accounts under their control or withdrew same as cash or negotiable instruments such as cashier’s checks.

“The suspects often “used illicit money exchangers to move funds overseas, generally avoiding transferring the funds directly through banking institutions, the indictment alleges.

“To do this, Iro and Igbokwe coordinated the transfer of a victim’s funds from a fraudulent bank account they controlled to US bank accounts belonging to illicit money exchangers.

“Those money exchangers, in turn, used a Nigerian banking application to transfer other funds in naira (₦), the currency of Nigeria, from Nigerian bank accounts they controlled to the Nigerian bank accounts specified by Iro and Igbokwe,” the statement said.

Here are the names of the Nigerian suspects indicted in the alleged fraud case:

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 1 3

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 1 2

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 2

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 3

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 4

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 5

Tension in Osun community over kingship tussle

Tension in Osun community over kingship tussle osun 1024x576

There is palpable tension in Edunabon, a sleepy town in Ife North Local Government of Osun State, over controversy surrounding kingship process in the community.

NAIJAsurf Wears

DAILY POST recalls that the town was erupted in crisis after the demise of late Oba Elijah Omoloye Ayelade Agunbiade 1, who joined his ancestors after reigning for 24 years as Salu of Edunabon.

The crisis thereafter reached a crescendo on December 19, 2018 following the installation of a new king, Oba Adesoji Kehinde Oladepo, as the traditional palace was set ablaze, while many were seriously brutalised.

Speaking on the issue on Thursday, at the NUJ Correspondents’ Chapel in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, the newly installed monarch, Oba Adesoji Kehinde Oladepo condemned the turn of events in the town, saying “dissidents would be legally dealt with henceforth “.

He denied that his ascendancy of the throne was controversial in any way, adding that he remained the authentic Salu of Edunabon, going by the state government’s pronouncement of his candidacy on November 26, 2019 and subsequent issuance of letter of appointment to him on November 28.

He chided one Nasiru Adebayo, who contested the stool with him for allegedly fanning embers of discord by parading himself as king.

He further accused Adebayo and the head of kingmakers, the Olosi of Edunabon, Chief Olatidoye E.Oyedokun of conspiring to frustrate the process that led to his emergence as the new Salu of Edunabon, to the extent of setting the palace ablaze.

“On 2nd November, 2018, the local government sent letters of invitation to all the seven candidates, from Isibomi ruling house. On the 9th of November 2018, all the stakeholders were present at the local government hall in a peaceful atmosphere.

“Thereafter, all the candidates were called for manifestoes accordingly and all pledged to support whoever emerges as Salu of Edunabon. After the selection exercise, I was selected as Salu-elect of Edunabon. All the candidates rejoiced with me and signed the peace agreement to support and take Edunabon to greater height except Adebayo, who boycotted the selection process after obtaining the form of interest from the local government.

“The local government authority sent all the records of selection processes to the Ministry on the 9th and 13th of November, 2018 and the same letter was also communicated to our Father, Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, who remains a consenting authority on the same day.

“My nomination was later approved by the immediate past governor of the state, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, at the last state Executive Council meeting held on the 26th November, 2018 and I was issued appointment letter dated 28th of November, 2018. The same letter was sent to His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ife North Chieftaincy committee and Ife North Local Council Development Area Edunabon

“The appointment was also confirmed and given a consenting approval by His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi , when the Isibomi ruling house was invited to Ooni’s palace on 29th of November, 2018.

“My appointment was gazetted and published on the 6yh of December, 2018 by the Osun State Government of No. 7 Volume 28, Notice 32 and Page 91 in the official gazette of the state of Osun.

” I proceeded on seclusion immediately I got my appointment letter as the New Salu of Edunabon as condition precedent to the throne of my forefathers. After concluding all the traditional rites on the 19th of December, 2018.

“After pronouncement of my appointment as the Salu of Edunabon, Nasiru Adebayo filed a suit at the High Court of Justice, Ile-Ife challenging me alongside the state governor , Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs and the Chairman Ife North West Local Council Development Area. On the 16th of May , 2019, a judgement was delivered in my favour by his lordship Honourable Justice R.A Shiyanbola in which the case was dismissed for lack of merit”, the monarch explained