Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

what buhari told nigerian community in saudi arabia What Buhari told Nigerian community in Saudi Arabia buhari smiles 300x193

President Muhammadu Buhari says the sweeping offensive against drug trafficking will be sustained, urging Nigerians in diaspora to always provide information that will help the government to curb the menace.

Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, in a statement, said the President stated this when he received leaders of Nigerian Community in Saudi Arabia at the end of his Umrah trip on Tuesday.

Buhari stressed the need to intensify efforts toward exposing those involved in drug trafficking and illegal trade in the country, assuring that appropriate actions would be taken.

He said the recent exposure of a network of drug dealers operating at one of Nigeria’s international airports, who were discovered to be tagging bags filled with drugs in the name of innocent passengers, called for expansion of searchlights.

The President urged citizens to refrain from breaching the laws of Nigeria and other countries.

He said: “every country has its own unpatriotic citizens. In China and Saudi Arabia, the laws are stringent on these things.

“Our citizens must obey our laws. They must respect the laws of other jurisdictions and if they don’t, then they should blame themselves, not the harsh laws that they meet.’’

The President said he was grateful for the support and prayers of Nigerians in Saudi Arabia for wellbeing of the country, assuring them that his administration would do its best to secure the country, improve economy and fight corruption.

“We have tried in the war against terrorism and citizens in the Northeast are our best witnesses.

Agriculture is doing well, to the point that we are food self-sufficient, as a result helping the nation to save money on imports,” he added.

On the renewal of his mandate for a second term, President Buhari said he owed Nigerians a debt of gratitude.

“We are doing our best. I will continue to keep the trust of citizens. I am happy Nigerians have confidence in us.

The crowds I witnessed in my campaign across the 36 states were not staged. No amount of money could have generated that enthusiasm.

“I assure everyone that I will continue to do my best. I will keep the trust of Nigerians,’’ he said.

The leader of Nigerian diaspora community delegation, Alhaji Umar Dan Hadejia, congratulated the President on his second term re-election and promised their continued support.

The delegation listed a number of challenges they were facing in Saudi Arabia, including activities of drug traffickers.

He cited the recent incident of Miss Zainab Aliyu, whose name tag was attached to a drug-filled bag at the airport in Kano, leading to her arrest and prolonged detention in Saudi Arabia.

Zainab Aliyu was released after President Buhari’s intervention and had been reunited with her family.

President Buhari, who was bid farewell at the airport in Jeddah by the Governor, Prince Mashel Bin Majed Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, returned to Abuja on Tuesday evening

Loading...

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
6 Comments

6 Comments

  1. oprolevorter

    May 22, 2019 at 4:54 pm

    As a Newbie, I am permanently exploring online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you

  2. waterproof vibrators

    October 3, 2019 at 5:54 am

    Very neat blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.

  3. Ayurvedu

    November 11, 2019 at 11:45 pm

    Muchos Gracias for your blog post.Really looking forward to read more. Want more.

  4. https://www.mojosud.sk/

    March 27, 2020 at 6:02 pm

    Awesome post.Really looking forward to read more. Will read on…

  5. smoretraiolit

    April 12, 2020 at 5:32 pm

    Great tremendous things here. I am very satisfied to peer your post. Thanks a lot and i am having a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

  6. Mortgage Advisory

    May 28, 2020 at 11:20 pm

    Thank you ever so for you blog post.Much thanks again. Great.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

BREAKING: NCDC Confirms 553 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Now 9,855

Published

on

By

BREAKING: NCDC Confirms 553 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Now 9,855 NCDC 1

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 553 new cases of COVID-19 in the country, bringing the total number of infections to 9,855.

The NCDC made the announcement on Saturday night via its Twitter handle.

553 new cases of #COVID19; Lagos-378 FCT-52 Delta-23 Edo-22 Rivers-14 Ogun-13 Kaduna-12 Kano-9 Borno-7 Katsina-6 Jigawa-5 Oyo-5 Yobe-3 Plateau-3 Osun-1.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

INEC admits COVID-19 truncated Nigeria’s electoral process

Published

on

By

INEC admits COVID-19 truncated Nigeria’s electoral process mahmood yakubu 1

The Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has assured Nigerians that COVID-19 won’t truncate Nigeria’s democracy and the electoral process.

Yakubu spoke in Abuja at the INEC’s first virtual meeting with the Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) on Saturday.

The INEC Chairman, however, admitted that the virus disrupted INEC’s activities like other national institutions.

He said: “For instance, further engagements with the National Assembly and stakeholders on electoral reform and the conduct of some off-season elections have to be suspended because of the global health emergency.

“Happily, the PTF has issued guidelines on protective measures for the gradual restoration of normalcy nationwide.

”On that basis, the commission recently released its own policy on conducting elections in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The commission is convinced that electoral activities can resume, but in full compliance with the advisory issued by health authorities.

“Consequently, the Governorship elections in Edo and Ondo States scheduled for Sept. 19 and Oct. 10 respectively, will proceed as planned.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: