Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board () says it has not published the national and general minimum cut-off marks for placement of candidates into the nation’s tertiary institutions as was being speculated in some quarters.

The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an with the News Agency of (NAN) on Wednesday in .

According to him, there is no truth behind such speculations, adding that some persons, whom he described as fraudulent elements were behind the development with a ploy to defraud innocent Nigerians especially the candidates.

Benjamin said the cut-off marks could only be arrived at with the inputs of critical stakeholders in the education sector scheduled for days ahead.

READ ALSO  2019 UTME: JAMB issues strong warning to candidates

“We want to seize this opportunity to caution the public especially candidates, not to allow themselves to be swindled by these desperate individuals that are peddling this rumour.

“The board is yet to come up with any cut-off mark for placements into the various tertiary institutions across the country.

“The cut-off marks cannot be decided upon without the input of critical stakeholders of the education sector at an elaborate policy meeting,” he said.

Benjamin explained that the next policy meeting would be holding on Tuesday, June 11, at Gbongan in Osun.

He disclosed that already, preparations for the meeting had been concluded, adding that officials of the Ministry of Education were expected to attend.

READ ALSO  2019 UTME: ICPC launches investigation into malpractices, reveals what will happen to culprits

According to him, other key stakeholders were also expected to grace the occasion to determine the national cut-off mark.

The JAMB spokesman said that it was only after this had been achieved that the candidates would be availed of the cut-off marks of the various tertiary institutions across the country.

“The cut-off marks are the minimum expectation for every institution and that does not mean by attaining such cut-off mark, it therefore means an automatic placement into of first choice.

“We therefore want to appeal to the general public, especially the candidates not to prey to fraudsters.

“The board will continue to provide information to the public on its processes and activities at every stage,” Benjamin assured.

READ ALSO  Suicide: UNIBEN final-year student rushed to hospital after taking sniper

NAN reports that over 1.8 million candidates had registered for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation , UTME.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
55 Comments

55 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

#EndSARS: Again, NECO reschedules exam

Published

on

By

Again , the National Examinations Council has announced the rescheduling of the papers meant for Thursday , Friday and Saturday , attributing it to circumstances beyond its control .
This would be the second time NECO would be rescheduling the this week , the first being on Sunday .
The organisation said the affected papers would now be scheduled for November 17 , 18 and 2020 , while the timetable for the papers would be made available subsequently.
NECO Head of Information and Public Relations Division , Azeez Sani , made the announcement in a statement on Wednesday evening
He said, “ This is to inform the general public and especially candidates that NECO has been constrained by circumstances beyond its control , to reschedule the papers meant for Thursday 22 October 2020 , Friday 23 October 2020 and Saturday 24 October 2020 .
“ The affected papers are now scheduled for November 17 , 18 and 19 2020 . The examination time table for these papers will be made available subsequently.These changes were due to the security challenges , which led to the imposition of curfew and closure of by some state governments, in order to safeguard lives and properties. In the circumstances, it has become difficult for the council to move examination materials across the country .
“ The council prays that the examinations will continue on Tuesday 27 October 2020 , all things being equal, with the papers as originally scheduled in the examination time table . Any inconvenience caused is highly regretted .”

READ ALSO  Islamic group sends message to Christians

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

#EndSARS: NECO postpones examination

Published

on

By

The National Council (NECO) has announced the reschedule of Paper I Computer Studies Practicals which was to take place on Monday 19 October 2020 to November 16 2020.

This was made known in a statement by the Head, Information and Public Relations Division, NECO, Azeez Sani.

Sani said the paper was rescheduled because of the End SARS protests that blocked the free movement of transport at the entrance gate into Benin City, the Edo state capital.

He further stated that the NECO delivery truck left its take-off point two days earlier to deliver examination materials to some states but has been held up in the ‘blockage.

READ ALSO  Why Babcock students must pay N25,000 for COVID-19 test – Official

“This is to inform the general public and especially candidates that the National Examinations Council (NECO) has been constrained to reschedule the Paper I Computer Studies Practical’s earlier scheduled to take place on Monday 19 October 2020, 10 am to 1 pm.

“The examination of this paper will now hold on Monday 16 November 2020, 10 am-1 pm.

​”This unforeseen incident has been caused by the End SARS protest that blocked the free movement of transport at the City entrance gate Benin.

READ ALSO  JAMB Policy Meeting To Decide 2019 Cut-of Marks Holds June 11th

“The Council wishes to assure all stakeholders and the general public that the affected examination materials have been retrieved intact and are in the custody of NECO’s vault.

​”While regretting any inconveniences this rescheduling may cause our esteemed stakeholders, the Council has however taken this decision in order to maintain the integrity and security of its examinations procedures for seamless conduct of the Council’s examination.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: