Anthony Joshua gives latest update on rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

British fighter, has provided the latest update on his rematch with Mexican fighter, Jr.

The 29-year-old disclosed that he wants his rematch with Ruiz to take place in Cardiff.

Joshua’s world heavyweight title reign and unbeaten record were ended by a stunning defeat to Ruiz Jr in in June this year.

Ruiz never wanted an Anthony Joshua rematch in the UK.

DAILY POST had reported last week that promoter, Eddie Hearn, had confirmed that Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr will take place at a neutral venue.

“Ruiz, I’ve seen he’s done a lot of talking about what he wants, but he don’t call the shots in that sense, it’s a team effort,” Joshua told Sky .

“It’s fine, I don’t mind fighting him in America, I’ve done it before, and I’d love to fight here because I had no reason to go in the first place. I went there off my own back, so for the rematch now, I would love it to be in Cardiff, however, [if] it’s going to be on neutral ground, Ruiz is the champ, we’ll kind of make some calls as well in that situation.

“But I’m going to battle for it to be in the UK, because it’s my stomping ground. I done one out there, so let’s do the rematch here.

“I think it will be amazing before the year is out and I’ll definitely be having a lovely new year with my family.”

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sport

LaLiga: Zidane reacts as El Clasico fixture with Barcelona is postponed

Published

on

By

LaLiga: Zidane reacts as El Clasico fixture with Barcelona is postponed Zidane 1024x576

Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has insisted his focus is firmly on Saturday’s LaLiga trip to Mallorca, despite the controversy over the postponement of ‘El Clasico’ later this month.

Los Blancos’ clash with rivals Barcelona is set to be moved to December.

The original clash was called off, due to fears over civil unrest involving pro-independence protesters in Catalonia.

But Zidane said his side will simply “adapt” to any new date.

“In the end, I believe the most important thing is tomorrow.

“We know what has happened in the past two weeks with injured players but we will prepare to play a good game,” Zidane told reporters.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sport

LaLiga: Messi confirms he won’t sign lifetime contract at Barcelona

Published

on

By

LaLiga: Messi confirms he won’t sign lifetime contract at Barcelona messi

Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, has said he will not sign a lucrative lifetime deal with the club.

The Catalan club were prepared to offer the deal to their greatest ever player, which would ensure he finishes his football at the Nou Camp.

Messi’s current deal still has two years to run, but Barca are confident that the 32-year-old can still play at his prime beyond the upcoming 2022 World Cup.

However, Messi made a rare public appearance on Argentine radio station Metro 95.1, to feature on the ‘dogs of the street’ broadcast.

And he said: “It is true that Barcelona proposed me a contract for life, but what I said was that I do not want a contract that binds me like that.

“I want to be fine to continue playing and to continue fighting for goals here. Being here I can be for life, but not with a contract. Here I would stay a lifetime.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: