How Army Captain ordered killing of three policemen, civilian
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

 

NAIJAsurf Wears

 

How Army Captain ordered killing of three policemen, civilian How Army Captain ordered killing of three policemen, civilian Nigerian army Soldiers scaled600x400 300x200Fresh information has emerged on what really went down between operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team and some soldiers along Ibi-Jalingo Road, Taraba State on Wednesday, leading to the shooting and subsequent death of three operatives and a civilian.
According to security agents, the order to attack the policemen, who were on lawful duty to apprehend a suspected kidnap kingpin, Alhaji Hamisu Wadume, within the Ibi general area, was ordered by a Captain of the Nigerian Army, who is a friend of Wadume.
The army Captain, it was learnt, is not just a friend, but also on Wadume’s pay roll.
According to sources, the operatives, while heading to Ibi village to make the arrest, encountered military men at three checkpoints.
They introduced themselves, chatted with them and exchanged pleasantries as sister-forces.
It was soldiers at one of those checkpoints that also pulled the killing triggers on the operatives while they were returning with their suspect.
A source disclosed: “The road to Ibi village is very narrow and only that road leads to the village.
“You have to pass through it to enter or leave the village.
“Ibi is a small village.
“That was why when the operatives encountered the soldiers at the three checkpoints, introduced themselves and what they came for.
“They chatted, joked and exchanged pleasantries.
“The arrest was made within 20 minutes and while they were returning, soldiers at the first and second checkpoints asked them if they were already through.
“The soldiers and operatives know one another, but the phone call from a top military personnel changed everything.”
Our reporter gathered that the operatives were attacked at the third military checkpoint in the village.
It was further learnt that the operatives were taken unaware.
When the soldiers allegedly opened fire on the operatives’ bus, the shocked driver lost control of his wheel and the bus somersaulted.
Operatives, who were fast enough to crawl out of the damaged vehicle fled into the bush.
The soldiers, when they got to the scene, realised those at the scene were still alive.
They shot three operatives and a civilian among them at close range.
“Two of the recovered corpses had bullet holes in their stomach, the other two had bullet holes in their chests.
Ibi is a small community and within a twinkle of an eye, the scene of the accident and attack was swarming with people.
The soldiers labelled the operatives kidnappers, leading to jubilation.
The arrival of the people to the scene actually saved the lives of two operatives, who had earlier crawled to hide.
It was gathered that they would have been shot dead too, but for the crowd.
Rather, they were taken to a part of Army base, where deliberation was made on whether to kill them.
One of the soldiers told his colleagues that killing them would be too risky because most of the villagers caught them alive on their smart phones.
He told them that the videos would give them away.
The soldiers reluctantly took them to hospital.
A security source said: “The three IRT operatives were brutally murdered while on investigation duty in Taraba State by personnel of the Nigerian Army.
“It is believed that these soldiers and their boss are working for Wadume.
“The operatives, who were on a follow up to an ongoing kidnapping investigation, led by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, Felix Adolije, went to Taraba State with investigation activities letter.
“They were ambushed by the soldiers.
“Preliminary investigation showed that the kidnap kingpin, who is presently on the run, has many security personnel in Ibi, Taraba State on his pay roll.
“Operatives got to Police Headquarters in Jalingo and perfected their papers as professionals.
“They then proceeded to Ibi Town, Taraba State, in their operational Toyota Hummer Bus.
“When the operatives got to Ibi town, they booked their arrival at the police station and proceeded with assistance from a policeman attached to them in the state headquarters, Jalingo to trace and arrest Alhaji Hamisu, who is wanted because he is linked to several kidnappings in Taraba State, including a recent kidnapping, where N100 million was collected as ransom.
“After arresting Wadume, the operatives were heading to police headquarters at Jalingo, when gang members of Wadume, who are close to an Army Captain serving in Ibi town, called the Army Officer and told him that his friend has been kidnapped.
“Without any verification or inquiries, the Army Captain ordered his men along the highway to ambush the policemen.
“Thus, as the team was moving along Ibi-Jalingo Road, they came under hail of bullets from soldiers.
“The soldiers came from behind with another vehicle.
“As a result the operatives’ bus summersaulted.
“Thereafter, two police officers and one civilian agent were shot to death by the soldiers at close range.
“The policemen were shot despite presenting their police identification cards.
“These policemen also wore police jackets.
“All the operatives were alive when their vehicles somersaulted.
“Two operatives, Inspector Mark Idiale and Inspector Abah Mathias, were seriously injured with bullets.
“They are now receiving treatment at General Hospital, Wukari, Taraba State.
“Policemen from Ibi Area Command responded to calls and took the injured and dead officers to the hospital.
“The Wadume, who was rescued and released by the soldiers, is presently on the run.”
It is believed that Wadume and other members of his gang escaped with him to a location outside Ibi town.
One AK47 Rifle and two pistols belonging to the late Police Officers were carted away by the gang members of Wadume who came to the scene with the soldiers, while two of the police AK47 rifles are with the soldiers as admitted by one of their personnel at the scene.
Following the killings of the policemen, the military high command came with a press release, attempting to exonerate their men.
This forced the Nigerian Force to come with a stiff counter press statement, raising posers and demanding answers to several puzzles in the case, one of which was the demand for military to present Wadume.
Force Spokesman and a Deputy Commissioner of Police, Frank Mba, mentioned the names of the murdered policemen as Inspector Mark Edaile from Edo State, Sergeant Usman Danzumi from Taraba State and Sergeant Dahiru Musa from Taraba State.
Mba said: “The gallant, outstanding IRT team attacked by soldiers in Taraba State consists of some of the most disciplined, proficient and hardworking police investigators in the service of the nation. Until their untimely death in the hands of soldiers of 93 Battalion Takum, Taraba State, these officers have participated in several high profile and high risk arrests, rescue missions and investigative operations.”
The FPRO listed some of the operations to include the arrest of Nigeria’s most notorious kidnap kingpin, Evans; arrest of 22 Boko Haram terrorists responsible for the 2014 kidnapping of the Chibok schoolgirls in Borno State; arrest of Umar Abdulmalik, the overall Boko Haram Commander in the North Central and several of his group members; and arrest of the kidnappers of two American and two Canadian citizens in Kaduna State.
He stressed: “And most recently, the rescue of Magajin Garin Daura in Kano State and arrest of 13 terrorists responsible for the kidnapping of the Magajin Garin Daura in his hometown, Daura, Katsina State on 1st May 2019, among many other outstanding feats.”
This is the first time in many years of the cold war between police and soldiers that the police appeared ready to throw their weight behind their men and demand for the truth and justice.
On October 4, 2014, soldiers and policemen had a confrontation at Area C Police Command, Ojuelegba barracks, where many policemen were killed.
The attack was later described as a massacre.
The soldiers set the station on fire, freed detainees and allowed police armoury to be looted.
Policemen at the station, who survived, either hid in toilets or fled through windows and back ways.
Till date, no soldier was arrested the death of the policemen and burning of the station.
When the military responded, it stated unknown soldiers.
When the police hierarchy finally reacted to the case, it claimed it was still investigating.
Also, some years ago, three policemen, including the Divisional Police Officer of Badagry, were shot dead by soldiers

Badagry, were shot dead by soldiers from nearby barracks and as was the norm, it turned out to be activities of unknown soldiers.
Till date, no soldier had been arrested.
The murder of the three operatives and their civilian friend followed by viral videos of the scene of the attack, has generated a buzz in the social media and among members of the Civil Society Organisations.
A human rights activist, Okechukwu Nwanguma, who is the Executive Director of Rule of Law and Accountability Advocacy Centre, while speaking on the matter, said: “There are many reasons to doubt the Nigerian Army’s claims of ‘mistaken identity’ as excuse for the murder of the IRT operatives.
“That plea does not explain why they shot at the officers at close range and continued to maltreat the ones battling for life after being shot even after they identified themselves as police officers.
“It does not also explain the immediate release of the arrested kidnap suspect.
“There is something fishy.
“They probably have something to cover which only an independent and impartial inquiry, perhaps, a judicial panel of inquiry will unravel.
“There have been allegations of diversion of security funds, military and security agencies’ collusion/involvement in crime and sabotage of efforts to combat kidnapping and insurgency.
“Nigerians should insist on this matter not being covered up like previous cases.
“There’s the need to unravel the motive, and other circumstance surrounding this tragedy and identify appropriate measures to end interagency rivalry and also identify, isolate and neutralise saboteurs of the fight against insecurity in Nigeria.”

Loading...

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Nigeria to extradite 80 citizens accused of fraud in USA – Dabiri-Erewa

Published

on

By

Nigeria to extradite 80 citizens accused of fraud in USA – Dabiri-Erewa Dabiri Erewa 1024x576

The Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa, on Friday declared that the Nigerian Government will extradite about eighty Nigerians who have been accused of perpetrating fraud in some parts of United States of America (USA).

NAIJAsurf Wears

Dabiri-Erewa made this declaration in a statement she personally signed, a copy of which was made available to DAILY POST.

We reported that the USA authorities, had yesterday released about 80 names of some Nigerians, accused of perpetrating fraud in the country.

But, Dabiri-Erewa while reacting, urged the accused persons to voluntarily turn themselves into the USA authorities in order to clear their names.

Dabiri-Erewa in the statement, however, maintained that failure to do so, the Nigerian government would find means to extradite those accused if relevant international treaties between the two countries are invoked.

Dabiri-Erewa in the statement entitled, “re: arrest of alleged Nigerian fraudsters in various parts of the United’ States OF America”, said that the commission would continue to monitor the case closely.

She said, “The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission is deeply concerned about the news of the court indictment of 80 persons, mainly Nigerians, in various parts of the US, being accused in separate FBI cases of massive email fraud and money laundering.

“Prior to the court indictment of these eighty persons, of which Valentine Iro and Chukwudi Christogunis Igbokwe are lead suspects, Obinwanne Okeke had earlier been arrested in Virginia.

“We acknowledge the fact that accusation does not mean guilt, and we hope that all the accused will be given fair and speedy trial. We also ask those accused in Nigeria to voluntarily turn themselves in, to American authorities to clear their names, without which the Nigerian government should extradite them if relevant international treaties between the two governments are invoked.

“While such actions ultimately have negative effect on the image of the country, the Commission however reiterates as it has always done, that the actions of a few Nigerians involved in criminal activities is not and can never be what the majority of Nigerians represent. We advise and we continuously resist any stereotyping of Nigeria and Nigerians generally.

“The Commission will continue to monitor the case closely.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects

Published

on

By

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects download 2

The United States government has released full details and identities of the 80 suspected fraudsters, with many being Nigerians, arrested in the country.

NAIJAsurf Wears

FBI named Valentine Iro, 31, and Chukwudi Christogunus Igbokwe, 38, both Nigerian citizens as lead suspects, adding that the duo allegedly coordinated with others to launder the funds from victims.

DAILY POST reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in a press statement released in Los Angeles, California on Thursday by US attorney, Nick Hanna announced it has arrested, “many Nigerians”, in an ongoing investigation related to fraud cases.

Hanna said the fraud cases involved suspects colluding with federal and state agents, to dupe unsuspecting victims of their money.

He said a total of 80 suspects “many of whom are from Nigeria”, have been arrested and charged to court with 57 more being hunted globally.

According to a full statement released by the US authorities, the suspects either played major roles in the alleged fraud or acted as accomplices.

The statement read: “This case is part of our ongoing efforts to protect Americans from fraudulent online schemes and to bring to justice those who prey upon American citizens and businesses.

“Today, we have taken a major step to disrupt criminal networks that use BEC schemes, romance scams and other frauds to fleece victims. This indictment sends a message that we will identify perpetrators – no matter where they reside – and we will cut off the flow of ill-gotten gains.”

“Investigations revealed that members of the conspiracy sometimes wired funds to other bank accounts under their control or withdrew same as cash or negotiable instruments such as cashier’s checks.

“The suspects often “used illicit money exchangers to move funds overseas, generally avoiding transferring the funds directly through banking institutions, the indictment alleges.

“To do this, Iro and Igbokwe coordinated the transfer of a victim’s funds from a fraudulent bank account they controlled to US bank accounts belonging to illicit money exchangers.

“Those money exchangers, in turn, used a Nigerian banking application to transfer other funds in naira (₦), the currency of Nigeria, from Nigerian bank accounts they controlled to the Nigerian bank accounts specified by Iro and Igbokwe,” the statement said.

Here are the names of the Nigerian suspects indicted in the alleged fraud case:

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 1 3

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 1 2

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 2

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 3

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 4

FBI releases list of 80 Nigerians arrested for fraud, names lead suspects Image 5

Loading...
  • https://headlines.ng/how-army-captain-ordered-killing-of-three-policemen-civilian/
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: