Woman killed during gun battle between police and suspected kidnappers in Lagos
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

 

 

Woman killed during gun battle between police and suspected kidnappers in Lagos Woman killed during gun battle between police and suspected kidnappers in Lagos Bala Elkana e1558288094215 300x191A 30-year-old woman, Busayo Owoodun, was killed on Saturday, in a cross-fire between the police and suspected kidnappers in Lagos State, the Police Command in the state has said.
DSP Bala Elkana, Spokesman, for the command who confirmed the incident in a statement, said that the woman was hit by a stray bullet in Ijegun area of the state.
According to Elkana, at about 2:55pm, a team of policemen from the Anti-Kidnapping Unit attached to Area “M” Command, Idimu, tracked some kidnapping suspects to Ijegun Bus Stop, Ijegun – Isolo Road.
He said the police team came under attack by members of the deadly gang.
Elkana said that the gang, with the support of some notorious cultists in the area, attacked the security operatives and injured the team leader, ASP Victor Ugbegun.
He added that two other policemen who sustained injuries, were currently in critical condition at the intensive care unit of an undisclosed hospital.
He added: “The police team had reinforcements from operations department, Rapid Response Squads, Task Force and neighbouring divisions and were able to contain the situation and evacuate the injured officers to hospital.
“The command has launched a manhunt of the assailants with a view to bringing them to justice.
“The corpse of the victim of the stray bullet was taken to hospital for autopsy.”
Elkana said the state Commissioner of Police had ordered investigation into the case and condoled with the family of the deceased.

Loading...

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. ปั้มไลค์

    August 22, 2019 at 4:10 pm

    Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash

Published

on

By

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash dedf9443 house of representatives 696x522

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash dedf9443 house of representatives 696x522 300x225

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash

The House of Representatives has summoned the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar to brief it on the immediate and remote causes of the crash that occurred last week in Enugu.
This was discloses in a statement by the Chairman, House committee on Air Force, Hon. Shehu Koko.
He described the incident as ill-fated and unfortunate
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) had tweeted Thursday that a training helicopter belonging to the NAF crashed in Enugu State after returning from a routine exercise.
In its tweet, the force claimed that the cause of the incident was still unknown, though no casualty was recorded.
The tweet read, “The Helicopter has crashed on landing in Enugu after a routine flight today. Fortunately, there were no fatalities or injuries to any crewmember or persons on the ground.”
In his statement yesterday, Koko assured the NAF that the lower chamber would investigate the remote cause of the ugly incident to avoid future reoccurrence.
Koko said the committee was disturbed that such incident occurred at a time when the NAF had assured the parliament and the nation that the force was fully prepared to take on insecurity head-on and bring an end to it in collaboration with other sister agencies.
“We therefore invite the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar to brief the committee on the immediate and remote causes of the crash.
“The date for the interface shall be communicated through the Secretariat in due course,” the statement sa

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Buhari finally reacts to alleged sack of Osinbajo’s aides [VIDEO]

Published

on

By

Buhari finally reacts to alleged sack of Osinbajo’s aides [VIDEO] buhari speaks 1024x683 3

President Muhammadu Buhari has explained that 35 aides were not sacked from the Office of the Vice President instead they were redeployed to a new ministry.

The President who fielded questions from NTA State House Correspondent at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, upon his return from a private visit from the United Kingdom described the interpretations of his directives as a sack as ‘unfortunate’.

The President described what happened as a re-organisation and not a sacking, stressing that, a new ministry has recently been created, that is, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

“They said 35 people were sacked in the Vice President’s office but we just created a ministry and we reorganized but people are giving it an ethnic and political dimension. It is unfortunate,” the President said.

It would be recalled that while media report had widely reported the sack of 35 aides including the circulation of a list of those sack, informed sources insisted that what the President directed was a redeployment and not a sack.

The President’s comment in the NTA interview last night on arrival from his UK private trip indicated that although some Presidential aides had confirmed the sacking of 35 aides, the President only gave express instructions for redeployment to ministries not sacking.

Meanwhile, President Buhari assured Nigerians that he was more energized and ready for work. “We are going to work harder to be accountable and try to make Nigerians see why we do certain things. Accountability from bottom to top is absolutely necessary,” he said.

It would be recalled that some people had falsely reported and claimed that President Buhari had sacked 35 aides in the Office of the Vice President to whittle down the powers and influence of the Vice President.

Some also claimed that the sacking of the 35 aides were to reduce the influence of the Vice President ahead of 2023 elections and were masterminded by a certain cabal with the Presidency.

The Presidency has however always maintained that the President and his deputy, Prof Osinbajo enjoy a very good relationship.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: