Nigerian pilgrim slumps, die in Saudi Arabia
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The State Amirul Hajj, Dr AbdulLateef AbdulHakeem, on Sunday confirmed the death of a pilgrim from the state, who slumped and died early on Sunday.

The deceased, identified as Alhaja Folashade Lawal, from Oshodi Local Government Area of Lagos State, died while heading to Jumarat to perform one of the Islamic rites, throwing pebbles at 3. a.m.

“We were told she slumped on her way to Jamarat to throw pebbles but unfortunately she gave up from that point.

“Doctors told us that she had high blood pressure,” AbdulHakeem told the News Agency of (NAN) in Mina, Saudi Arabia.

The amirul hajj could not immediately confirm if the 56-year-old woman was receiving medical attention before the incident.

He disclosed, however, that all pilgrims from Lagos State made it to Arafat, saying that even a lady who had brain surgery was brought to Arafat in an ambulance to perform the religious obligation.

“You know when death comes, there is nothing you can do. We always told them to be mindful of their medical situations and avoid whatever that will bring stress to them.

is religion of peace and Allah has made things easy for us in the performance of hajj.

“That’s when it comes to throwing of pebbles you can delegate. It is one of the assignments that you can delegate. You cannot delegate Arafat but you can delegate throwing of pebbles.

“You cannot blame anybody for going to throw pebbles and dying along the road. Death will come when it will.

“As Muslims we believe that Allah knows why He has taken her life. We believe that she has gone at the best time, even though we desired Allah had prolonged her life because her sins had just been washed away.

“If you perform Arafat, you are coming out from Arafat like the way your mother gave birth to you.

“While she is in a state of Ihiram, Allah took her life. So we commiserate with the members of her family and pray that Allah will grant her Al janat Firdaus.’’

The amirul hajj announced that arrangements were in top gear for the performance of funeral prayer for the deceased at Ka’abah, where the Lagos State contingent would be in attendance and thereafter take her body to the cemetery in Makkah.

AbdulHakeem said that the Lagos contingent would start returning to Nigeria from Aug. 17.

He said that the hajj operation had been successful so far, praising Islamic scholars, who had been enlightening the pilgrims on various religious obligations and how to conduct themselves.

“On the return journey, Lagos contingent will be the first to be airlifted back to Nigeria. So we expect the first flight to depart by 7 a.m. on Aug. 17.’’

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. ปั้มไลค์

    August 22, 2019 at 4:16 pm

    Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

  2. StevMabs

    October 1, 2019 at 7:56 pm

    Lioresal Vente En France [url=http://durazy.com]online pharmacy[/url] Amoxil Without Prescription

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash

Published

on

By

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash dedf9443 house of representatives 696x522

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash dedf9443 house of representatives 696x522 300x225

House Summons Chief of Air Staff over Helicopter Crash

The House of Representatives has summoned the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar to brief it on the immediate and remote causes of the crash that occurred last week in Enugu.
This was discloses in a statement by the Chairman, House committee on Air Force, Hon. Shehu Koko.
He described the incident as ill-fated and unfortunate
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) had tweeted Thursday that a training helicopter belonging to the NAF crashed in Enugu State after returning from a routine exercise.
In its tweet, the force claimed that the cause of the incident was still unknown, though no casualty was recorded.
The tweet read, “The Helicopter has crashed on landing in Enugu after a routine flight today. Fortunately, there were no fatalities or injuries to any crewmember or persons on the ground.”
In his statement yesterday, Koko assured the NAF that the lower chamber would investigate the remote cause of the ugly incident to avoid future reoccurrence.
Koko said the committee was disturbed that such incident occurred at a time when the NAF had assured the parliament and the nation that the force was fully prepared to take on insecurity head-on and bring an end to it in collaboration with other sister agencies.
“We therefore invite the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar to brief the committee on the immediate and remote causes of the crash.
“The date for the interface shall be communicated through the Secretariat in due course,” the statement sa

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Buhari finally reacts to alleged sack of Osinbajo’s aides [VIDEO]

Published

on

By

Buhari finally reacts to alleged sack of Osinbajo’s aides [VIDEO] buhari speaks 1024x683 3

President Muhammadu Buhari has explained that 35 aides were not sacked from the Office of the Vice President instead they were redeployed to a new ministry.

The President who fielded questions from NTA State House Correspondent at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, upon his return from a private visit from the United Kingdom described the interpretations of his directives as a sack as ‘unfortunate’.

The President described what happened as a re-organisation and not a sacking, stressing that, a new ministry has recently been created, that is, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

“They said 35 people were sacked in the Vice President’s office but we just created a ministry and we reorganized but people are giving it an ethnic and political dimension. It is unfortunate,” the President said.

It would be recalled that while media report had widely reported the sack of 35 aides including the circulation of a list of those sack, informed sources insisted that what the President directed was a redeployment and not a sack.

The President’s comment in the NTA interview last night on arrival from his UK private trip indicated that although some Presidential aides had confirmed the sacking of 35 aides, the President only gave express instructions for redeployment to ministries not sacking.

Meanwhile, President Buhari assured Nigerians that he was more energized and ready for work. “We are going to work harder to be accountable and try to make Nigerians see we do certain things. Accountability from bottom to top is absolutely necessary,” he said.

It would be recalled that some people had falsely reported and claimed that President Buhari had sacked 35 aides in the Office of the Vice President to whittle down the powers and influence of the Vice President.

Some also claimed that the sacking of the 35 aides were to reduce the influence of the Vice President ahead of 2023 elections and were masterminded by a certain cabal with the Presidency.

The Presidency has however always maintained that the President and his deputy, Prof Osinbajo enjoy a very good relationship.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: