The Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has condemned the attack on the former deputy , Ike Ekweremadu, in Nuremberg Germany.

Senator Ekweremadu, who was attending the 2nd Annual Igbo Cultural Festival as a speaker and special guest of honour at the event organised by the Ndi-Igbo Germany community, was beaten up and publicly humiliated.

Dabiri-Erewa in a statement on Saturday described the incident as an embarrassment to the country.

She stated that some of the culprits who perpetrated the act had been apprehended and called on the German government and law enforcement agencies to ensure they faced the consequences of their actions.

The statement reads, “It is also shamefully pathetic that an event which was nobly put together by the Ndi-Igbo community in Germany whose members make up the majority of Nigerians living in Germany, to amongst other things provide a forum for the Diasporans and various stakeholders to and to facilitate a better cooperation between German and Nigerian businesses, ended up in such a disgraceful manner.”

She appealed to Nigerians to be of good behaviour wherever they find themselves “because such incidents tarnish the image of the country.”

1. Ade Tuyo

August 24, 2019 at 3:03 pm

A man of the people, the man after our heart. Senator ike Ekweremadu has been a source of joy to many through his quality representation and humanitarian services organised through his foundation.

2. Rabiu Ali

August 24, 2019 at 3:22 pm

The argument here is that Ike Ekweremadu was there as 2nd in command of the Senate when his people: the indigenous People of Biafra were proscribed as terrorist group by the Zoo judiciary dominated by Fulani people.

3. tinyurl.com

November 23, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really loved surfing
    around your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I’m hoping you write again very soon!

4. tinyurl.com

November 24, 2019 at 9:52 am

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?

I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

5. with coconut oil

November 25, 2019 at 5:20 am

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest
    writing a blog article or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think
    we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested
    feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing
    from you! Terrific blog by the way!

November 26, 2019 at 9:28 am

For hottest information you have to go to see web and on internet I found this
    web page as a finest site for most recent updates.

7. ps4 games

November 28, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Keep on writing, great job!

8. ps4 games

November 30, 2019 at 9:49 am

What’s up, after reading this awesome paragraph i am
    also glad to share my experience here with friends.

November 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm

Hi there everybody, here every one is sharing such know-how, so it’s fastidious to read
    this web site, and I used to visit this webpage all the time.

December 7, 2019 at 1:49 pm

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

11. ps4 games

December 11, 2019 at 2:36 am

My brother recommended I might like this website.
    He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how
    much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

12. coconut oil

December 15, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

13. coconut oil

December 16, 2019 at 7:35 am

You have made some really good points there. I checked on the net to learn more about
    the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views
    on this site.

14. plenty of fish vs match.com free trial

December 30, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Excellent site you have here but I was wanting to know
    if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics talked about here?
    I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Thanks!

15. sling tv

January 3, 2020 at 4:53 am

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something which not enough folks are speaking intelligently
    about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something
    relating to this.

16. sling tv

January 7, 2020 at 5:56 am

I like looking through a post that can make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for permitting me to comment!

17. sling tv

January 18, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Tremendous issues here. I am very glad to look your post.
    Thanks so much and I am having a look ahead to touch you.
    Will you please drop me a mail?

Lagos: Why okada, keke ban will not be reversed – Dep gov, Hamzat

Lagos: Why okada, keke ban will not be reversed – Dep gov, Hamzat 20200215 043819

The Lagos State Government has stated that the ban on commercial motorcycles (okada) and tricycles (keke) in Lagos metropolis will not be reversed.

Deputy Gov. Obafemi Hamzat, in a statement on Friday, said this was because the government was determined to reduce accidents and vices associated.

Hamzat noted that the ban would promote security of lives and that the decision was taken after evaluating the rate of crime and accidents recorded.

He said: “It is not to punish anybody or restrict people from doing certain jobs; the reality is that people are dying, security of our children is being compromised, and the government must act.

“What this administration is doing is just to enforce the law that the House of Assembly passed which must have been vigorously scrutinised.

“The ban is in accordance with the Lagos State Transport Reform Law of 2012. The law that has been in existence since 2012.

“The law says that commercial motorcycles and tricycles are restrained from plying major highways, certain roads and all bridges,” he said.

“The law was revisited due to the scary figures of fatal accidents in the state as against the claims that the ban was targeted at anyone or group.

“We have 27 general hospitals in Lagos and close to 3,000 private hospitals.

“Using the statistics from the general hospitals alone, an average of 28 deaths related to okada are recorded monthly. It is therefore important for us as a government to act.”

Hamzat noted that said motorcycles and tricycles were being used by some unpatriotic citizens as tools for crime such as theft and drug trafficking.

He said that the modes of transportation were becoming avenues to commit crimes and the government would not wait until major disasters would happen before acting.

“We get calls through our emergency control centres as early as 6:00a.m. from people going to who are being robbed and harassed through motorcycles,” the deputy governor added.

Presidency suspends NBC DG, Kawu

Presidency suspends NBC DG, Kawu NBC DG Ishaq Modibbo Kawu

Presidency suspends NBC DG, Kawu NBC DG Ishaq Modibbo Kawu 300x179

The Presidency has suspended the Director – General of the National Broadcasting Commission, Mallam Ishaq Modibbo Kawu , sources told
Sources in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation said Modibbo reportedly got the suspension letter within the week but had been battling to have it reversed .
“ I have confirmed from the relevant department , it is true that the DG of NBC, Mallam Ishaq Modibbo Kawu , was ordered to be suspended by the ( Maj . Gen . Muhammadu Buhari ( retd . ) following series of petitions and allegations against him ,” a source in the SGF office stated .
Yet , another source said he was asked to “step aside” following investigation of the petitions against him.
The suspension came many months after an ongoing prosecution of Kawu by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other -Related Offences Commission for alleged corruption .
Consequently , the Director ( Broadcast Monitoring ) , Armstrong Idachaba, was said to have been directed to act pending the outcome of the case .
When  visited the NBC on Friday , the issue was being discussed in hushed tones among staff members .
But when contacted, the spokesperson for NBC, Ekanem Antia , told our correspondent that he would not speak on the issue as according to him , he did not have details of the allegation .
“I am not aware ( of it) , as we speak now . I don ’t have any document on my table to confirm ( it) . But we will issue a statement if at all it is true. The office is still working ; we are all in the office . Everybody is in their department ,” he said .
Several calls later put across to him didn ’t go through as his telephone line indicated that it was switched off.
Last year, a civil rights organisation under the aegis of Coalition Against Corruption and Bad Governance, said it had made a fresh discovery of 16 illegal slots of radio licences approved by the NBC DG.
The organisation had alleged that while six slots were for his private company, Word, Sound and Vision Multimedia Limited , another 10 were approved for companies which did not apply or were not on the list approved by Buhari .
The chairman of CACOBAG , Alhaji Toyin Raheem , who raised the issue in a statement issued in Abuja , claimed that a former SGF was one of the 10 beneficiaries of the radio licences recently doled out by NBC .
The CSO asked the Presidency to direct anti -corruption agencies , including the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and ICPC to investigate its findings .
But Antia had said the allegations were not new as the same group had petitioned ICPC .
The ICPC had urged the Federal Government to suspend Kawu and 32 other public officers / civil servants undergoing corruption trial at the time .
The commission had arraigned Kawu and two others , Dipo Onifade and Lucky Omoluwa , on alleged N 2. 5bn fraud.
They are being prosecuted on 12 counts for allegedly conspiring with one another to use the position of Kawu to confer a corrupt advantage on Omoluwa , his friend and associate , for which they pleaded not guilty and were granted bail .
The anti – graft agency also charged Kawu for allegedly deceiving Mohammed to sign the deal.
The embattled NBC boss allegedly asked Mohammed to approve payment of N2 .5 bn to Pinnacle Communications Limited owned by Omoluwa as “Seed Grant ” under the Digital Switch- Over Programme of the Federal Government .
The suspended DG has