Xenophobia: Nigerian community raises alarm over fresh violence in South Africa | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

As fresh wave of attacks against foreigners resume on Sunday, the Union South Africa (NUSA) has urged Nigerians residing in that country to stay away from hot spots where the ongoing violent protest march by the Zulu Hostel dwellers in Johannesburg was taking place.

The Publicity Secretary of the union, Mr Habib Miller, who gave the advice in an with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in , said it was it was necessary to avoid a repeat of what happened last week.

“This afternoon, the Zulu Hostel dwellers walked out and disrupted a gathering which was being addressed by Inkatha Freedom Party Emeritus, Mr Mangosuthu Buthelezi.

“They are now marching around Jules Street towards taxi rank and Bramfontein chanting `foreigners must leave the country’.

“The protest is still ongoing in different part of Johannesburg.

“We’ve warned and alerted our people and their structure through various media.

“The Police need to be proactive this time around so that lives and properties of people, especially, foreign nationals will be protected.

“Our mission in Johannesburg has been informed,” Miller told NAN on telephone.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Adebanjo reveals real reason behind Buhari’s new attitude towards Osinbajo, says Nigeria should break up

Published

on

By

Adebanjo reveals real reason behind Buhari’s new attitude towards Osinbajo, says Nigeria should break up Pa Ayo Adebanjo 1024x717

A chieftain of the Yoruba apex socio-cultural organization, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has noted that constitutional crisis in and the imbalance in the polity are the main cause of agitation for a break-up by different groups in the country.

The lawyer and elder statesman said that it would be better if the country breaks up since the leaders refuse to restructure it.

According to him, “I have no objection to breaking up. People are talking of breaking up because the term of coming together has been abrogated by the northern Muslims who are dominating us,” he was quoted by Sun.

“This is why the young elements, extremists in the South- East, South – South, South –West and the Middle Belt are yearning for break-up just because of their refusal to yield to our demand of peaceful co-existence.”

On the recently reported crisis in the Presidency and the news of Vice , Prof Yemi Osinbajo falling out of favour with Muhammadu Buhari, the elder statesman blamed the constitution for the ’s action.

According to him, “It is just what I have said earlier. They are the people who aided and abetted the implementation of the wrong constitution because they give them the crumbs of the power. It is this constitution that empowers the president to make the vice president a market master. Whatever you are doing, the bottom line is the constitution.

“If it is not this constitution, would the president be doing all that; is it not the constitution that gives him all the powers; a constitution that makes him the most powerful head of state in the whole world.

“I have said it several times and I’m repeating it, we said it should be changed, but you say, no. This is not the constitution the founding fathers of the nation gave us.

“I say it again, the constitution that Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello gave us is what we want to return to, and I have challenged him whether he is more intelligent than Sardauna, but he has not answered.

“Is he telling us that the constitution that Sardauna gave us is a wrong constitution, Sardauna was not as intelligent as he is now; or he is a more northerner than former premier or a more Muslim than the late premier?

“It was the constitution that they all agreed to live in peace and that was after a crisis in the country, leading the colonial office to draw all the leaders to London.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

CASH-LESS POLICY NOT INTENDED TO PUNISH HARDWORKING NIGERIAN BUSINESSES – CBN GOV

Published

on

By

cash-less policy not intended to punish hardworking nigerian businesses – cbn gov CASH-LESS POLICY NOT INTENDED TO PUNISH HARDWORKING NIGERIAN BUSINESSES – CBN GOV Godwin Emefiele NTB

The Governor of the Central Bank Of , CBN, Godwin Emefiele has assured Nigerians that the new cashless policy by the country’s apex bank was “not intended to punish hard working Nigerian businesses”

Image result for Godwin Emefiele cash-less policy not intended to punish hardworking nigerian businesses – cbn gov CASH-LESS POLICY NOT INTENDED TO PUNISH HARDWORKING NIGERIAN BUSINESSES – CBN GOV Godwin Emefiele NTB

Mr. Emefiele gave the assurance while be briefing newsmen today, September 20, 2019, on the decisions of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).

According to the CBN boss, the Financial body introduced the new policy to further deepen financial inclusion in country.

Image result for CBN cash-less policy not intended to punish hardworking nigerian businesses – cbn gov CASH-LESS POLICY NOT INTENDED TO PUNISH HARDWORKING NIGERIAN BUSINESSES – CBN GOV central bank of nigeria

Recall that the CBN had recently introduced charges to cash transactions in excess of N500,000 and N3,000,000 for individual and coperate account.

The new policy would see individuals pay 2% charge on deposits exceeding N500,000 and 3% on withdrawals; for coperate accounts, 3% charge on deposits in excess of N3,000,000 while withdrawal will attract a 5% charge.

Click here to read all about the new policy.

Owing to the controversy and backlash the new policy has attracted, the CBN Governor held a press conference Friday to further educate the general public how it works.

He also assured Nigerians that there is no threat to the country’s Reserves over the Process and Industrial Development Limited (P&ID) court judgement.

What’s you opinion on the new policy? Leave your comments below.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: