Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Nigerian Customs Service said three years jail-term awaits anybody arrested for smuggling a bag of rice into the country.

Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service Col. Hamid Ali (rtd), stated this while addressing border communities of /Niger at Maigatari local government in Jigawa State on Thursday.

He said the act of smuggling of contrabands food items in to the country is playing a key role in destroying the county’s and Nigeria must hard to curtail the problems.

“Federal Government is making efforts to improve Agriculture especially rice farming but the foreign rice been imported to the country massively through illegal borders is sabotaging government policies.

“Most of these rice are being imported by you on motorcycle through illegal borders,” Hamid Ali stated.

“No compromise, anybody found culpable will be prosecuted accordingly and the minimum punishment for smuggling a single bag of rice is three years jail term,” he stated.

He urged border communities to support government efforts in fighting illicit importation of contrabands food items into the country, which is inimical to citizen’s health by feeding security agencies with any useful information.

Hamid Ali also warned security operatives to be vigilant and cordial with members of borders communities.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. pull and bear

    December 22, 2019 at 1:24 am

    Very good blog article. Really thank you! Awesome.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

BREAKING: Lagos discharges four more COVID-19 patients

Published

on

By

BREAKING: Lagos discharges four more COVID-19 patients Governor Babajide Sanwo Olu 750x375 1

The Lagos state government has announced the discharge of four coronavirus patients.

Meanwhile, 18 patients had earlier been discharged, after making full recovery from the novel virus.

With this development, Lagos state government has discharged 22 of its 98 confirmed cases,

So far, 190 cases have been confirmed in .

24 have been discharged nationwide.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

COVID-19 lockdown: Minister urges cooperation with security agents

Published

on

By

COVID-19 lockdown: Minister urges cooperation with security agents Mohammed Dingyadi 1

The Minister of Police Affairs, Mohammad Dingyadi, has called on Nigerians to cooperate with the Police and other security agencies in enforcing the sit at home directive by the president in Lagos and Ogun States, as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

President Muhammadu Buhari, had in a broadcast last Sunday, directed a lockdown in the affected areas as the Federal Government stepped up the battle to contain the coronavirus pandemic.

The shutdown, which is to be for an initial two weeks, “is the containment period to identify, trace and isolate all individuals that have come into contact with confirmed cases.”

Dingyadi said when citizens and residents of the affected states deepen cooperation with the security agencies in enforcing the directive it would yield the desired result of breaking the spread of the virus.

The Minister lauded the enforcement of restriction on movement which took effect at 11 pm on Monday, March 30, 2020.

He said restriction of inward and outward movement in affected states would assist relevant health authorities in implementing other measures aimed at defeating COVD-19.

The Minister, through a statement by his Press Secretary, Osaigbovo Ehisienmen, stressed the need for the provision of protective kits for the safety of the security personnel and prayed for the healing of those affected by the virus.

He expressed optimism in the efficacy of the country’s collective determination to beat COVID-19.

He assured citizens of adequate protection as patrols, surveillance and other crime preventive measures will be intensified to ensure safety of lives and property.

“The Minister re-emphasized the need for police officers and other security personnel on enforcement duties, to ensure professionalism in the conduct of their assignment, which should also culminate in deepened cooperation from members of the public, for the safety of all,” the statement read.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
Open chat
Powered by
%d bloggers like this: