Buhari challenges security chiefs on crude oil theft | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

 

Buhari challenges security chiefs on crude oil theft President Buhari 600x4001 300x200

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Abuja challenged security chiefs on the need to bring an end cases to crude oil theft in the country.
The Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, said the president gave the challenge when he met behind closed doors with security chiefs, at the State House, Abuja.
Adamu said the president specifically enjoined the security agencies to intensify security along the petroleum pipelines and other facilities to check the menace.
He said: “Sequel to the improvement in the general security situation in the country, we have been charged by the President to ensure there is a near zero crime society in all geo-political zones; in fact, the whole of the country.
“So, we’ve also been charged to increase security along the pipelines, to make sure that crude oil theft is stopped completely because the loss that the country is facing in that regard is not tolerated.”
The IGP also noted that the country had witnessed a significant drop in the activities of bandits and kidnappers following an improvement in security situation across the country.
He said: “We have noticed within this quarter that the security situation in the country is stable. We made comparison of what happened in the previous quarters and this last quarter and we saw that there is tremendous decrease in kidnappings, banditry, armed robbery and even acts of cultism.
“You can see from the situation in the North-West zone of the country that banditry and kidnapping has reduced tremendously and we have statistics to back what we are saying.”
Adamu also revealed that a good number of bandits and kidnappers had been apprehended along Kaduna – Abuja and Kaduna – Birnin Gwari roads.
According to him, many of the bandits’ camps had been destroyed while the police have intensified efforts to apprehend those bandits who refused to surrender.
He said: “Those that refused to accept peace the initiatives we have been able to identify their camps especially along Kaduna – Abuja road; along Birnin Gwari – Niger axis and we went to the dens of these kidnappers, we went to their camps and we dislodged some of these camps.
“In fact in the security meeting we gave specific numbers of the camps we destroyed and the casualties the bandits recorded as a result of that.
“So, that had made also some of them to surrender and some of them relocated. Those that have relocated we are following them to know the new locations with a view to apprehending them.”
The Boss Police said security agencies were also advised to support the peace initiative on Tiv/Jukun crisis in Benue and Taraba states in order to achieve sustainable peace in the affected areas.
He said: “Recently, there have series of peace initiatives especially the Tiv/Jukun crisis, the federal government came up with initiatives by bringing the leadership of the two states and their traditional rulers.
“We have been asked to support that initiative and see to it that dialogue succeeds and that there is peace between the Jukun and Tiv.”

Loading...

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headline

EXCLUSIVE: Timi of Ede’s son sues IMPACT TV for violation of copyright

Published

on

EXCLUSIVE: Timi of Ede’s son sues IMPACT TV for violation of copyright PhotoGrid 15718240867142

The son of Late Timi of Ede, Oba John Adetoyese Laoye , Adewale Laoye,popularly known as Drummer of peace has dragged Metropolitan Broadcasting Limited, Ibadan, owners of Impact Television to the Federal High Court Ibadan for violation of his copyright.
Laoye, who is renown for his Africa talking drum, in his summons filed by his counsel, A.T. Oloyede Esq. seeks a declaration as follows:
That by virtue of the provisions of Sections 15(1) (a) and (c)of the Copyright Act LFN, 2004, the defendant, ( Metropolitan Broadcasting Services Limited) could not validly exhibit in a public place the artistic work of the plaintiff, ( Laoye) for commercial purpose and promotion of its business without the consent or authority of the plaintiff.
An order of perpetual injunction restraining the defendant from any further use of the artistic work of the plaintiff for commercial purpose and promotion of its business without the consent or authority of the plaintiff.
An order for the payment of royalties to the sum of five Million Naira by the defendant to the plaintiff for the use and exhibition of the plaintiff’s artistic work for the promotion of his business.
An order of the court awarding general damage to the tune of N40 Million against the defendant for the loss suffered by the plaintiff.
When the case came up for mention, the defendant and his counsel were absent in court.
Justice Abdul Malik of Court 3, Federal High Court in Ibadan adjourned the case for mention to November 13, 2019.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Headline

South Africans attack Nigerians againSouth Africans attack Nigerians again

Published

on

South Africans attack Nigerians againSouth Africans attack Nigerians again 20190912 174948

South Africans attack Nigerians again
Three Nigerians were among other foreign nationals who on Tuesday suffered from fresh xenophobic attacks in different locations of Witbank, Mpumanlaga Province, South Africa, the Nigerian community has said.
The spokesperson of the Nigeria Union South Africa (NUSA), Mr Odefa Ikele, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone from Witbank, that the attacks started in the early hours of the morning.
“Groups made up of community members and taxi drivers went to different areas in Witbank attacking foreign-owned businesses and foreigners.
“Three Nigerians were injured, but no death case for now. Some of our nationals are seeking refuge at Witbank Police Station,’’ he said.
The details of the incident are still sketchy but NUSA also said that Police in the area have intervened and warned people to stay away from the Central Business District in the town.
Tuesday’s attacks came on the heels of efforts by Presidents Muhammadu Buhari and Cyril Ramaphosa to ensure they found amicable and lasting solution to xenophobia in South Africa.
Buhari visited Ramaphosa early October and held a town hall meeting with the Nigerian community.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: