Police Arrest, Detain Organiser Of ‘Osinbajo For 2023 President’ Campaign | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Police arrest and detain organiser of ‘Osinbajo
Co-ordinator of a youth group that organised a political rally for Vice President, Prof Yemi
Osinbajo in Akure, Bamise Akintomide, has been arrested by the police in Ondo State,
It was learnt that he is currently being detained at the Criminal and Investigation Bureau Department of the Ondo State Police Command headquarters in Akure, the capital. Akintomide was picked up for organising a rally in support of the Vice President. A source with knowledge of the incident said;
“He (Akintomide) was arrested by the police. I cannot really say if he was directly picked up or invited for questioning. But I can confirm to you that he has been at the police headquarters in Akure since weekend and has been detained over there.
“I know his arrest must be connected with the rally he organised last week for Vice President, Osinbajo, at the APC secretariat. A day after he organised the rally, he received lots of strange calls asking him irrelevant questions.”
Akintomide had on Thursday organised a rally for Osinbajo’s candidacy by unveiling his 2023 presidential campaign poster and banner on the streets of Akure. Spokesperson for the APC in Ondo, Alex Kalejaye, said that the party had no link whatsoever to the group.

Loading...

Am Humble and simple but hate *shit* I'm popularly address as Ballotech due to my optmost ideal and researchs on technology, I graduated from federal poly Ede and represent my able faculty and various research ground.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headline

EXCLUSIVE: Timi of Ede’s son sues IMPACT TV for violation of copyright

Published

on

EXCLUSIVE: Timi of Ede’s son sues IMPACT TV for violation of copyright PhotoGrid 15718240867142

The son of Late Timi of Ede, Oba John Adetoyese Laoye , Adewale Laoye,popularly known as Drummer of peace has dragged Metropolitan Broadcasting Limited, Ibadan, owners of Impact Television to the Federal High Court Ibadan for violation of his copyright.
Laoye, who is renown for his Africa talking drum, in his summons filed by his counsel, A.T. Oloyede Esq. seeks a declaration as follows:
That by virtue of the provisions of Sections 15(1) (a) and (c)of the Copyright Act LFN, 2004, the defendant, ( Metropolitan Broadcasting Services Limited) could not validly exhibit in a public place the artistic work of the plaintiff, ( Laoye) for commercial purpose and promotion of its business without the consent or authority of the plaintiff.
An order of perpetual injunction restraining the defendant from any further use of the artistic work of the plaintiff for commercial purpose and promotion of its business without the consent or authority of the plaintiff.
An order for the payment of royalties to the sum of five Million Naira by the defendant to the plaintiff for the use and exhibition of the plaintiff’s artistic work for the promotion of his business.
An order of the court awarding general damage to the tune of N40 Million against the defendant for the loss suffered by the plaintiff.
When the case came up for mention, the defendant and his counsel were absent in court.
Justice Abdul Malik of Court 3, Federal High Court in Ibadan adjourned the case for mention to November 13, 2019.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Headline

South Africans attack Nigerians againSouth Africans attack Nigerians again

Published

on

South Africans attack Nigerians againSouth Africans attack Nigerians again 20190912 174948

South Africans attack Nigerians again
Three Nigerians were among other foreign nationals who on Tuesday suffered from fresh xenophobic attacks in different locations of Witbank, Mpumanlaga Province, South Africa, the Nigerian community has said.
The spokesperson of the Nigeria Union South Africa (NUSA), Mr Odefa Ikele, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone from Witbank, that the attacks started in the early hours of the morning.
“Groups made up of community members and taxi drivers went to different areas in Witbank attacking foreign-owned businesses and foreigners.
“Three Nigerians were injured, but no death case for now. Some of our nationals are seeking refuge at Witbank Police Station,’’ he said.
The details of the incident are still sketchy but NUSA also said that Police in the area have intervened and warned people to stay away from the Central Business District in the town.
Tuesday’s attacks came on the heels of efforts by Presidents Muhammadu Buhari and Cyril Ramaphosa to ensure they found amicable and lasting solution to xenophobia in South Africa.
Buhari visited Ramaphosa early October and held a town hall meeting with the Nigerian community.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: