Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Dino Melaye, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate in the Kogi West Senatorial rerun , has given the Independent National Electoral Commission, , conditions for the conduct of the supplementary .

In a fresh petition submitted to the Chairman of INEC, Mahmood Yakubu on Wednesday, Melaye called for the inclusion of the omitted areas earlier highlighted in the exercise.

The petition was, however, received by Jafaru Leko on behalf of INEC Chairman, Prof Mahmood Yukubu.

Melaye will on Saturday slug it out with Smart Adeyemi of the All Progressives , APC, following the cancellation of the November 16 election.

READ ALSO  INEC RESPOND TO PDP ALLEGATION OF “HIDING SENSITIVE MATERIALS”

INEC had scheduled a rerun due to inconclusive rerun senatorial election, and a rerun of of Representative poll of Ajaokuta federal constituency, for Saturday.

However, the sacked stated that the released by the commission for the conduct of the supplementary election did not reflect the total number of units affected by the pervasive malpractices and irregularities.

The petition reads in part, “The re-run notice issued by INEC covering the entire seven local government areas in Kogi West Senatorial District as well as the details contained in this petition, further amplify the pervasiveness of malpractices and irregularities that marred the conduct of November 16, election.

READ ALSO  Full report of tribunal ruling that gave Buhari victory over Atiku, PDP

“However, in order to partially remedy this fundamental flaw, I request for the inclusion of the omitted areas earlier highlighted in the supplementary poll.

“The most charitable conclusion is that INEC failed to exercise the requisite diligence before rolling out the details of the proposed supplementary election.”

Recall that security operatives had earlier prevented Melaye from gaining access into the Commission’s premises in Abuja.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Pingback: vagragenericaar.org

  2. Pingback: track viagra without a doctor prescription

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Again, Boko Haram ambush Borno governor’s convoy

Published

on

By

Two days after an attack on the convoy of his officials, the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, was ambushed Sunday by gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram.

The ambush occurred as the governor’s convoy was departing Baga town in Kukawa Local Government Area.

At least 15 security personnel had died in an ambush on Friday as a convoy of the governor was driving towards Baga town to participate in the official relocation of IDP back to their reclaimed communities after years of displacement.

The Friday ambush was condemned by President Muhammadu Buhari who suggested sabotage of Mr Zulum’a efforts as governor.

Sources familiar with the latest incident said the attack happened near a village called Cross-Kauwa.

READ ALSO  Osun guber: Lagos Speaker tells Adeleke next step to take

Cross-Kauwa is a few kilometres from a location called Mile-4, where the Nigerian military has its biggest camp in that area.

“As we approached Cross-Kauwa an explosive believed to be landmine detonated and was immediately followed with the serious firing of guns from all sides,” said a government official who does not want to be named in this report.

“It was so terrifying that some of the security details in the convoy engaged in a brief moment of argument as to whether to make a U-turn and return to Baga or we should charge through. It was later decided that we had to forge on despite the shooting. That was how we charged through the ambush, and most of our vehicles had their tires deflated or riddled with bullets. We did not stop until we got to Monguno town.”

READ ALSO  Ondo 2020: INEC unveils full list of governorship candidates, deputies

The source said there was no death from Sunday’s failed ambush.

“Thank God there was no death except some few injuries,” another survivor, Sadiq Abubakar, said,

“About three vehicles escaped with shattered windscreens, while the Press Crew bus conveying journalists, had flat tyres. A military gun truck was also severely hit, while a soldier sustained a bullet wound on his shoulder.”

The governor and his entourage have since arrived in Maiduguri.

 

READ ALSO  Five days of lockdown feel like five years – Lagosians cry out

More details of the latest incident will be provided in subsequent updates.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Labour suspends nationwide strike, protests (PHOTOS)

Published

on

By

Nigeria Labour , NLC, has suspended its planned nationwide strike that would have started today, Monday, September 28, in protest against the hike in pump price of fuel and electricity tariff.

Earlier, there were indications that the Federal Government and NLC might reach an agreement to avert the looming nationwide strike.

The meeting, which started at about 8:30 pm on Sunday and spilled over till Monday morning had Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed; Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo; Minister of State for Power, Godwin Jeddy-Agba and Group Managing Director of the NNPC.

READ ALSO  JUST IN: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, Tests Positive For COVID-19

The Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo(SAN) tweeted that there was hope the industrial crisis might be avoided.

He stated on his verified Twitter handle(@fkeyamo): “Still negotiating with labour at exactly 12.34am. Some progress have been made. Concrete proposals on the table from both sides. “Details being worked on by the temporary Secretariat. Gradually moving towards a point of convergence. Let’s hope….”

Furthermore, a source told Vanguard that it is possible the tariff will be suspended for two weeks, but said nothing specific about fuel pump price.

The source also said a joint government/Labour committee will be set up to review the issues within those two weeks.

Vanguard also learned that a communique is being hammered out, an indication that some sort of agreement had been arrived at.

READ ALSO  INEC RESPOND TO PDP ALLEGATION OF “HIDING SENSITIVE MATERIALS”

A communiqué, read by the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, after the meeting, disclosed that government agreed to suspend electricity tariff hike for two weeks pending when a committee set up would examine the justifications for the new policy in view of the need for the validation of the basis for the new cost-reflective tariff as a result of the conflicting information from the fields which appeared different from the presented to justify the new policy by NERC.

He, however, noted that total deregulation in the downstream sector remains, adding that palliatives would be offered to Nigerian workers to cushion the effects of burden.

READ ALSO  Sultan of Sokoto rejects Northern security outfit

Details of the agreement reached by parties below.

 

 

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: