Sowore: Court orders DSS to release Publisher within 24 hours | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

An Abuja Federal High Court on Thursday ordered the Department of State Services, DSS, to release Omoyele Sowore, convener of RevolutionNow Movement within 24 hours.

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu also ordered that Sowore’s co-accused, Olawale Bakare be released within 24 hours.

The further ordered the secret police to pay the sum of N100, 000 to Sowore for refusing to release him on bail despite two court orders to that effect.

Justice Ojukwu consequently adjourned the trial of the case brought against them by the Nigerian Government till December 6 for continuation.

Sowore has been in custody of the DSS after he was arrested for allegedly calling for a revolution.

The court had recently ordered the release of Sowore alongside Olawale Adebayo.

The DSS is yet to comply with the order and claimed that no surety had come to take Sowore on bail.

A few weeks ago, a group of protesters led by Deji Adeyanju alleged that they were given N1m to stop the protest aimed at demanding for Sowore’s release.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Herdsmen shoot Gov. Ortom in Benue

Published

on

By

Herdsmen shoot Gov. Ortom in Benue Samuel Ortom 1024x576 2

The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has narrated how he narrowly escaped death after suspected herdsmen shot at him in his farm.

Ortom said he was shot while in his farm located along Makurdi – Naka road in Makurdi, Benue state capital.

The Governor, who spoke to journalists in Makurdi on Monday, reiterated his call for arrest and prosecution of the leadership of Meyitta Allah for allegedly instigating violence against farmers in the state.

The Gov. said, “I went to my farm last week and the herdsmen, who were coming back to Benue state in their numbers shot at me.”

Ortom further explained that it took the intervention of men of Operation Whirl Stroke who responded timely and rescued him before the herdsmen ran away.

The Governor expressed concern that herdsmen were allowed to carry sophisticated weapons more than security agencies.

He said that herdsmen were not coming for grazing, stressing “anti-open grazing prohibition law is still in force and anyone who wants to do business of animal husbandry must embrace ranching”.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Buhari orders airstrikes on bandits, kidnappers

Published

on

By

Buhari orders airstrikes on bandits, kidnappers ff96935b muhammadu buhari on arise 7 696x522

President Muhammadu Buhari has received assurances that with the harmattan dust gradually easing its hold on the skies, fighter aircrafts would this week join the efforts to provide effective air attacks against bandits, kidnappers and cattle rustlers that have been attacking remote communities around Dogon Gona forest in Niger State.

In a statement sent to DAILY POST on Sunday by Garba Shehu, the President, described the repeated attacks leading to the loss of several lives in the communities “as a disaster for the nation,”

He had authorized the deployment of air power to support troops and policemen sent to the “difficult terrain,” to counter the menace of the attackers operating in the forest area bordering Kaduna, Niger and Zamfara states.

The statement added that in line with this directive, the Nigerian Air Force is setting up refueling facilities at Minna, Niger State to support the aircraft operations, giving assurances that given the improved weather conditions, a major exercise to “visually acquire targets” and launch attacks will soon follow.

The Police Command in Niger has equally given assurances that the planned dedicated air raids to complement the police helicopter gunship operations remain the best approach given the lack of motorized roads in the areas constantly under attack.

President Buhari also commiserated with the government and people of Niger State following the attacks and the loss of lives that followed, and assured that victim communities in the state will not be abandoned by the rest of the country.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
Open chat
%d bloggers like this: