Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Vice-Chancellor of Babcock , Ilishan-Remo, Prof. Ademola Tayo, has spoken on the expulsion of a female student in the sex that went viral last month.

The VC said the had to take that decision in order to protect its image and its alumni.

“Because anywhere they go they say the students of the University are all prostitutes”, The Nation quoted him as saying.

“They said the girls are always swallowing; and all kinds of ridicule. If we keep mute, in the public opinion they would think that anything goes in the institution. We had to make a statement to show discipline.

READ ALSO  Osun proprietor arrested for circulating fake school reopening proposal

“But I need to tell you that I signed it off with tears in my eyes as a responsible father. But we are not leaving this young lady to her doom. The pastor called me last week and I prayed with the family.

“The father called me and said pray with your daughter. I said she is still my daughter. Sometimes discipline is therapeutic. It is when you go that you realise that this is not right what I have done and then you go back to yourself.

“I look forward to a time when this young girl would graduate and be celebrated. It may not be here; I don’t know where but we are not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.”

READ ALSO  US 2020: House Speaker, Pelosi endorses Joe Biden to unseat Trump

Tayo also described the act by the girl giving the boy a blow as abnormal.

“It is not normal for a young woman to take the manhood of the man and be swallowing. That is a very dirty thing which supposed not to be heard,” he said.

The VC said some stakeholders commended the university’s decision to expel the student, saying that they would have pulled their wards out of the University.

READ ALSO  LADIES! CHECK OUT TOP 10 SIGNS A NIGERIAN MAN WANTS TO MARRY YOU

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. mike murdock books

    December 22, 2019 at 1:56 am

    Enjoyed every bit of your blog post. Really thank you! Much obliged.

  2. coffee with cialis

    January 3, 2020 at 5:20 pm

    Hello, blame you looking for information! I repost in Facebook

  3. maglie calcio a poco prezzo

    April 13, 2020 at 10:19 am

    Dora juventus matchtröja ✓ spara pengar genom att jämföra priser på
    61 modeller ✓ läs omdömen och experttester – gör ett bättre
    köp idag hos pricerunner maglie calcio a poco prezzo!

    Maybe

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

COVID-19: Students will be tested before resumption – Ogun govt

Published

on

By

The Ogun State Government said one of the strong conditions for admittance to schools for boarding students is a COVID-19 Certificate, showing that the bearer is negative.

The state government said this on Saturday in a statement by Ronke Soyombo, the Special Adviser to Governor Dapo Abiodun on Primary and Secondary Education.

Soyombo said government, through the Ogun State Ministry of Health, has made provision for a COVID-19 and Malaria test for all SS3 boarding students in the state.

According to her, the public health care facilities opened for the tests between July 31 and August 3 are, the 250 MTR, Okemosan, Abeokuta; Ogun State General Hospital, Ota and Olabisi Onabanjo Teaching Hospital, Sagamu.

READ ALSO  Reps disagree with FG on WASSCE

Speaking further, Soyombo, as part of efforts of the State Government to ensure a safe learning academic atmosphere, instructed all principals of both public and private schools to inform SS3 learners that all the returning boarding students are to stay in the hostels only.

She added that private hostels are exempted from accommodating students during this period, stressing that sanctions will be meted out to any defaulting school.

READ ALSO  Atiku rebukes Buhari over foreign loans, Nigeria’s rising debt

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

Oyo Govt Adjusts School Calendar, Lauds Stakeholders Adherence To COVID-19 Guidelines

Published

on

By

Oyo State Government has announced a slight adjustment to its reopening schedule, contrary to the one earlier released.

This was in conformity with the agreement reached by the Federal Government and the West African Examination Council (WAEC) on the commencement of the 2020 West African School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), for school candidates.

Mr Olaleye Olasunkanmi, the state Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, disclosed this in a statement on Friday in Ibadan.

According to him, the date for the commencement of the WASSCE is Aug. 17 and there will be a continuation of lessons for the SS3 classes until the examination begins.

The statement added that the students would go on Salah break on Wednesday, July 29 and resume on Monday, Aug. 3.

READ ALSO  Don’t enrol for WAEC without FG’s participation, NUT, parents tell states

”The  JSS3 and Primary six classes were asked to proceed on holiday as earlier scheduled and resume for their examinations on Aug. 10 and Aug. 20  respectively,” he said.

Olasunkanmi enjoined all education stakeholders in the state to note the new development and other academic schedules approved by the State Executive Council on  July 21, which remained as announced.

“On behalf of His Excellency, Engr. Seyi Makinde, I wish to appreciate all stakeholders in the education sector for your unalloyed support and hard work, during, the preparation for the resumption of academic activities in our schools.

“Your dedication to work, love for our students and personal involvement in the training and observance of the COVID-19 protocols in a bid to contain the disease among our school children are unparalleled.

READ ALSO  Reps disagree with FG on WASSCE

“COVID-19 is real and unabating at the moment, we shall, however, defeat the virus with science, diligence and courage.

“I cannot but most appreciate our teachers that took part in the revision exercise given to our students in terminal classes, that is the SS3, JSS3 and Primary six.

“I pray that all our efforts at recording success in all examinations by our students will not be in vain,” he said.

The commissioner also felicitated Muslims in the state on the celebration of Eid-el-Kabir festival and urged them not to forget the COVID-19 prevention protocols as they celebrate.

READ ALSO  Seven ways to educate, entertain your kids during COVID-19 lockdown

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: