Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Some policemen deployed to Kogi State from Ekiti state police command for the conduct of the November 16 , Governorship have expressed displeasure over alleged refusal of the authorities to pay their allowances.

The policemen, numbering 225, said their names were allegedly expunged on the list of those that were due for payment despite risking their lives day and night to ensure adequate security during that volatile election.

They said it was appalling and shocking that the police authorities have refused to pay them a month after the election, while others have received theirs, which gave room for suspicion that the fund must have allegedly been embezzled by some high ranking police officers at the state or zonal level.

The aggrieved police officer, who briefed journalists under anonymity for fear of retribution, appealed to Inspector General of police, Mr. Mohammed Adamu, to investigate the cause of the delay.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Ondo Dismisses Report On Third Case, Says Not A Corps Member

The sources said a sum of N90,000 were paid for senior officers above Sergeant rank, while their men within the rank and file got N40,000, revealing that most of the victims were the lower cadre policemen.

A Sergeant, who spoke on behalf of the aggrieved policemen, said : “Two batches were deployed for the election in Ekiti. The Ekiti Command was expected to mobilise 500 policemen, but there was a shortfall.

“The police Commissioner , Mr Asuquo Amba, deployed 300 policemen about 10 days to the election. When there were complaints, another 150 were drafted to Kogi on the order of the CP five days to the election.

“Our investigation indicated that half of those who were deployed from Ekiti, numbering over 200, were excluded from payroll.

“We were curious to ask must we be excluded from benefiting from the payments after discharging the national assignment?

READ ALSO  Ekiti discharges second COVID-19 patient

“You could all attest to the fact that the Kogi Governorship election was the most volatile and tension-soaked in recent times. We risked our lives for the success of the only for us to be paid this way.

“We appeal to the Inspector General of police, Mr. Adamu to investigate this matter and mete out proper punishment to whoever culpable. Those behind this are the ones responsible for the bad image in the ”, he stated.

But when contacted, Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, Mr. Sunday Abutu, denied the allegation.

The Police spokesperson said all the entitlements due to the police that were deployed for the Kogi election had been paid.
“I am not aware of this. To the best of my knowledge, all the entitlements regarding Kogi issue had been paid.
“Let me also say that there was no protest anywhere, nobody had protested and whoever has any issue should follow the normal channels”, the police spokesman said.

READ ALSO  Airports are about 90% ready for reopening- Minsiter of Aviation, Hadi Sirika

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. microview nigeria

    December 22, 2019 at 1:37 am

    A round of applause for your blog article. Really thank you! Really Cool.

  2. Rob Tokita

    March 28, 2020 at 12:56 pm

    Awesome. Its truly awesome post, I have got much clear idea concerning from this paragraph.

  3. Amy Waterman

    March 29, 2020 at 5:05 am

    Added onto my Favorite! I seriously like your articles and your web site generally. Keep up the wonderful work.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

TB Joshua begins prayer for COVID-19 patients in isolation centres

Published

on

By

Founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Prophet T.B. Joshua, has offered ‘virtual prayers’ of healing for those afflicted with COVID-19 in an Isolation Centre in Honduras, Central America.

The gesture was in fulfilment of a pledge the cleric made on July 8, 2020.

A video posted to Emmanuel TV’s YouTube Channel showed the prominent cleric praying for bedridden patients hooked up to oxygen tanks and surrounded by hospital staff heavily laden with protective gear.

“Where can we go from God’s presence? Distance is not a barrier because He is Spirit,” Joshua declared in front of several huge screens relaying in real-time the footage from the several wards within the Honduran Isolation Centre.

“By the power of the Holy Spirit – that affliction, that COVID-19 – be flushed out,” he said, stretching his hands towards the dozens of patients on the multiple screens at the Emmanuel TV Studios in Lagos, during a programme tagged ‘Interactive Prayer Session’.

During the prayer – which was translated simultaneously into Spanish – several patients began to involuntarily ‘vomit’ whilst others rose to their feet from their hospital beds, waved their hands joyously and removed the oxygen apparatus fixed to their nose as a sign of “supernatural healing”.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Curfew now 8p.m. to 5a.m. in Oyo — State task force

“Jesus that has freed you will help you to maintain your miracle. Make the Word of God the standard for your life,” Joshua counselled after declaring dozens of COVID-19 patients “free”

“I sensed the healing and delivering power of God,” explained Aracely, one of the Honduran patients, after the prayer. “I felt my lungs fill up with air… I’m no longer using the oxygen mask,” she testified.

“I couldn’t go to the toilet before but immediately after the prayer, I felt like rushing to the toilet,” another patient immediately acknowledged. “I passed out a lot of foul substance – that was the power of the prayer.”

“I saw a white light that illuminated me and asked me to remove my oxygen mask,” another lady stated. “I’m not choking any longer,” she excitedly stated, with others testifying their sense of smell and taste was restored and their strength revitalized following the prayer.

Afterwards, representatives of the medical staff at the hospital thanked Joshua for his prayers and support.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Ondo Dismisses Report On Third Case, Says Not A Corps Member

The video concluded by stressing that it was not intended to “discourage anyone from seeking medical treatment” as “good Christians are good citizens”.

“If you don’t believe in God with medicine, you cannot believe in God without medicine,” Joshua said.

Last month, the World Health Organisation reacted to a video in which a Cameroonian medical doctor was ‘healed’ of COVID-19 after receiving “interactive prayer” from Joshua’s ministry, acknowledging “spiritual leadership is very important in a time like this”.

Since starting its ‘Interactive Prayer Sessions’ – in which online prayer is offered via video calls – Joshua’s ministry has prayed for COVID-19 patients from around the world, prompting the cleric to recently declare his readiness to freely pray for those in Isolation Centers.

Joshua, who had been absent for seven weeks from Emmanuel TV’s broadcasts, earlier shared a sermon titled ‘Mistakes Are Correctable’

“We wake up in the morning determined to get it right. Before we know it, we have missed the mark,” Joshua began, stressing that “making a mistake” was not the issue but “how we handle it matters.

READ ALSO  Street shops not included in markets shutdowns – Police

“For instance, the issue of COVID-19 is a mistake. However, how we are handling it has led us to where we are today,” he continued, citing the uncertainties and “twists and turns of life”.

“If you make a mistake, as we all do sometimes, don’t run from God; run to Him,” Joshua taught, adding that mistakes actually “make Christian life more interesting and more valuable” and serve as a means to “draw us closer to God”.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Shoprite’s exit will help supermarkets in Nigeria – Shehu Sani

Published

on

By

Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central Senator, has reacted as South African retail grocery store, Shoprite announced plan to exit Nigeria.

Sani said Shoprite’s exit from Nigeria would help local supermarket in the country to grow.

In a tweet, the former lawmaker wrote: “If Shoprite wants to stay, they can stay; if they want to go, they can go; it will help local supermarkets to grow.”

READ ALSO  Nigeria losing 68,000 women yearly to pregnancy, childbirth complications – Lufadeju

Shoprite Holdings Limited, a South African company with hundreds of outlets in Nigeria, had said it may discontinue its operations in Nigeria.

The company stated this in its “Operational and Voluntary Trading Update” released on Monday.

According to Shoprite, the decision was due to the effect of the COVID-19 outbreak.

READ ALSO  Ekiti discharges second COVID-19 patient
Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: