Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Bukola Saraki, a former Governor of kara State and ex-President of the Senate, has stated that justice will prevail over the demolition of his family property in Ilorin by the Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq led Kwara government.

The house, popularly called Ile Arugbo (House for old persons), was demolished in the early hours of Thursday, after the state government revoked the title of the landed property.

Saraki, in a statement Thursday night, thanked the people for their solidarity.

Following development this morning in Ile Arugbo, I want to commend the women, men, old and young, who displayed their affection, love and staunch support for my late father and the family”, he said.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Police arrest mastermind of First bank Abuja robbery

“I appreciate the genuine support of the women and youths who stood firmly in the face of aggression and naked show of force.

“Your action throughout the night gave full expression to my belief that what Ile Arugbo represents to all of us is etched in our hearts. It goes beyond the physical structure. I am happy that you were not intimidated as you stood your ground.

READ ALSO  Governor Zulum suspends entire staff of a hospital for abandoning duty

This day will go down as the day you reciprocated the love and affection my father and family have for you. You have displayed a gesture of goodwill and passionate love. We assure you that justice shall prevail in a not too distant future.”

The Kwara House of Assembly in August called for the revocation of the landed property, after adopting the report of a committee that investigated the ownership of the property

Loading...
Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
11 Comments

11 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

36 State Governments Sue FG, Want Supreme Court To Quash Executive Order 10 On Judiciary Funding

Published

on

By

The 36 states government have approached the Supreme Court with a suit challenging the Presidential Executive Order 10 of 2020 which President Muhammadu Buhari signed in May on the funding of the courts.

In the suit which has the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice as the sole respondent and filed through their respective attorneys general, the states want an order of the Supreme Court quashing President Buhari’s Executive Order for being unconstitutional.

The plaintiffs explained that by virtue of the Executive Order the president signed on May 20, 2020, he had pushed the Federal Government’s responsibility of funding both the capital and recurrent expenditures of the state high courts, Sharia Court of Appeal and the Customary Court of Appeal to the state governments.

READ ALSO  OSINBAJO SHOCKS THE NATION, MAKES A MOVE, LEAVES NATION IN ABSOLUTE AWE AND ADMIRATION 2 DAYS TO THE ELECTION

 

They contended that Buhari’s Executive Order 10 of was a clear violation of sections 6 and 8(3) of the 1999 Constitution which make it the responsibility of the Federal Government to fund the listed courts.

The 36 states, which said they had been funding the capital projects in the listed courts since 2009, are also praying the Supreme Court to order the Federal Government to make a refund to them.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Police arrest mastermind of First bank Abuja robbery

“Since the 5th of May 2009, the defendant had not funded the capital and recurrent expenditures of the state high courts, Sharia Court of Appeal and the Customary Court of Appeal of the plaintiffs’ states, apart from paying only the salaries of the judicial officers of the said courts.

“The plaintiffs’ states have been solely responsible for funding the capital and recurrent expenditures of the state high courts, Sharia Court of Appeal and the Customary Court of Appeal of the plaintiffs’ states, which the defendant has failed and/or refused to fund,” they said.

READ ALSO  Coronavirus palliatives: Family members cannot receive double money - FG

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Again, Boko Haram ambush Borno governor’s convoy

Published

on

By

Two days after an attack on the convoy of his officials, the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, was ambushed Sunday by gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram.

The ambush occurred as the governor’s convoy was departing Baga town in Kukawa Local Government Area.

At least 15 security personnel had died in an ambush on Friday as a convoy of the governor was driving towards Baga town to participate in the official relocation of IDP back to their reclaimed communities after years of displacement.

The Friday ambush was condemned by President Muhammadu Buhari who suggested sabotage of Mr Zulum’a efforts as governor.

Sources familiar with the latest incident said the attack happened near a village called Cross-Kauwa.

READ ALSO  OSINBAJO SHOCKS THE NATION, MAKES A MOVE, LEAVES NATION IN ABSOLUTE AWE AND ADMIRATION 2 DAYS TO THE ELECTION

Cross-Kauwa is a few kilometres from a location called Mile-4, where the Nigerian military has its biggest camp in that area.

“As we approached Cross-Kauwa an explosive believed to be landmine detonated and was immediately followed with the serious firing of guns from all sides,” said a government official who does not want to be named in this report.

“It was so terrifying that some of the security details in the convoy engaged in a brief moment of argument as to whether to make a U-turn and return to Baga or we should charge through. It was later decided that we had to forge on despite the shooting. That was how we charged through the ambush, and most of our vehicles had their tires deflated or riddled with bullets. We did not stop until we got to Monguno town.”

READ ALSO  COVID-19: INEC to redesign polling units to comply with coronavirus regulations

The source said there was no death from Sunday’s failed ambush.

“Thank God there was no death except some few injuries,” another survivor, Sadiq Abubakar, said,

“About three vehicles escaped with shattered windscreens, while the Press Crew bus conveying journalists, had flat tyres. A military gun truck was also severely hit, while a soldier sustained a bullet wound on his shoulder.”

The governor and his entourage have since arrived in Maiduguri.

 

READ ALSO  UK React To Onnoghen's Suspension

More details of the latest incident will be provided in subsequent updates.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: