US vs Iran: America issues order to embassy in Nigeria, others | Fastest Delivery Of Magazine
Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo has sent a message to American missions around the world, ordering diplomats not to meet with Iranian opposition groups without specific approval.

“Many exiled Iranian opposition groups try to engage U.S officials regularly to gain at least the appearance of tacit support and enhance their visibility and clout,” Pompeo said in the obtained by CNN.

He noted that many of the groups “have previously or are currently using violent means in support of their political aims.”

“Direct U.S government engagement with these groups could prove counterproductive to our policy goal of seeking a comprehensive deal with the Iranian regime that addresses its destabilizing behavior.”

Pompeo added that America wanted a “comprehensive deal” with Iran that covers “its destabilizing behavior, including its nuclear program, missile program, support for terrorism, and malign regional behavior.”

The order became public 24 hours after the US denied Iran’s Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, a visa.

The visa was meant to allow Zarif attend a UN Security Council meeting in on Thursday.

Zarif said he had requested the visa about a month ago but the US told him it “didn’t have enough time to issue a visa.”

In his reaction, Pompeo, at the State Department on Tuesday, said that “we don’t comment on visa matters for those traveling to the United States”.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Buhari orders airstrikes on bandits, kidnappers

Published

on

By

Buhari orders airstrikes on bandits, kidnappers ff96935b muhammadu buhari on arise 7 696x522

President Muhammadu Buhari has received assurances that with the harmattan dust gradually easing its hold on the skies, fighter aircrafts would this week join the efforts to provide effective air attacks against bandits, kidnappers and cattle rustlers that have been attacking remote communities around Dogon Gona forest in Niger State.

In a statement sent to DAILY POST on Sunday by Garba Shehu, the President, described the repeated attacks leading to the loss of several lives in the communities “as a disaster for the nation,”

He had authorized the deployment of air power to support troops and policemen sent to the “difficult terrain,” to counter the menace of the attackers operating in the forest area bordering Kaduna, Niger and Zamfara states.

The statement added that in line with this directive, the Nigerian Air Force is setting up refueling facilities at Minna, Niger State to support the aircraft operations, giving assurances that given the improved weather conditions, a major exercise to “visually acquire targets” and launch attacks will soon follow.

The Police Command in Niger has equally given assurances that the planned dedicated air raids to complement the police helicopter gunship operations remain the best approach given the lack of motorized roads in the areas constantly under attack.

President Buhari also commiserated with the government and people of Niger State following the attacks and the loss of lives that followed, and assured that victim communities in the state will not be abandoned by the rest of the country.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Buhari opens up on cabal, Osinbajo, TY Danjuma’s secrets, Nigeria election

Published

on

By

Buhari opens up on cabal, Osinbajo, TY Danjuma’s secrets, Nigeria election 20200117 020619

President Muhammadu Buhari has opened up on relationship with his Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

He also spoke on comments by former Minister of Defence, T.Y. Danjuma, about the general election in and the speculation that a “cabal” exists in his government

Buhari, in a chat with The Interview Magazine, also gave an insight to his formation of the Economic Advisory Council (EAC), the rule of law, among others.

On the EAC and how the body has been silent, Buhari said: “They don’t have to play to the gallery in doing their work. They don’t have to do it on the pages of newspapers, but rest assured that they are working quietly and efficiently. Results are what matter, and you will see their influence on our economic policies in due course.”

Speaking on Nigeria election, Buhari agreed that talks about 2023 polls has been gaining momentum.

“It is often said that while statesmen think of governance, and how they can make things better for their country, politicians think of the next election.

“Elections, as necessary as they are in a democracy, must not consume our entire lives, times and resources. We must give space for the development of our country.

“I am hundred percent concentrating on how we can move the country forward economically; how we can bring about peace and security to our country”, he said.

On the rule of law, government’s human rights record, the extended detention of Sambo Dasuki and Omoyele Sowore, Buhari replied: “The two examples you cited are still before the courts, so the less said on this matter, the better, lest we be in contempt of court.”

Asked to comment on PUNCH decision to call him “Major General (rtd)” instead of “President” in protest of government’s disobedience of court orders, Buhari said: “Am I not a retired Major General of the Nigerian Army? I didn’t just pick the rank in the streets, I earned it.”

Buhari further insisted that there was no cabal in his government.

The president said: “I addressed this matter before. I was the one who went round the country on campaigns, and I was the one voted into office as President twice. No one else did, and no one else took the oath of office, and can exercise the powers of a President.”

On Danjuma’s declaration that if he revealed some secrets, Nigerians won’t be able to sleep, Buhari responded: “And what is the vote of confidence of Nigerians in me, as expressed in the polls last year? That is what matters more, not the opinion of one man.”

The nation’s leader, who was asked to describe his relationship with Osinbajo and rate it on a scale of ten, replied: “Perfect. Or has he complained to you? Thank you very much.”

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
Open chat
%d bloggers like this: