Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

US Donald Trump has soft-pedaled on his threat to hit Iranian cultural sites.

Trump had threatened to blow up 52 targets in Iran, including the sites.

But the United Nations reminded him that both Tehran and Washington had signed a 1972 convention not to undertake “any deliberate measures which might damage directly or indirectly the cultural and natural heritage” of other states.

Speaking at a meeting with Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis on Tuesday, Trump said he would “obey the law”.

READ ALSO  Buhari to ASUU: ‘Your fight against IPPIS is needless

“They’re allowed to kill our people, they’re allowed to main our people, they’re allowed to blow up everything that we have, and there’s nothing that stops them.

“And we are, according to various laws, supposed to be very careful with their cultural heritage. And you know what? If that’s what the law is, I like to obey the law.

“But think of it, they kill our people, they blow up our people, and then we have to be very gentle with their cultural institutions. But I’m ok with it. It’s ok with me.

READ ALSO  PDP backs calls for Buhari’s resignation, gives reasons

“I will say this: If Iran does anything that they shouldn’t be doing, they’re going to be suffering the consequences, and very strongly”, he said.

Meanwhile, Iran has asked Trump to apologize for the killing of the country’s top military commander, Qasem Soleimani.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)

Published

on

By

A yet-to-be-identified motorcycle rider was shot dead allegedly by a police officer around Banana junction in Orlu, Imo state today July 9.

 

According to reports, the policeman had stopped the motorcycle rider for not wearing a face mask. An altercation ensued between both men after the Okada man allegedly refused to give a N50 bribe.

READ ALSO  JUST AFTER INNOSON WON BATTLE AGAINST GTB, MAN CLIMBS VERY HIGH MAST, CRASHES INTO BANK THROUGH THE ROOF IN IBADAN [VIDEO]

 

The area is currently in Chaos as residents are demanding justice for the deceased Okada rider. The spokesperson of the state police command is yet to comment on the incident.

 

See graphic photos from the incident below

Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)

Watch a video from the scene of the incident below

 

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

COVID-19: Osun records 11 new cases, discharges four patients

Published

on

By

The Osun State Government, on Wednesday, confirmed the discovery of 11 new cases on COVID-19.

Similarly, it announced the discharge of four patients from its Treatment and Isolation Centre.

The number of confirmed cases in the state has risen to 210 with 115 active cases.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, made the disclosure in a statement on Wednesday evening in Osogbo, the state capital of Osun.

READ ALSO  Probe against former emir of Kano, Sanusi will continue — Ganduje

He disclosed that all the 11 new cases were contacts of those who had previously contracted the virus in the state.

Dr. Isamotu appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State to contain the spread of the virus.

He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 210 with 115 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 88 patients while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

READ ALSO  Keep my son in prison, man begs Osun police

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: