Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Kaduna State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Aisha Dikko, on Thursday, said the fate of Ibrahim El Zakzaky, leader of the proscribed Islamic Movement of , IMN, is in the hands of the court.

The attorney general also said there was no pending court order on the case against the IMN leader instituted by the Kaduna state government, NAN reports.

Dikko in a statement issued in Kaduna stressed that the ongoing legal processes should not be the subject of media campaign or pressure of any kind, affirming that the state government has not intention of withdrawing the charges against El-Zakzaky.

She added that the government would leave it to the court to decide the case.

The attorney general said both El Zakzaky and his Zeenat “are facing an eight-count charge, including culpable homicide punishable with death, before the High Court of Kaduna State.’’

READ ALSO  EPL: How Adidas blocked Pogba from leaving Man Utd for Real Madrid

She recalled that the court had earlier refused the accused persons’ application for bail following their arraignment in August 2018.

‘’At its last sitting on 5th December , the Court adjourned hearing in the matter to 6th February 2020, and ordered the transfer of the couple from DSS facilities to the Kaduna Correctional Centre for the duration of trial,’’ she added.

“It is the High Court that will decide the case, and the rule of law demands respect for the prerogatives of the court and the ongoing legal process,’’ she added.

Dikko expressed the hope that all parties have learnt the necessary lessons from the debacle that the New Delhi trip of the IMN leader, adding that due process of law should be allowed to take its course.

The attorney general maintained that “there is no court order pending against the Kaduna State Government on the matter.

READ ALSO  UNILAG staff commits suicide after facing probe panel

“Rulings and orders that were secured against the Federal Government do not have any bearing against the Kaduna State Government which was not a party to those proceedings and against whom no orders were made.

“Any issues regarding compliance or non-compliance with a court order by the DSS or the Federal Government cannot be used to vitiate the judicial proceedings the Kaduna State Government has commenced against the El-Zakzakys.’’

The statement recalls that an eight-count charge was filed against some accused persons on April 19, 2018, including El Zakzaky and his wife, “after months of painstaking investigation, which covered a period of about three decades.”

According to her, others charged to court included Yakubu Yahaya Katsina and Sanusi Abdulkadir Koki for alleged criminal conspiracy, culpable homicide punishable with death and unlawful assembly.

READ ALSO  Oluwo of Iwo's ex-wife, Chanel Chin accuses him of sleeping with 13-year-old girl; the daughter of a woman who sells tatashe (VIDEO)

Other charges included alleged wrongful restraint, disturbance of public peace and voluntarily causing grievous hurt as well as inciting disturbance, and breach of public peace, she added

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Dionne Muth

    March 28, 2020 at 7:53 am

    Good day. Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?

  2. Save My Marriage Today Reviews

    March 29, 2020 at 2:09 pm

    An associate told me to take a look at your web site simply because he found it truly educative. Although I was cynical at first, I do not regret taking the time to check you out. You were awesome with your article and I equally learnt quite a lot from it. Thanks.

  3. secondlife bali

    June 11, 2020 at 9:26 pm

    Thanks for every other informative website. Where else could I get that kind of
    information written in such a perfect approach?
    I have a undertaking that I am just now working on, and I have been at the glance out for
    such information.

  4. ufabet 1668

    July 7, 2020 at 8:59 pm

    Does your site have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail.
    I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.
    -ufa168bc2

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)

Published

on

By

A yet-to-be-identified motorcycle rider was shot dead allegedly by a police officer around Banana junction in Orlu, Imo state today July 9.

 

According to reports, the policeman had stopped the motorcycle rider for not wearing a face mask. An altercation ensued between both men after the Okada man allegedly refused to give a N50 bribe.

READ ALSO  EPL: How Adidas blocked Pogba from leaving Man Utd for Real Madrid

 

The area is currently in Chaos as residents are demanding justice for the deceased Okada rider. The spokesperson of the state police command is yet to comment on the incident.

 

See graphic photos from the incident below

Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)Okada rider allegedly shot dead by police officer for not wearing a face mask in Imo (graphic)

Watch a video from the scene of the incident below

 

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

COVID-19: Osun records 11 new cases, discharges four patients

Published

on

By

The Osun State Government, on Wednesday, confirmed the discovery of 11 new cases on COVID-19.

Similarly, it announced the discharge of four patients from its Treatment and Isolation Centre.

The number of confirmed cases in the state has risen to 210 with 115 active cases.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, made the disclosure in a statement on Wednesday evening in Osogbo, the state capital of Osun.

READ ALSO  PHOTOS: Four Feared Dead As Ilorin Bridge Collapsed

He disclosed that all the 11 new cases were contacts of those who had previously contracted the virus in the state.

Dr. Isamotu appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State to contain the spread of the virus.

He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 210 with 115 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 88 patients while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

READ ALSO  VIDEO: NCDC Manipulated Our Dad’s COVID-19 Result–Sons of Late Daura Doctor

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: