Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board () says the date for the sales of its registration documents for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation (UTME) still stands, despite the suspension of the NIN.

The Board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, who disclosed this in an with News Agency of (NAN) on Sunday, said that the process for the acquisition of the PIN remained the same.

He said aside the now suspended use of National Identification Number (NIN) by the board’s management, all other process remain the same.

He emphasised that candidates desirous to sit for the examination should send their surname, first and middle names in that order to 55019 for their UTME PIN and profile code.

He said portal for the registration was expected to be activated on Monday, Jan. 13, the day for the commencement of the sales of the documents.

“Candidates are advised to use one unique telephone number that will be tied to him or her. Those who have also registered for the examination before now should still use the same telephone number to get their UTME PIN.

“We are looking forward to a seamless registration exercise as all logistics to ensure its success have been fully deployed to the various registration centres.

“We will stick to the registration window or calendar as agreed by other examination bodies because they equally have their own examination schedules and will not want a clash.

“To this end, therefore, we also want to implore candidates for Directed Entry to commence the process same day as those for the UTME, as it will close the same day,” he said.

Meanwhile, Benjamin stated that it has come to the notice of the board that a large number of candidates who had been offered admission for the UTME were yet to accept it.

“We also discovered that some candidates are mistaking such acceptance as being the one put in place by their of choice.

“We want to make it clear that clicking ‘accept’ on JAMB’s portal does not attract any fee.

“It is free. Just go to profile on the admission menu and click ‘accept’ and then go ahead to print your admission letter.

“We therefore call on all candidates that have been offered these admissions to do the needful as we round off the process for the 2019 admission on Feb. 17,” he said.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: vagragenericaar.org

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

FG reacts to fake news about resumption of schools in July, makes clarification

Published

on

By

FG reacts to fake news about resumption of schools in July, makes clarification IMG 20200604 232528

Lots of information have been flying around about the resumption of schools nationwide in .

Of course, we all know many students are concerned about when schools will resume, as many wants to resume as soon as possible.

However, this has opened students to lots of fake information/news by lots of people.

An information was released that schools will resume on 20th of July.

The information was that the Federal Government has announced Monday, July 20, 2020, as the official resumption date for , polytechnic and other schools.

The information was shared out in a way that it will seem real.

It includes the name of some important personnel in the country, and the stamp of the Federal Ministry of Education.

View pictures in App save up to 80% .

FG reacts to fake news about resumption of schools in July, makes clarification c38af3de8d670e6623a0a44f0a1fb2ba quality uhq format webp resize 720 watermark true

However, the Federal Ministry Of Education in Nigeria has debunked this fact.

Today, Thursday, 4th July, 2020, the Federal Ministry of Education, through its official Twitter account, has announced that this doesn’t have an iota of truth… instead, it’s a fake news.

On the official Twitter account, it was posted like this:

“Fake News Alert!!!

Kindly disregard all unconfirmed news not originating from the Ministry’s Official Media Handles.

The Official date for Resumption of Schools Nationwide is yet to be confirmed.”

View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

FG reacts to fake news about resumption of schools in July, makes clarification 9addfddfb6ae82244d577aff3f667b34 quality uhq format webp resize 720 watermark true

Thus, we implore all students to beware of any information.

If there will be any information about the resumption of schools in Nigeria, it’ll be officially announced and confirmed by the Federal Government.

Like, share and follow for more updates.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

FG begins disinfection of public schools, airports ahead of resumption

Published

on

By

FG begins disinfection of public schools, airports ahead of resumption school disinfection

The federal government said it had begun disinfection of public schools across the country preparatory to resumption after months of shutdown following the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic in the country.

Also, the government said ahead of the resumption of activities in the aviation sector, it had concluded arrangements with aircraft owners on the suitable disinfectant it would adopt on the aircraft and the nation’s airport. But government while it may not focus on the private schools in the ongoing project, for now, owners of private schools can engage registered and licensed firms to disinfect their schools. Minister of Environment, Dr. Mohammad Abubakar, told Vanguard on the sideline of a news conference he held to mark the 2020 World Environment Day, on Thursday that disinfection of public schools was ongoing already. But he said the ministry was waiting for the additional response to accelerate the disinfection of schools.

“We have started disinfection of schools. We have our presence in all the six geopolitical zones of the country. We are waiting for the additional response to accelerate the disinfection of schools,” he said. Asked if the project would cover private schools, the minister responded: “Usually, the first mandate is on the public schools.” He, however, added:” We will continue the disinfection exercise”, saying, ” I know many will hire people to do their decontamination and disinfection.”

According to him, “We are very okay with that but the only caveat is that they have to hire people that are registered and licensed by the Federal Ministry of Environment under the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of .

” He explained that “Government, as you all know, can not do everything at once but we are starting and we will move forward as we continue.” Also, commenting on the disinfection of airports ahead of activities in the aviation industry, he said the ministry had concluded arrangements with aircraft owners in that regard. “For the airports, we have just concluded arrangements with the aircraft owners. Why we took that step is that aviation is a very sensitive sector where everything must be 100 percent,200 percent, and even 400 percent before aviation people can function. That is why you see some aircraft that have up to four engines so that when one stops, the others can function because up there, there is no parking space. ” So we are working with them and they have chosen the chemicals that they believe can work well and not cause any safety breaches if the chemicals are applied to the aircraft and other certain areas.

” He said the government was also going to disinfect motor parks, train stations, and other areas that attract a large crowd of people. “We are going to disinfect parks, train stations, markets but for now these are the areas that we consider high-risk,” he said. “The ministry is working towards all these because there are so many places to be contaminated.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: