Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

An elder statesman of the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, in Bauchi state, Alh. Sadiq Ibrahim Ahmed, has expressed doubt over the successful operation of the Western Security (WNSN) codenamed operation Amotekun.

He said the Nigerian constitution already made provision for a regular security with the establishment of the Police saying a regional security outfit like ‘Amotekun’ has no constitutional backing.

The elder statesman who spoke with DAILY POST in a telephone on Saturday, however, called for the restructuring of the security architecture in the country.

In his words ” Amotekun will not last because it is indigenous, regionalized and lacks constitutional backing, whereas Nigeria is a country governed by the constitution. The constitution had already made provision for regular security with the establishment of the Nigeria Police . A regional security outfit like Amotekun is just a breach of the constitution,” that is it will not last. It will only bring problem and conflicts,” he said.

READ ALSO  FG abolishes dichotomy between BSC, HND holders

He alleged that there is a secret motive behind the establishment of Amotekun which is to cleanse the Fulani tribe in the Southwest.

”There is a motive behind the establishment which is to cleanse our tribe from the south, that’s is the agenda for its establishment. It is the objective of the government to provide security. Any parallel security outfit is unacceptable. I’m very sure Amotekun will not be recognized by law and it will never be legalized.”

Talking about the challenge of insecurity, Ahmed said the solution to insecurity is for the government to be serious.

READ ALSO  Salah missing as Egypt arrive Asaba for Super Eagles friendly

He noted that there is a need for restructuring of the security architecture of the country especially the police force.

” I’m calling for the removal of the service chiefs because they have done nothing. Reform the police, the Nigerian Army and all other security forces in the country. If Amotekun is legalized, it will become a black evil. The Hizbab security outfit in the north is an umbrella of an Islamic body only meant for Islamic affairs. It should not be compared to Amotekun,” he concluded.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Maiduguri Under Attack On Election Day As Seven Explosions Occur Within Ten Minutes
Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
191 Comments

191 Comments

  1. Pingback: vagragenericaar.org

  2. Pingback: buy cialis

  3. Pingback: careprost buy online usa

  4. Pingback: cialis pills

  5. Pingback: cialistodo.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Again, Boko Haram ambush Borno governor’s convoy

Published

on

By

Two days after an attack on the convoy of his officials, the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, was ambushed Sunday by gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram.

The ambush occurred as the governor’s convoy was departing Baga town in Kukawa Local Government Area.

At least 15 security personnel had died in an ambush on Friday as a convoy of the governor was driving towards Baga town to participate in the official relocation of IDP back to their reclaimed communities after years of displacement.

The Friday ambush was condemned by President Muhammadu Buhari who suggested sabotage of Mr Zulum’a efforts as governor.

Sources familiar with the latest incident said the attack happened near a village called Cross-Kauwa.

READ ALSO  How Aisha Buhari attacked me in Aso Villa – Mamman Daura’s daughter alleges [AUDIO]

Cross-Kauwa is a few kilometres from a location called Mile-4, where the Nigerian military has its biggest camp in that area.

“As we approached Cross-Kauwa an explosive believed to be landmine detonated and was immediately followed with the serious firing of guns from all sides,” said a government official who does not want to be named in this report.

“It was so terrifying that some of the security details in the convoy engaged in a brief moment of argument as to whether to make a U-turn and return to Baga or we should charge through. It was later decided that we had to forge on despite the shooting. That was how we charged through the ambush, and most of our vehicles had their tires deflated or riddled with bullets. We did not stop until we got to Monguno town.”

READ ALSO  GOOD NEWS FOR ATIKU AS ANOTHER EVIDENCE PUTS HIM CLOSER TO RECOVERING HIS STOLEN MANDATE- FULL DETAILS

The source said there was no death from Sunday’s failed ambush.

“Thank God there was no death except some few injuries,” another survivor, Sadiq Abubakar, said,

“About three vehicles escaped with shattered windscreens, while the Press Crew bus conveying journalists, had flat tyres. A military gun truck was also severely hit, while a soldier sustained a bullet wound on his shoulder.”

The governor and his entourage have since arrived in Maiduguri.

 

READ ALSO  VIDEO: ''It is a taboo for me to even think of it'' KWAM1 speaks to Dele Momodu on rumors of his alleged affair with Alaafin of Oyo's wife

More details of the latest incident will be provided in subsequent updates.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Labour suspends nationwide strike, protests (PHOTOS)

Published

on

By

Labour Congress, NLC, has suspended its planned nationwide strike that would have started today, Monday, September 28, in protest against the hike in pump price of fuel and electricity tariff.

Earlier, there were indications that the Federal Government and NLC might reach an agreement to avert the looming nationwide strike.

The meeting, which started at about 8:30 pm on Sunday and spilled over till Monday morning had Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed; Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo; Minister of State for Power, Godwin Jeddy-Agba and Group Managing Director of the NNPC.

READ ALSO  CHECKOUT!!! FIRST PHOTOS OF NAIRA MARLEY AS HE APPEARS IN COURT LOOKING DEJECTED

The Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo(SAN) tweeted that there was hope the industrial crisis might be avoided.

He stated on his verified Twitter handle(@fkeyamo): “Still negotiating with labour at exactly 12.34am. Some progress have been made. Concrete proposals on the table from both sides. “Details being worked on by the temporary Secretariat. Gradually moving towards a point of convergence. Let’s hope….”

Furthermore, a source told Vanguard that it is possible the tariff will be suspended for two weeks, but said nothing specific about fuel pump price.

The source also said a joint government/Labour committee will be set up to review the issues within those two weeks.

Vanguard also learned that a communique is being hammered out, an indication that some sort of agreement had been arrived at.

READ ALSO  I infected four persons with COVID-19 – Gov El-Rufai confesses

A communiqué, read by the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, after the meeting, disclosed that government agreed to suspend electricity tariff hike for two weeks pending when a committee set up would examine the justifications for the new policy in view of the need for the validation of the basis for the new cost-reflective tariff as a result of the conflicting information from the fields which appeared different from the data presented to justify the new policy by NERC.

He, however, noted that total deregulation in the downstream sector remains, adding that palliatives would be offered to Nigerian workers to cushion the effects of burden.

READ ALSO  Magu: Alleged cover-up in EFCC as unknown men attack NFIU office, destroy computers

Details of the agreement reached by parties below.

 

 

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: