Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

 

Atiku warns Supreme Court against ‘dictatorial forces’ after Bayelsa verdict Atiku Abubakar1 300x208

 

The presidential candidate of the People ’s Democratic Party in the 2019 election , Atiku Abubakar , has urged the Supreme Court to be consistent in its judgement .
He said this while reacting to the Supreme Court ’s declaration of Douye Diri as the govenor -elect of Bayelsa State .
Atiku , who stated that the judgement on Bayelsa election showed that “power belongs to the people .”
He made his position known in a series of tweets on Thursday .
Atiku also warned the Supreme Court against dictatorial forces.
Earlier, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress , Adams Oshiomhole, had said no one would be sworn in in the state on Friday .
Atiku tweeted , “I received the verdict of the Supreme Court , declaring the candidate of the @ OfficialPDPNig in the Bayelsa state gubernatorial elections , Senator Douye Diri , as the duly elected Governor of the state , with gladness .
“I call on all the people of Bayelsa to make peace with the recent past and embrace the future together , united in the mission to transform the state into a haven of peace and prosperity .
“Finally, I urge the Supreme Court to show consistency in its judgments and find the resolve to always deliver just -judgements no matter whose ox is gored .
“The people of Nigeria are behind the apex court in whatever they do to free themselves from the dominance of dictatorial forces.”
The Supreme Court on Thursday nullified the election of Bayelsa State governor – elect, David Lyon, and his running mate , Biobarakuma Degi -Eremienyo , who were already preparing to be inaugurated on Friday ( tomorrow ) .
A five – man panel of the apex court, led by Justice Mary Peter- Odili, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to the All Progressives Congress ’ candidates who had been declared winners of the November 16 , 2019 governorship election in the state .
The apex court ordered INEC to issue fresh certificates to the candidates of the party with the next highest votes and with the required constitutional spread of votes in the results of the election , which are the Peoples Democratic Party ’s candidates .
Justice Ejembi Ekwo, who read the lead judgment of the apex court, made the orders after disqualifying the APC deputy governorship candidate , Degi -Eremienyo , as a can

Loading...

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Amotekun: Our own security operation will be everywhere, Nigeria’s breakup won’t affect us – Miyetti Allah

Published

on

By

Amotekun: Our own security operation will be everywhere, Nigeria’s breakup won’t affect us – Miyetti Allah 20200222 145014 1

Miyetti Allah Kautel Hore socio-cultural organisation, has said that it may be pushed to set up its own security operation in the country, adding that if that happens, no one can control it.

Speaking through its National President, Abdullahi Bodejo , in an interview with the Sun, the organization also declared that Nigeria’s breakup won’t affect the Fulani in any way.

Bodejo said he is so afraid the way regions are coming up with illegal security outfits, “One group calls its own, Amotekun; another group calls its own Shege ka fasa”, declaring that he does not support anything illegal.

The Fulani leader pointed out that it would be a disaster for the country if all the groups are allowed to form their own security.

He explained that the Fulani are in every corner, “if the Fulani should set up its own, how many countries will that be; how many countries do they not have brothers- Our brothers are in Cameroun, Niger, Chad, Mali etc. Some migrated to Ghana to rear their cows and other parts of the world.”

He said his organization is looking at the response of the government and security agencies to the formation of these ”illegal security outfits, “because if it comes to our side. I don’t think it is something that anybody can control.”

“If we are pushed to set up our own security outfit, nobody can control it because nobody knows how many Fulani in Nigeria; we are more than every tribe in this country, we are in every corner,” Bodejo warned.

“If anything happens to this country whether break up, nothing can affect the Fulani. Nothing can affect the Fulani,” he added.

He said, however, that Fulani are blessed people who are managing themselves, but are hated by Nigerians “who do not want to take their eyes off them.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Abacha loot: Malami reacts as US opposes Buhari govt’s ‘plan’ to hand Atiku $100m

Published

on

By

Abacha loot: Malami reacts as US opposes Buhari govt’s ‘plan’ to hand Atiku $100m 20200222 143837 1

Nigeria’s Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has dismissed United States’ reported opposition to alleged plan by the President Muhammadu Buhari government to hand $100million to Kebbi Governor, Atiku Bagudu, from recovered Sani Abacha loot

Malami, through Umar Jibrilu Gwandu, his Special Assistant on Public Relations, called the news widely published by the Nigerian media as false.

“The story regarding paying a Governor certain amount of the repartraited Abacha loot is unfounded and baseless.

“It is only a fiction and figment of imagination of mischief makers who are bent on destroying the good efforts of the Federal Government.

“The report should be disregarded by any sensible and well-meaning persons”, Gwandu said in a statement Friday night.
Bloomberg had reported that there was a commitment by Nigeria to transfer funds to Bagudu after the repatriation of over $308million.

The U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) stated that Bagudu was part of Abacha network that, “embezzled, misappropriated and extorted billions from the government of Nigeria.”

The U.S. is also seeking to seize some assets linked to the chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors Forum.

The world power, following a Nigerian government request in 2012, initiated a forfeiture action, including investment portfolios held in London in trust for the Kebbi helmsman.

In about two decades, Nigeria has been able to recover more than $2billion out of the $5billion Transparency International estimated Abacha stole.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
Open chat
Powered by
%d bloggers like this: