Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

As the number of people infected with the deadly Coronavirus also known as Covid-19 continue to rise, Oyo state has recorded its first case.

We gathered that the case is that of a United Kingdom returnee, at Bodija area of Ibadan, the state capital.

DAILY POST recalls the state Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr. Bashir Bello had ealier disclosed that the suspected case was then under monitoring in Ibadan.

He said that the man, in his 50’s, who arrived Bodija area of Ibadan from the United Kingdom, has been isolated for the past four days.

“The UK returnee living in Ibadan had a temperature spike of 37.9 celsius and his blood sample was subsequently taken to COVID-19 testing facility of (NCDC),” he said.

Bello said the case was being monitored and the of the blood test was expected to arrive last Thursday.

The state government had earlier declared that the test was negative.

But, the state had rescinded its decision by saying that the case has come back to be positive.

The state , Engineer Seyi Makinde in a statement released Sunday morning, maintained that the result was released at 17:35 PM of March 21, 2020.

The governor added that another person who just returned from the US has been placed under isolation in Oluyole local government area.

Makinde said, “Oyo State COVID-19 task update (MARCH 21, 2020).

“The COVID-19 confirmation test for the suspected case at Bodija has come back POSITIVE. The result was released at 17:35 PM of March 21, 2020. Oyo State Public Health Officials are collaborating with the College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan’s team on the case.

“A follow up on the Ekiti COVID-19 case revealed that the deceased was picked up directly from Lagos Airport to a private apartment in Ona Ara Local Government Area.

“The Health Authorities have contacted the family concerned and the community has been alerted for intensified contact tracing and self-isolation of identified close contacts.
The information given that he stayed in some in Ibadan has been found to be false.

“Another returnee from Texas, , has also been identified at Oluyole Local Government Area. She has been kept in self-isolation with close monitoring by the State Epidemiological Team. All recent returnees are again urged to identify themselves to Ministry Officials and self-isolate for 14 days.

“We have released funds for: Activation of Emergency Operation Centre at the Ministry of Health.

“Establishment of Diagnostic Centre for screening of Coronavirus and other related infectious diseases to be stationed at the UCH, Ibadan. Equipping of the newly designated Oyo State Infectious Disease Centre at Olodo that has the capacity for over 100 cases.

“Oyo State Ministry of Health Helplines: 08038210122/ 08023229267/ 08073431342”.

BREAKING: Oyo records first case of Coronavirus, another US returnee under isolation IMG 20200322 WA0001 BREAKING: Oyo records first case of Coronavirus, another US returnee under isolation IMG 20200322 WA0000

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

BREAKING: Nigeria records five new COVID-19 cases, 214 in total

Published

on

By

BREAKING: Nigeria records five new COVID-19 cases, 214 in total IMG 20200404 221816

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has reported five new cases of coronavirus in the country, taking the total number of infections to 214.

According to NCDC, “Five new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria: three in Bauchi and two in the FCT, Abuja.

As at 10:10 pm 4th April there are 214 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. Twenty-five have been discharged with two deaths

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Controversy trails missing Osun COVID-19 patient

Published

on

By

Controversy trails missing Osun COVID-19 patient Gboyega oyetola 1140x570 1

There was contention on the position of the Osun state government officials over the COVID-19 patients who went missing at the isolation centre in Ejigbo and was later apprehended by the police who returned her to the Isolation facility in Ejigbo.

The Nation reports that the Commissioner of Information and Civic Orientation, Mrs. Funke Egbemonde refuted the claim that six people from the isolation centre escaped. However, she admitted that only one person was missing.

Egbemonde, in her first release, noted that only one coronavirus patient was missing at the facility in Ejigbo.

Her word, “This morning we embarked on a headcount and found out that only one person could not be accounted for by officials stationed at the isolation centre out of the 127 persons.

“The state government is currently investigating the matter and will ensure that the missing person is brought back to the isolation center and we will also ensure we trace all his contacts.

Egbemonde stressed that any officials(s) found culpable will also be dealt with accordingly urging members of the public to his countenance the alarm being raised.

Also, at about 2:30 PM, a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the , Mr. Ismail Omipidan confirmed that the COVID-19 patient who absconded the isolation centre in Ejigbo has been found.

Omipidan statement quoting the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation read, “The state government of Osun has found the only person who reportedly absconded the isolation center in Ejigbo earlier today.

She said that the state government was still in the process of tracing individuals she might have come in contact with adding that security within and around the isolation centre has been beefed up.

When the deputy governor, Mr. Benedict Alabi visited the isolation centre on Saturday evening, the police who are guiding the isolation center in Ejigbo lamented over poor welfare and lack of protective wares.

A policeman who addressed the deputy governor on behalf of about 75 other officers told the deputy governor that they lack protective wares at the duty post.

He said, they only received only a petty sum of N1,000 for the past three days after resuming duties in the isolation centre and were not given any food.

He noted that they have not been given nose masks, hand gloves, and other protective wears, saying with the peculiarities of the environment in the isolation centre, the provision of protective materials was critical for their health.

Responding, the deputy governor, who also doubles as the chairman, COVID-19 Taskforce Committee in Osun assured that all their complaints would be looked into, just as he charged them to be effective in providing security at the isolation centre.

When the deputy governor, Mr. Benedict Alabi was addressing journalists at the isolation centre, he contended that none of the returnees from Cote d’Ivoire, who tested positive escaped despite the official statement issued by the Commissioner of Information, Mrs. Funke Egbemode that the escaped returnee had been found.

Alabi who is also the chairman of the COVID-19 Task Committee said, “there is a mixup we are trying to sort out in the laboratory and another state which I won’t mention now. None of the Cote d’Ivoire returnees that tested positive is missing, they are all in the isolation centre.”

“All those who came into the state, we profile them by getting their phone numbers, addresses and that of their next of kin. Some of them did not believe the test we did which is the reason why we have security personnel around them. We have 17 of them tested positive and they are inside the isolation centre.”

“We are trying our best to see that we are fully prepared in Osun State that is all the effort we are making. All the index cases we have in the state are in the isolation centre and being taken care of and all the ones that are negative are preparing to leave for their various homes.”

“When the issues of the foreign returnees came to Ejigbo, we converted the General Hospital to isolation centre. We want to decentralize our isolation centre. We have in Ejigbo, Ile-Ife, and Osogbo, We are working on Ede’s own.”

However, the spokesperson of the returnees, who tested negative, Alhaji Mojeed Animashaun, an indigene of Iwo appreciated the state government for their kind gesture, just as he apologised for their hitherto unruly behaviour.

This was just as all the returnees who tested negative and not from Osun State left the isolation centre in Ejigbo yesterday for respective states.

From the breakdown of the figures, 11 of them are from Imo, Abia, Delta and Edo, 11 from Oyo State, two from , while one is from Ogun State.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
Open chat
Powered by
%d bloggers like this: