Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has said orientation camps across the country will not be reopened, until it is safe to do so.

This was confirmed in a statement signed by its Director, Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, on Thursday.

Adeyemi said any report that NYSC was planning to open the camps was false.

“To put issues in proper perspective, it is appropriate to state that the National Youth Service Corps will only return to the orientation camps when it is very safe to do so, in view of the danger posed by COVID-19 – 19 pandemic.

READ ALSO  Free education without payment of WAEC fees incomplete, deceitful- SPN tackles Makinde

“The scheme places a very high premium on the lives of corps members, camp officials and other stakeholders which was the key reason it suspended 2020 Batch “A” Stream 1 orientation programme in March this year,” she said.

Adeyemi also made it clear that even when it had been established that it was safe to open the camps, NYSC, would act when it had received the nod of the Federal Government.

READ ALSO  Real reason LAUTECH is in crisis – EAAG

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. ปั้มไลค์

    June 26, 2020 at 7:19 am

    Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

  2. Thanks so much for the blog post.

  3. These are actually great ideas in concerning blogging.

  4. เบอร์สวยมงคล

    June 26, 2020 at 7:22 am

    I like this website very much, Its a very nice office to read and incur information.

  5. SMS

    June 26, 2020 at 7:24 am

    Very good article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site. Keep up the great writing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Osun proprietor arrested for circulating fake school reopening proposal

Published

on

By

The Osun State Government has said a private school proprietor in the state had been handed to over to the police for circulating unapproved plan for school reopening .
The school reopening proposal was shared in many whatsapp groups in the state on Wednesday and when attention of Special Adviser to the governor on Education , Mr Jamiu Olawumi was drawn to the proposal , he told our correspondent to disregard it.
Olawumi , who claimed that the man circulating the said proposal had been arrested by the police on the order of state government , told residents to wait for the directive of Governor Gboyega Oyetola on the issue .
According to the said reopening proposal , schools in Osun state were to resume on July 20 , 2020 and only 20 children were to sit in a class
It was also proposed that big schools would run two shifts of morning , 8 am to 12 pm ; and afternoon , 1 .30 pm to 5 .30 pm daily .
But Olawumi said , “Schools were closed by the President and the power to reopen has been conceded to the state governors . Osun citizens should await the announcement as endorsed by the governor very soon . We have handed him ( the person behind the proposal ) over to the police . Disregard the proposal please .”
Efforts to get reaction of Osun State leadership of National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools to the development proved futile .

READ ALSO  Suspended Ilaro Polytechnic SUG President Reinstated By School's Management

Loading...
Continue Reading

Education

Nigerian govt postpones school resumption, 2020 WASSCE indefinitely

Published

on

By

The Federal Government has canceled the resumption of schools for graduating classes.

This was announced by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, while speaking to State House Correspondents the weekly Federal Executive Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.

Adamu also disclosed that 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, has been postponed indefinitely.

READ ALSO  Scrap N-Power; NUT Tells Nigerian Govt, We Have Qualified Teachers Eager For Employment

This, he said was due to the spread of the coronavirus disease in the country.

Adamu also explained that Nigerian schools will not reopen any time soon until it is safe to do so.

According to the minister, he would prefer Nigerian students lose an academic year than to expose them to dangers.

Recall that the federal government had earlier announced August 5th as scheduled date for WAEC exam.

READ ALSO  FPE - How to have a successful registration

Details later…

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: