Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Access Bank Plc has said it would refund its customers whose accounts were debited for stamp duty charges.

The bank made this known on Sunday after it received heavy criticisms for the charges.

Recall that account owners on the microblogging site, Twitter, called out the bank throughout the weekend for the charges, which some of them described as insensitive, coming at a time when many had lost their means of livelihood due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

But the bank, in a statement, said it had informed the customers earlier in the week of its decision.

“Earlier this week, we informed all our customers that we had inadvertently not charged stamp duty on some accounts from February to April 2020 as mandated by the Federal Government,” the statement read.

READ ALSO  Why we can’t reopen schools, worship centres yet – Makinde

Explaining the reason for stamp duty charges, the bank said: “Stamp duty charge collection is in compliance with the mandate of the Finance Act, 2019 (Stamp Duty Act, Cap S8). We are required by law to apply this charge as applicable and remit all funds collected to the Federal Government.”

Promising to refund the affected customers their money, the bank said it had taken cognisance of the customers’ displeasure and had decided to rescind its decision for the affected months of February, March and April, saying it would pay the Federal Government on the customers’ behalf.

“We have considered your feedback and have decided to pay the stamp duty on our customers’ behalf for the affected period only. This means all individual and SMEs who were debited for the accumulated stamp duty charge for February to April 2020, will be refunded.

READ ALSO  Kano: No conclusion on strange deaths yet – Nigerian govt

“While we still have to remit these funds via the CBN to the Federal Government, we realise that we got it wrong by debiting our customers late, and we are refunding the affected stamp duty charge today to all affected customers,” the bank said.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. ปั้มไลค์

    June 28, 2020 at 8:50 pm

    Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

  2. Thank you ever so for you article post.

  3. These are actually great ideas in concerning blogging.

  4. เบอร์สวย

    June 28, 2020 at 8:54 pm

    I like this website very much, Its a very nice office to read and incur information.

  5. SMS

    June 28, 2020 at 8:55 pm

    Very good article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site. Keep up the great writing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

COVID-19: Osun records 11 new cases, discharges four patients

Published

on

By

The Osun State Government, on Wednesday, confirmed the discovery of 11 new cases on COVID-19.

Similarly, it announced the discharge of four patients from its Treatment and Isolation Centre.

The number of confirmed cases in the state has risen to 210 with 115 active cases.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, made the disclosure in a statement on Wednesday evening in Osogbo, the state capital of Osun.

READ ALSO  Why we can’t reopen schools, worship centres yet – Makinde

He disclosed that all the 11 new cases were contacts of those who had previously contracted the virus in the state.

Dr. Isamotu appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State to contain the spread of the virus.

He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 210 with 115 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 88 patients while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: DSS Arrests Sowore

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

EFCC: Osinbajo clears air on receiving N4billion from Magu

Published

on

By

Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has reacted to reports that former acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, gave him N4billion.

Reports had claimed that Osinbajo also allegedly gave instructions to Magu to release some of the recovered loots.

But reacting, a statement issued by Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, on Wednesday, described the report as fake news.

READ ALSO  Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu threatens to crumble Nigeria, alleges Aso Rock in ‘turmoil’

He explained that Osinbajo has never been involved in such shady activities.

He said, “Inundated by wide circulation of Fake News about VP’s purported involvement in some EFCC recovery billions, please rest assured they’re all LIES: calculated to confuse and concocted to smear Prof. Osinbajo’s image.

“The VP hasn’t and will never be involved in any such shady activities.”

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Fani-Kayode blames Melinda Gates for foreseeing dead bodies all over African streets

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: