Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

More than one million Nigerians have applied to become a part of the N-Power Batch C beneficiaries since the recruitment portal opened on Friday.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq disclosed this in a tweet on Sunday evening.

 

It will be recalled the Minister had previously noted that the decision to enrol the third batch of the scheme was made following consultations. She added that the enrolment will provide opportunities for more Nigerian youths to access the programme.

The Minister, however, disclosed that current enrollees of the N-Power scheme (Batch A) will exit June 30, 2020 while (Batch B) will exit the programme on July 31, 2020.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Buhari ordered Ganduje to dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso alleges

Naija News reports that the portal for the recruitment of Batch C N-Power beneficiaries by the federal government opened by 11:45 pm on Friday, 26th June, 2020.

The federal government had revealed that 400,000 candidates would be picked from the pool of applicants as Batch C beneficiaries of the N-Power scheme.

The N-Power scheme is a social intervention scheme introduced in 2016 by President Muhammadu Buhari, as a two-year programme for graduate and non-graduate Nigerians between the ages of 18-35.

READ ALSO  Osun poll: Oyinlola tells INEC to declare winner, warns politicians

The beneficiaries enjoy N30, 000 monthly stipend, and devices during the duration of their stay in the scheme in exchange for services offered including teaching, agric extension services, health, etc.

The scheme has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries thus far – 200,000 from Batch A which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from Batch B which kicked off in August 2018.

However, the government has noted that as part of efforts to reposition the scheme, the new batch of beneficiaries will not be staying up to two years in the scheme.

READ ALSO  Chinese doctors have began working at our isolation centres - Lai Mohammed (VIDEO)

The duration will be unveiled later by the federal government.

 

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. ปั้มไลค์

    June 28, 2020 at 10:24 pm

    Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

EFCC: Ibrahim Magu opens up on ‘N550b missing interest’

Published

on

By

Ibrahim Magu, the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has denied the claim that he failed to account for the interest in the N550 billion recovered fund kept in the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, custody.

Recall that the Final Report of Presidential Committee on Audit of Recovered Assets, PCARA, surfaced at the weekend showing how interest rates accruing from N550 billion recovered by the anti-graft agency in the period from May, 2015, to May 2020.

The report said the EFCC, “Failure to report on the interest on actual lodgments clearly establishes that interest element of over N550 billion has been re-looted relating to the period under review.”

But in a statement by his lawyer Wahab Shittu on Sunday, Magu said such recovered fund kept with the CBN do not generate interest.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Buhari ordered Ganduje to dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso alleges

The statement added, “It is falsehood that Magu placed N550 billion recovered loot into a deposit account.

NEWS:  Kwara Deputy Governor’s staff contract COVID-19

“The alleged transaction never featured in the proceedings before the Salami panel. Magu was never confronted with any such allegation by the panel and the news is blatant falsehood.

“To the best of Magu’s knowledge, no such amount is in any such account and he remains aghast at such outrageous figures. No one has confronted Magu with such allegations.

“All recovered funds are lodged in the Treasury Single Account (TSA) with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Such recovered funds do not generate interest. This is elementary and can be verified from the CBN and the federal ministry of finance.

READ ALSO  Chinese doctors have began working at our isolation centres - Lai Mohammed (VIDEO)

“This can also be confirmed from other government revenue generating agencies. Funds kept in TSA account do not generate interest.”

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had on Friday suspended Magu as the acting chairman of the EFCC.

The agency’s Director of Operations, Mohammed Umar, has taken charge and now oversees the activities of the Commission pending the conclusion of the ongoing investigation into Magu’s case.

Magu, on Friday wrote the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, asking to be released on bail.

In a letter dated July 10, 2020, Magu’s legal representative, Oluwatosin Ojaomo, asked Adamu to grant bail to his client on “self recognizance.”

The acting EFCC Chairman was arrested on Monday and taken to the presidential Villa in Abuja, where he is being interrogated by a panel headed by Ayo Salami, a retired president of the Appeal Court.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Oyetola extend lockdown by 2 weeks, Gives people grace of two days to re-stock.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

World risks another virus like COVID-19 – UN

Published

on

By

The United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) says that the world risks another virus of the magnitude of COVID-19.

The UN warned that this could happen if the trafficking, sales and consumption of wildlife are not stopped.

UNODC, in a statement, said the World Wildlife Crime Report 2020 revealed that zoonotic diseases represented 75 percent of all emerging infections globally.

Diseases like SARS-CoV-2 that caused COVID-19 pandemic have already been linked to wildlife with pangolins top on the suspected list.

UNODC noted that the coronavirus pandemic “has shown that wildlife crime is a threat not only to the environment and biodiversity, but also to human health”.

It said when wild animals are poached from their natural habitat, butchered and sold illegally, the potential for transmission of zoonotic diseases is increased.

NEWS:  NANS revisits Ogun National Youth Council crisis, threatens showdown with NSCDC

UNODC added that pangolins, which were identified as a potential source of coronavirus, were the most trafficked wild mammals in the world.

READ ALSO  Presidency speaks on Buhari marrying Sadiya Umar Farouq as second wife

The body decried that Nigeria played a significant role in the trafficking and sales of pangolins with at least 51 tonnes of pangolin scales seized in 2019, from just two tonnes in 2015.

UNODC disclosed that in the last 20 years, it made 180,000 seizures from 149 countries and territories.

Executive Director, Ghada Waly, stressed that if wildlife crimes were not stopped, they would heighten the risk of a future public health emergency.

He said stopping the trafficking in wildlife species was a critical step not just to protect biodiversity and the rule of law, but to help prevent future public health emergencies.

READ ALSO  Osun poll: Oyinlola tells INEC to declare winner, warns politicians

“To protect people and the planet in line with the Sustainable Development Goals, and to build back better from the COVID-19 crisis, we cannot afford to ignore wildlife crime”, the official appealed.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: