Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Federal Government has slashed the fees chargeable for services related to conduct of statutory marriage in the country.

It said the review of the fees, which come under the Marriage Act CAP M6 LFN 2004, would commence from Wednesday, 1st July.

The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, made the disclosure in a public notice by the Permanent Secretary and Principal Registrar of Marriages in Nigeria, Georgina Ehuriah.

A statement from the Director of press in the ministry, Mohammed Manga, quoted the Minister as saying that the adjustment was an off-shoot of the recommendations made by stakeholders at the Sensitization Conferences held across the country in the third quarter of 2019.

READ ALSO  Name those diverting COVID-19 funds or be quiet – Presidency slams Ndume

According to him, the fees chargeable for the Issuance of Fresh Marriage Licence to a place of Public Worship has been reduced from N30,000 for two (2) years to N6,000 yearly, payable for five years in the first instance.

For the renewal of marriage licence by a place of public worship, N5,000 has been approved per year, payable for three (3) years at each instance, as against the N30,000 earlier charged annually, he said.

The fees chargeable for statutory ordinary marriage has also been cut down from N21,000 to N15,000 while that of statutory special licence has been slashed from N35,000 to N25,000.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Fire razes shops, pharmacy in Kaduna

Aregbesola noted a link has been created on the ministry’s website; (www.ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng) to enable states and local governments access the Ministry’s automation platform for services relating to the conduct of Statutory Marriage in the country.

The Minister called on stakeholders to take advantage of the reduction in fees to licence their places of public worship and continue to celebrate statutory marriage as specified by the Law.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. ปั้มไลค์

    June 29, 2020 at 6:03 pm

    Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.

  2. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.

  3. These are actually great ideas in concerning blogging.

  4. เบอร์สวยมงคล

    June 29, 2020 at 6:06 pm

    Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

  5. SMS

    June 29, 2020 at 6:07 pm

    I used to be able to find good info from your blog posts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

COVID-19: Osun records 11 new cases, discharges four patients

Published

on

By

The Osun State Government, on Wednesday, confirmed the discovery of 11 new cases on COVID-19.

Similarly, it announced the discharge of four patients from its Treatment and Isolation Centre.

The number of confirmed cases in the state has risen to 210 with 115 active cases.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, made the disclosure in a statement on Wednesday evening in Osogbo, the state capital of Osun.

READ ALSO  My husband asks for cloth I use to clean up after sex – Wife tells court

He disclosed that all the 11 new cases were contacts of those who had previously contracted the virus in the state.

Dr. Isamotu appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State to contain the spread of the virus.

He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 210 with 115 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 88 patients while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

READ ALSO  Name those diverting COVID-19 funds or be quiet – Presidency slams Ndume

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

EFCC: Osinbajo clears air on receiving N4billion from Magu

Published

on

By

Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has reacted to reports that former acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, gave him N4billion.

Reports had claimed that Osinbajo also allegedly gave instructions to Magu to release some of the recovered loots.

But reacting, a statement issued by Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, on Wednesday, described the report as fake news.

READ ALSO  Twitter shuts thousands of accounts linked to China, Russia, Turkey

He explained that Osinbajo has never been involved in such shady activities.

He said, “Inundated by wide circulation of Fake News about VP’s purported involvement in some EFCC recovery billions, please rest assured they’re all LIES: calculated to confuse and concocted to smear Prof. Osinbajo’s image.

“The VP hasn’t and will never be involved in any such shady activities.”

READ ALSO  My husband asks for cloth I use to clean up after sex – Wife tells court

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: